IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Qobuz Beta has been pretty rock solid on my Auralic Aries G1 and iPhone X these past couple of weeks. I created a Tidal and Qobuz playlist. Identical tracks, Masters, Hi-Res, and FLAC.

Frankly its very close. Qobuz having perhaps having a tad smoother highs and fuller mids. But that's not on every track. Some Masters MQA tracks are still outstanding.

Still more listening to do. :)

9 hours ago, David Craff said:

We already offer 5.1 feeds but they are quite rare https://open.qobuz.com/album/3149020215661

WOW, Thanks for that reply David!  Great to hear you guys are already looking at multich. There's a ton multich music out there in classical and a small group in rock/jazz.  Hope to see your catalog grow over time!

9 hours ago, David Craff said:

Our objective is to be able to broadcast Qobuz on all types of audio outputs, whether directly or via a network connection

Your just full of good news today!!  I'd love to be able to connect to my Marantz PrePro the way I do with Spotify Connect. It's such a wonderful feature to be able to launch Spotify in any room in the house and play it over my system based in the media room.

Very much looking forward to the US launch.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

@left channelBTW did you see my post on the  email address for Qobuz support USA? I actually got a response from an Eric Benoit(in the USA) and from the new marketing/media director Dan Mackta telling me I am in the next batch of BETA subscribers and I will be able to transfer my playlists/favorites(will see about that part) using Soundiiz or maybe they will do it for me like they did for @TAV who got his BETA as a promo at a show

16 hours ago, bobbmd said:

Dan Mackta telling me I am in the next batch of BETA subscribers

Dang, there will be another Beta release.  😡

I was hoping we'd soon have a full public release.  :(

Don't understand what takes so long to offer a stream to the US that is already going out to much of the world?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Sal, have you ever taken time on a job you were doing to get it really right, only to have them ask what was taking so long? :) 

They've got one shot to make a good enough first impression in the largest streaming market in the world to possibly persuade people to leave what they're familiar with. That takes some doing.

I remember Tidal's USA entry prior to Jay Z's purchase when dropouts and hangups were the norm. It seemed like a year before they got it all sorted out. Some services such as Medici TV never get it right.

Until the official Qobuz intro, I'm quite content to wait. I was offered a Beta test slot which I declined. IDAGIO and SPOTIFY Premium and METOPERA on Demand are perfectly suitable until Qobuz USA make their official entry.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

4 hours ago, Jud said:

Sal, have you ever taken time on a job you were doing to get it really right, only to have them ask what was taking so long? :) 

They've got one shot to make a good enough first impression in the largest streaming market in the world to possibly persuade people to leave what they're familiar with. That takes some doing.

But to be fair: I know this is just because by gosh, you really wanna hear it now!  🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I've been happily streaming Tidal HiFi for about a year now and using it via Apple Car Play since last summer when I bought a new car. I spend almost 2 hours per day commuting, so integration into my car's sound system is probably my top priority - regardless of the whole MQA debate. I would consider switching to Qobuz if I could still control my playlists while driving through my steering wheel controls as I do now with Tidal and Car Play. Anyone have any experience with this?

I am using the Windows 64bit app, Qobuz Studio (US Beta trial), WASAPI exclusive mode set to output up to 24/192 in the app, and none of the classical albums I've tested so far have played gaplessly.  I don't see a special setting for enabling gapless.  Am I missing something in the setup or is this a known glitch in the app?

Other than this issue, I really like Qobuz so far.  I listen almost exclusively to classical music, and gapless playback is necessary for the bulk of what I like (it's essential for opera, for example).

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

I don’t have a problem with gapless  using Qobuz's Sublime+ - but I’m in the UK. Like you I listen mainly to classical. Usually I use the version of Qobuz integrated into my Linn streamer, but to be fair just recently I have been aware of a few mini-gaps using the iOS app. In general though, gapless was one of my reasons for preferring Qobuz to Tidal.

I got into the beta today. Very nice, I bought a sublime year. When will Qobuz come to Sonos here in the USA? I can’t get the Qobuz music service to show up inches Sonos App. The web makes it look easy to add it. I assume US Sonos will be updated soon?

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

On 1/22/2019 at 3:44 PM, left channel said:

Well, among many things: entirely different licensing rights, app content localization, local servers/network configuration, and local staffing. I have run companies in more than one country, and I have managed global product launches. Never again. 🙂

I believe it's more a legal issue than anything,  Technically, sites and files are transferred around the globe on a massive scale.

But it will be when it will be I guess.

4 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

I believe it's more a legal issue than anything,  Technically, sites and files are transferred around the globe on a massive scale.

But it will be when it will be I guess.

You BELIEVE it is a legal issue? Gosh, you were given the answer upthread, and legality was a part of it. What would you have them do, put themselves in jeopardy only to become a flash in the pan? I respect an organization that is looking to endure and works towards that end...

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz