IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, davidovada said:

this is odd...I always check on Friday morning for new releases. Through Audirvana+ there are several. On the Qobuz desktop app there are none(even after a reload). Does Audirvana tap into Qobuz via a different portal? 

EDIT: now the Qobuz app is showing way more new releases than Audirvana. Something to do with refresh times?

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

On 1/12/2019 at 10:28 PM, Em2016 said:

Hi @David Craff

With the death of Chromecast Audio, just wondering if Qobuz can work with Bluesound to have BluOS support 'Qobuz Connect'?

Qobuz appear to be oddly silent about their own current commitment to Qobuz Connect (at least on this thread), never mind working with other manufacturers on it.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

@kmp6156 that is the way I do it with the Apple Camera Kit(there is an article by Chris(founder of CA/AS) elsewhere months ago or in 2017 search for it

I use my iPhone 7 and my IPad Pro with an AudioQuest DragonFly Red DAC(never tried my Meridian Explorer2-probably does not work/'draws' too much power)

Just listen to downloaded playlists for TIDAL and Qobuz-never really looked at if it was MASTERS or HiFi on TIDAL or HiRes on Qobuz or CD 16/44(I have a Studio account)

Probably makes no difference the endpoint is the sound system in your car(mine are 2017 LR Discovery Sport with a meridian sound system not the high end one and 2018 Jeep grand cherokee with a very good sound system) BTW both my vehicles still have headphone jacks AND USB ports-I have tried both bluetooth and AUX both sound very good but both vehicles especially the LR interfaces are quirky to say the least

Hope this helps find that article by Chris! It was on May 21,2016 in General Forum just search 'Apple Camera Kit'

bobbmd

Hi @bobbmd thanks for your feedback.

I’m currently using the Apple Camera Kit, with an HRT microStreamer.

It’s been working well for Tidal, Deezer HiFi, and now Qobuz CD downloads.

However, since starting the Qobuz US Beta, also with a Studio account, my  issue has been trying to stream the Hi-Res tracks, not the CD versions.

Qobuz says if you use the headphone jack output of your DAC, it downgrades the stream to CD quality, even if you have the Hi-Res versions downloaded. All the portable DACs I’ve looked at have headphone jack outputs.

So, I guess I’m looking for a portable DAC that has a USB output.

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 hour ago, kmp6156 said:

Qobuz says if you use the headphone jack output of your DAC, it downgrades the stream to CD quality, even if you have the Hi-Res versions downloaded. All the portable DACs I’ve looked at have headphone jack outputs.

Wait. Where do they say that? Seems to me it's a full resolution analog output at that point. Does your car have an analog input jack?

As for the camera kit or other digital connections, assuming the Qobuz iOS app outputs Hi-Res via USB (it does not on Android; you need a third-party app for that), the problem is usually what your car's built-in system does with it from there. 

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

14 minutes ago, kmp6156 said:

I've attached a screenshot of the warning that pops up, if I select either the 92 or 196 Hi-Res download, on the iOS app.

Am I misunderstanding what it says?

Qobuz Screenshot.pdf

9 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

That message means that without the camera connection kit and USB into a compatible DAC, your phone will only output 16/44.

I don't think they mean to say you should avoid an audio jack output from an external DAC. But what exactly are they trying to say? That any headphone adapter with a built-in DAC will resample the output to 16/44.1?  The English is not a clear translation. Perhaps the original French is just as confusing, but poor translations often misuse "the".

15 hours ago, Peter Hyatt said:

Budget :  Mojo is terrific w Qobuz.  My wife & I both use it even though I have Hugo 2.  

Thanks, Peter.  Appreciate your thoughts, particularly that you’re using it over the ‘higher end’ Hugo 2.

Mojo is on my shortlist.

I’ve only hesitated because  it’s been around awhile and I wanted to see if there was more ‘current’ technology out there.

Also considering the iFi xDSD, due to its potential MQA compatibility, since I also use Tidal HiFi. 

In the end though, I’ll probably only keep one of the two services...

23 hours ago, left channel said:

I don't think they mean to say you should avoid an audio jack output from an external DAC. But what exactly are they trying to say? That any headphone adapter with a built-in DAC will resample the output to 16/44.1?  The English is not a clear translation. Perhaps the original French is just as confusing, but poor translations often misuse "the".

I literally do not know how to make this any more clear. They are saying that unless you use a digital output, your phone will only output 16/44. The camera connection kit uses USB (digital) and thus does not resample to 16/44.

No electron left behind.

15 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I literally do not know how to make this any more clear. They are saying that unless you use a digital output, your phone will only output 16/44. The camera connection kit uses USB (digital) and thus does not resample to 16/44.

The first sentence is clear enough. It's the second one that confused @kmp6156 and I find the language translation issue interesting ("the" vs. "le"). The phone does not output music via USB without some sort of DAC or headphone adapter with a built-in DAC, right?

4 hours ago, kmp6156 said:

Thanks, Peter.  Appreciate your thoughts, particularly that you’re using it over the ‘higher end’ Hugo 2.

Mojo is on my shortlist.

I’ve only hesitated because  it’s been around awhile and I wanted to see if there was more ‘current’ technology out there.

Also considering the iFi xDSD, due to its potential MQA compatibility, since I also use Tidal HiFi. 

In the end though, I’ll probably only keep one of the two services...

I think it’s wise to be time sensitive here. With this in mind, re-sale value may help. 

2 minutes ago, left channel said:

The phone does not output music via USB without some sort of DAC or headphone adapter with a built-in DAC, right?

Right, that is exactly what the camera connection kit does. it puts music out via USB so you can plug it into a DAC and get hi-res music out of it.

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

Right, that is exactly what the camera connection kit does. it puts music out via USB so you can plug it into a DAC and get hi-res music out of it.

I get that. Then the next sentence says "If you are directly using the jack audio output it will limit to a quality close to CD 16-bit / 44.1 kHz".  That sentence needs help, or better yet should be deleted. If you're not interested in translation and localization, fine, let's drop it but I'm having fun here.

@kmp6156@leftchannel@AudioDoctor: if one uses the Apple Camera Connector Kit the out put from the DAC one is using is either a headphone jack(AUX) or USB connection (which on my vehicles shows up as BlueTooth source)-does it really make any difference in a CAR/TRUCK if the stream is 16/44 24/96 or 24/192 probably all sounds the same unless one has 4000$ plus Meridian or Bose or whatever sound system in your vehicle-Ireally don’t understand the argument here-my Qobuz downloads from my iPadPro sound wonderful regardless which vehicle I use or what way I connect the DAC-it all sounds better than SiriusXM-even Deezer sounds better than SiriusXM!

bobbmd