IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

10 hours ago, curtpenn said:

Still confused about this. I have unlimited data so I stream music through my iPhone both at home to an Airport Express and mostly while in the car through Car Play (mostly because I prefer Waze for navigation and can only use it through Car Play). I believe Tidal also allows me to download and save to my iPhone, but I've never needed to use that since I have unlimited data streaming via cell phone.

I understand, actually we have only implement Car Play to local music, next step is to use streaming music.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

6 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

I don’t think that matters.  Simply login using your US credentials and you should be redirected to the US site.

nope. even deleted cookies etc.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

18 hours ago, firedog said:

I tried to sign up with my email address as instructed but the site insists on redirecting me to the French site.

Did that happen after you attempted to create a US beta account on this country-agnostic  "signup" page?

https://www.qobuz.com/signup

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

2 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

Did that happen after you attempted to create a US beta account on this country-agnostic  "signup" page?

https://www.qobuz.com/signup

Yes. Apparently there is something in their database that connects the two accounts. No matter what I do I get sent to the French pages. This includes after I've erased cookies, and even after I've used a computer and browser that have never been to the Qobuz site before.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

13 minutes ago, firedog said:

Yes. Apparently there is something in their database that connects the two accounts. No matter what I do I get sent to the French pages. This includes after I've erased cookies, and even after I've used a computer and browser that have never been to the Qobuz site before.

As I said before, login in to the Qobuz website with your France account and completely delete it using Qobuz's delete acvount feature.

It's down at the bottom of one of the pages in account configuration.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

Question...

When I open my personal Playlists in the QB desktop app it shows just album icons, no track list ...unless I click on an album.

When I go to my QB personal playlists in Roon it just shows a very, very long list of all of the tracks from all of the albums in that playlist. I can click on the album name to see just the information from just that one album but this way of doing things seems very bulky.

I looked for a "view" setting but did not find one. Does anyone know how to initially see just the album icons in for one's QB playlists in Roon or is this just the way it is?

I am still accessing my account through Great Britain, not the US beta.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

Okay, so I've now found that Qobuz has populated my Qobuz "favorites"  with some albums on it's own - there are things there that it is not possible I ever put them in my account. How do I prevent this? I haven't found a setting that would explain that behavior.

39 minutes ago, firedog said:

Okay, so I've now found that Qobuz has populated my Qobuz "favorites"  with some albums on it's own - there are things there that it is not possible I ever put them in my account. How do I prevent this? I haven't found a setting that would explain that behavior.

It was you when you were French and drinking a lot of wine.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

As I continue to experiment with the beta Q, I bought a CD via the Q store.  No problem at all: showed up in the IOS app on my I Phone, I down-loaded it, it plays fine.  But I now wonder how I access it outside of the app?  Normally I buy music on my pc and use JRiver, but can’t figure how to move this file, can’t even find it outside of the Q app.

Probably an IOS issue and not Q’s but thought I’d ask.

13 minutes ago, Hollypoint said:

As I continue to experiment with the beta Q, I bought a CD via the Q store.  No problem at all: showed up in the IOS app on my I Phone, I down-loaded it, it plays fine.  But I now wonder how I access it outside of the app?  Normally I buy music on my pc and use JRiver, but can’t figure how to move this file, can’t even find it outside of the Q app.

Probably an IOS issue and not Q’s but thought I’d ask.

You will have to use your computer and download the flac files there.

Thanks Jud,  That had me scratching my head as many answered like they understood what David was talking about.  LOL

On 1/24/2019 at 12:50 PM, Jud said:

Hi David - 

Just to avoid any future confusion (or possibly auto-"correct" errors) :) :

- Gender is male or female.

- Genre (no accent on the final e for us English speakers) is classical, blues, rock, etc.

On 1/24/2019 at 1:24 PM, David Craff said:

My bad, sorry

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Just now, Sal1950 said:

Thanks Jud,  That had me scratching my head as many answered like they understood what David was talking about.  LOL

Well, I believe in fact the word "gender" in English does come from "genre," so not odd that one would translate to the other.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

8 minutes ago, Jud said:

Well, I believe in fact the word "gender" in English does come from "genre," so not odd that one would translate to the other.

Well in a post OBama world, the definition of gender has been badly blurred  in any case, you never can be sure.  🤣

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

10 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

Well in a post OBama world, the definition of gender has been badly blurred  in any case, you never can be sure.  🤣

Phew! 

After being at the same medical facility for 15 years, January 2019, they officially asked what gender I identify as. 

Since Prescription medicine and dosages are often gender specific, I asked 

“What are my choices?” 

I, too wanted to ask about the genre/gender thing but feared the wrath of Twitter. 

5 hours ago, firedog said:

I believe that is a Roon thing. When I tried out Roon several years back it automatically populated my Tidal favorites based on my regular library and the existing Tidal favorites. It was a pain to delete some of them especially since the Room favorites were dups or included a version of an album that I didn't want (ie, the non-remastered or non-deluxe version).

Has anyone on the Beta noticed some major deficiencies in the Qobuz catalog especially when it comes to some Indie or underground rock/pop. Seems like they may not have signed deals yet with major American Indie labels like Matador, Merge and Kill Rock Stars since I can't find any of the label's music by some of their bigger names (ie, Pavement, Elliott Smith, Neutral Milk Hotel, Spoon etc). All of these are on Tidal and Spotify.  Just wondering if anyone knows (ie, Dave Craft Qobuz guy I've seen posting) if Qobuz will have some of these labels by the time the Beta (or my new 30 day trial) is up since it could impact my decision to switch over.

2 minutes ago, dmackta said:

@KenG The beta onboarding email specified that the catalog is not complete yet.

Most of the labels you mentioned are in the stuff we haven't ingested for the US yet -- overall it is premature to do any catalog comparisons. The ones you are looking for will be generally sorted out before we open to the public in the US. 

Excellent. Thanks for the response, Dan.

@firedog Hello The EXACT same thing happened to me( ie A+3 played Qobuz as did my iPadPro,but on my Mac Mini my playlists were there but TIDAL didn't work at all and all I got were snipits MP3 325 30 sec of music on Qobuz in ROON)). A number of other people had same problem if you go to the ROON support page-I got an immediate answer from ROON@noris@danny2 they suggested keeping ROON open and they would do diagnostics-then my Mac mini became very slow with continuous flywheel I rebooted and everything worked and when I thanked them they said ROON had nothing to do with it!! They thought perhaps Qobuz USA got overwhelmed with new BETA subscriptions. In any event ALL my TIDAL and Qobuz playlists I transferred to Soundiiz transferred to Qobuz USA(although not 100% of the TIDAL songs/albums in each playlist- but what the heck). The interesting thing is that the MQA music( and some non MQA) from TIDAL plays at HiRes 24/96 or 24/192 in Qobuz(I have a STUDIO account)- I think the SQ is better than the desktop app and A+3.

I wander also if my TIDAL playlists in TIDAL will remain if I ditch TIDAL??

And BTW the support person Eric at support Qobuz USA when he installed my BETA account changed my username from bobbmd to my full name and assigned me a new password all that was different from my French account which  worked perfectly on day#1 of the ROON integration.

I see your similar problem got resolved correct?

Also support was fantastic from both Eric and the head of marketing/media at Qobuz USA @dmackta and David Craff-my hat is off to them all and whole Qobuz team

bobbmd