IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

10 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I have been given trial access to Qobuz Sublime.

Do you have high res (24-bit) streaming?  If so, it's Sublime +.  Or were you just looking at downloads available to buy?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

5 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Yes I have high res streaming up to 24/192. 

OK my point is that Qobuz offers Sublime and Sublime + subscriptions.  Only Sublime + offers high res streaming.  So your post should say you have a trial subscription to Sublime +.  It's more expensive than Sublime.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

46 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Qobuz is light years ahead of Tidal.

I think so too, especially if you prefer classical and jazz.  Damien decided to integrate Qobuz in A+ before doing TIDAL, so I switched to Qobuz to participate in the A+ beta testing.  I was quickly impressed by the wealth of content and never went back to TIDAL.  I still thank Geoffrey Armstrong for encouraging me to try Qobuz 3 years ago.

1 hour ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

We're working on that now.

We are partnering with Musimap to achieve that feature, similar to Spotify and Deezer's flow.

Timing is harder to predict as it depends on the quality of the Algorithms that will be provided, and how long it can take them to bring it to a quality deemed good enough for a release.

I would say that we aim to have something live in the first half of 2019.

Hi David,

I am located in EU and I am a happy Qobuz / Sublime+ customer from the very beginning. I am not sure, if I really got your answer. To my understanding it is a licence topic why you are not allowed to offer some albums (labels) in High-Res for streaming.

reg.,

Bernhard

11 hours ago, shadowlight said:

@4est responding to you on this thread instead of the migrating playlist thread.

Are you seeing a completely blank screen or are you seeing everything on the screen but it does not respond to anything?  If it is not responding I ran into similar situation when the software version was updated.  It told me that it was updating and once it was updated the warning about need to restart was in the smallest font possible.  I kept on clicking everywhere on the screen until I noticed that warning.

I am not sure if you are running into something similar.  If you are still having issues, please try to uninstall, reboot and reinstall if you have not done that yet.

This seems to be what is going on, but for the life of me I could not find something clickable. This evening I will reinstall and give that a go. TY very much Silverlight!

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

3 hours ago, hsmeets said:

Hi David,

One small suggestion:

Qobuz Management should convince the dutch 'Channel Classics' label to allow streaming of their catalog.

As with ECM that would be a great addition.

Thanks,

Huib

+1 for Channel Classics. I’ve also requested 2L.

As for ECM, isn’t it available? I thought I saw Keith Jarrett and Anouar Brahem, but I didn’t try streaming them.

@austinpop

I totally agree with this.

One of the things I began noticing with Tidal was the increase in 96kbs offerings even as a HIFI subscriber. No indication prior to playing that you were getting such low quality streaming. Podger on Channel Classics was definitely one of those offerings.

I suppose one can argue that listening to the whole recording at 96kbs is better than a 30 sec sample, so in this respect Tidal is better than Qobuz.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

This is really lame. As @austinpop pointed out, playing mp3 and only a snippet of the tracks. Just tell me I can't stream the album.

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist Please help on this one. It was a Tidal favorite, that came over when I used Soundiiz. Soundiiz said it had a match so I thought oh cool. Now I go to play it and it not only says High Resolution, but I can't even play it because only 30 second snippets are allowed and they are mp3 as well. Bait and switch. Not cool, but I'm not up in arms or leaving the service. Just something that is annoying.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.33.06 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, rodrigaj said:

@austinpop

I totally agree with this.

One of the things I began noticing with Tidal was the increase in 96kbs offerings even as a HIFI subscriber. No indication prior to playing that you were getting such low quality streaming. Podger on Channel Classics was definitely one of those offerings.

I suppose one can argue that listening to the whole recording at 96kbs is better than a 30 sec sample, so in this respect Tidal is better than Qobuz.

27 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is really lame. As @austinpop pointed out, playing mp3 and only a snippet of the tracks. Just tell me I can't stream the album.

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist Please help on this one. It was a Tidal favorite, that came over when I used Soundiiz. Soundiiz said it had a match so I thought oh cool. Now I go to play it and it not only says High Resolution, but I can't even play it because only 30 second snippets are allowed and they are mp3 as well. Bait and switch. Not cool, but I'm not up in arms or leaving the service. Just something that is annoying.

Guys, let’s let Qobuz offer up an explanation and a resolution, if any. From what I can tell, it appears their UI reflects what’s available to buy, not necessarily what’s available to stream.

My hope is that their plans for US launch also include improvements to their platform and business model. After all, that’s why they have hired folks like @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist

I’m ready to give them the benefit of the doubt. For now.

4 hours ago, austinpop said:

+1 for Channel Classics. I’ve also requested 2L.

As for ECM, isn’t it available? I thought I saw Keith Jarrett and Anouar Brahem, but I didn’t try streaming them.

My bad way of expressing myself: ECM is since a few months available for streaming.

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That is strange...While we do have some snippits until the tracks/albums are cleared, I have 1989 playing in full res with the full tune. https://open.qobuz.com/album/0060254706688

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 4.47.35 PM.png

16 hours ago, EuroChamp said:

Hi David,

I am located in EU and I am a happy Qobuz / Sublime+ customer from the very beginning. I am not sure, if I really got your answer. To my understanding it is a licence topic why you are not allowed to offer some albums (labels) in High-Res for streaming.

reg.,

Bernhard

Very true, but we're not close to finishing getting more hi-res files or getting the proper agreements for rights to stream hi-res files. A task that will never end.

50 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

That is strange...While we do have some snippits until the tracks/albums are cleared, I have 1989 playing in full res with the full tune. https://open.qobuz.com/album/0060254706688

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 4.47.35 PM.png

There are three versions of 1989 available (see screenshot). The high resolution version is the one Soudiiz favorited, but that's the only one that won't stream of the three. Not the end of the world, the high res is only 24/44.1 and I'd be shocked if anything close to 16 bits of dynamic range is used on this recording. Plus, now I know to check for this if it happens again.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 4.41.09 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There are three versions of 1989 available (see screenshot). The high resolution version is the one Soudiiz favorited, but that's the only one that won't stream of the three. Not the end of the world, the high res is only 24/44.1 and I'd be shocked if anything close to 16 bits of dynamic range is used on this recording. Plus, now I know to check for this if it happens again.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 4.41.09 PM.png

Only 16 bits of dynamic range?! What are we ... in 1989?

oh wait... :D 

I'm still trying to figure out what this means???

S&V: What differentiates Qobuz from other music providers, especially Tidal?
DS: Qobuz, is more like Apple Music, if it were high-resolution. You can stream and download music. Unlike Apple and Tidal, Qobuz will be the first streaming platform in North America that offers true high-resolution music, up to 24/192. There’s no need for a special DAC or server. Qobuz “unfolds” resolutions from 16/44 to 24/192 on any computer or capable device from FLAC files.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

6 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

I'm still trying to figure out what this means???

S&V: What differentiates Qobuz from other music providers, especially Tidal?
DS: Qobuz, is more like Apple Music, if it were high-resolution. You can stream and download music. Unlike Apple and Tidal, Qobuz will be the first streaming platform in North America that offers true high-resolution music, up to 24/192. There’s no need for a special DAC or server. Qobuz “unfolds” resolutions from 16/44 to 24/192 on any computer or capable device from FLAC files.

I'm sure the reference to "unfolds" is tongue in cheek.  I've got the service and the resolution numbers are real, the downloads are ordinary everyday FLAC..

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.