IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Hi Qobuz friends - first, despite some critique I posted in the past I remain and will remain loyal. I think this is the best music streaming service for music lovers and find the SQ to be much better to Tidal. A couple of questions: 

- I would love to commit for a longer period, but are we going to see the promos you offered in the US over here in Europe (Belgium in my case)

- As originally I am from Israel, I still find your Israeli music catalogue on the thin side, any chance of seeing a change here.

And finally - keep up the good work!!

On 1/10/2020 at 2:44 AM, RichardSF said:

@David Craff,

There is something fundamentally wrong with this album on Qobuz. The album as released by Sony Classical should contain Bruch and Mozart, but Qobuz is playing the wrong tracks.

Here is the same album on different services:

Qobuz: http://open.qobuz.com/album/0886443008885

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0HVxeWHCCZhndxGCmUYXIA

Tidal: https://tidal.com/browse/album/7794551

Google: https://play.google.com/music/preview/Bmop6ovazz3pbkpfdtnzpqm5ioi

The album should play the tracks as listed (Bruch followed by Mozart). It plays correctly on the other services but on Qobuz the album plays Mendelssohn followed by Bruch. 

Hi @RichardSF

I thought I fixed the issue by submitting feedback but found something really interesting.

If I play the album in the Web Player, it is indeed Bruch.

But if I play it via the Mac Desktop App or Android Qobuz App, or BubbleUPnP, it plays the Mendelssohn. Is that also your case?

I am suspecting that the command sent by the Web Player is different from the apps.

8 hours ago, leafy said:

Hi @RichardSF

I thought I fixed the issue by submitting feedback but found something really interesting.

If I play the album in the Web Player, it is indeed Bruch.

But if I play it via the Mac Desktop App or Android Qobuz App, or BubbleUPnP, it plays the Mendelssohn. Is that also your case?

I am suspecting that the command sent by the Web Player is different from the apps.

@leafy, I just tried now and I'm getting inconsistent results (and different from what you just reported).

PC app: Mendelssohn

Mac app: Bruch

Web player: Bruch

Android app: Mendelssohn

Previously, I was getting Mendelssohn on PC and Mac (I hadn't tried Android or web player earlier). So the behavior has changed for me from last time but still not correct. Perhaps the situation is still evolving.

I’m midway through my trial month with Qobuz Studio.

I have a Bryston BDP1, which I understood that Bryston had limited to 16/44 when playing  Qobuz directly (as opposed to via Roon)

However, my 24/96 Qobuz favourites play fine and show as 96:24 in the Bryston Media Player pane (with appropriate bitrate) and as 96 on my DAC readout.  

Obviously I’m not complaining, but good to hear  from other users who can confirm the same and/or explain.  (Already enquired on Audiocircle but without reply so far).

Thanks.

@al2813 and @The Computer Audiophileall of them on my desktop app ipad and phone including those newer 'bootlegs...'--some are grayed out or just samplers and if i am correct even ej/mary lee's corvette's 'blood on the tracks' word for word at some grocery store/wine bar in lower manhattan and a slew of tributes and covers if you look--- even pat guadagno( a jersey shore bar singer--'thats a bob dylan song...' 2009 edition of his yearly dylan birthday fest) and barb jungr is back on qobuz with her covers.must be a belgium issue problem-- BTW @al2813 do you have anything by Won-Ton-Ton on Qobuz in belgium( bea van der maat) really dark music/songs--- album is called 'HOME'(check it out Chris)

I’ve been testing out qobuz recently and am having issues with my Chromecast audio on my iPhone 8. It works flawless with Spotify and I believe tidal in my short trial. I want to make it work as qobuz is the least expensive hi res streaming service.

when I play an album and select listen to on chromecast device it slowly loads and begins playing. After a minute or so it stops showing the progress of the song and the album continues but displays the first song at 0:00. When I go to the google home app it shows the current song and progress and I have the ability to stop, ff, etc but this is very clunky.

suggestions?

My issue is that I still have not received the promised refund for the unused part of my high-priced subscription to Qobuz (after I re-subscribed at the lower price), despite several emails to customer service. Has any user received the promised refund? The lack of any reasonable answer to my questions is beginning to feel like a scam.

If Chris' report on Qobuz USA pricing was correct there were a number of conditions to be met:

"

There are some details to this new Qobuz Studio Premier pricing. According to the Qobuz website this is an offer that goes until January 31, 2020 for the first 100,000 customers. But, Some existing customers (HiFi and Studio Monthly subscribers) will automatically be switched to this new pricing. Yearly subscribers can renew for another year to get the pricing and receive either a discount or a refund depending on how much time is left in their subscription. "

You say that you re-subscribed. That suggests that you cancelled your existing subscription and started again with the new pricing. However the offer to existing yearly subscribers appears to be  that they should renew their existing subscription ( not re-subscribe). I recall from Qobuz price changes over here in Europe that we were all sent an email with a special link that enabled the renewal for a year at the lower price.  Was there a similar process for this offer? Did you use it?

17 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@al2813 and @The Computer Audiophileall of them on my desktop app ipad and phone including those newer 'bootlegs...'--some are grayed out or just samplers and if i am correct even ej/mary lee's corvette's 'blood on the tracks' word for word at some grocery store/wine bar in lower manhattan and a slew of tributes and covers if you look--- even pat guadagno( a jersey shore bar singer--'thats a bob dylan song...' 2009 edition of his yearly dylan birthday fest) and barb jungr is back on qobuz with her covers.must be a belgium issue problem-- BTW @al2813 do you have anything by Won-Ton-Ton on Qobuz in belgium( bea van der maat) really dark music/songs--- album is called 'HOME'(check it out Chris)

So am now on my Mac and able to search with more screen real estate. Blonde on Blonde is only available in a 2010 mono release. The same for Highway 61 Revisited. Blood on the Tracks is not available as far as I could tell. 

Again I am awaiting a response from Qobuz customer service. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but the weakness of the Qobuz search and presentation is bitterly exposed in a scenario where you're looking at an artist that has hundreds of releases. You search in Spotify and  when selecting Bob Dylan it pulls directly the list with first the studio albums in chronological order (the REAL order not the wrong release years you see often on the album descriptions.  When I try a search such a "Bob Dylan Blonde", you do not get the 2010 mono version. It only pops up when carefully scrollling through the multiple entries. 

I have been an unconditional fan of Qobuz since seriously getting into high quality streaming. I am happy to pay the extra amount to get a quality service that does not compromise on anything. This is why issues like this bug me and a lot. 

34 minutes ago, al2813 said:

So am now on my Mac and able to search with more screen real estate. Blonde on Blonde is only available in a 2010 mono release. The same for Highway 61 Revisited. Blood on the Tracks is not available as far as I could tell. 

Again I am awaiting a response from Qobuz customer service. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but the weakness of the Qobuz search and presentation is bitterly exposed in a scenario where you're looking at an artist that has hundreds of releases. You search in Spotify and  when selecting Bob Dylan it pulls directly the list with first the studio albums in chronological order (the REAL order not the wrong release years you see often on the album descriptions.  When I try a search such a "Bob Dylan Blonde", you do not get the 2010 mono version. It only pops up when carefully scrollling through the multiple entries. 

I have been an unconditional fan of Qobuz since seriously getting into high quality streaming. I am happy to pay the extra amount to get a quality service that does not compromise on anything. This is why issues like this bug me and a lot. 

That's odd. I'm in the UK and have checked my Dylan library & Blonde, Highway & Blood are all there in Hi-Res

Many others also

On 1/18/2020 at 10:19 PM, al2813 said:

I am in shock. Just realised I cannot find a whole bunch of Dylan’s classic albums including highway 61, Blond and others. This is using BlueOS app. How is it possible? 

Hi

It seems that we don't have the rights to this album for Belgium...

I'm waiting for the supply chain service to get more information.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi

It seems that we don't have the rights to this album for Belgium...

I'm waiting for the supply chain service to get more information.

Regards

thanks! I sent a message to customer service (in French) but no response. I am getting the feeling you miss a lot of albums in Belgium. I assumed naively that you have the same rights here as in the UK or France. 

Minor complaint. I recently sent a message to Qobuz support via their official web form regarding a couple of missing artists in their catalog. I selected the "catalog" topic from the web form category.

I got an apparently generic reply that they were expanding their catalog, there could still be "regrettable gaps" but it would only be temporary.

They referred me to another link to another web form to submit my request for inclusion in their catalog.  It asked for the same info I had already included on the first web form, plus links to the titles on other streaming services.  

Having already done most of the work the first time to include identifying links and provenance, I wasn't really inclined to do it again. 

Seems a little lame. 

Anyway, here's the link to request additions to the Qobuz catalog, if anyone is interested...

https://airtable.com/shrhgYF9HMPMEuI9H

(What/who is Airtable?)

9 hours ago, rn701 said:

They referred me to another link to another web form to submit my request for inclusion in their catalog

As the recent missing repertoire postings have related to the Belgium service I thought it worthwhile pointing out the the link and form appear to relate to the USA Qobuz service only ( note the question relating to other US streaming services).