IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, Taz777 said:

One more question if I may: how does offline mode work with Qobuz? It appears to be cache related.

One massive disadvantage I have with Tidal is that lack of offline mode on the desktop app and on (most) DAPs. I've held off buying a DAP due to this lack of offline mode provided natively within the player.

Would Qobuz provide a viable offline mode so I could listen to my playlists when I have no Internet connection (e.g. when I'm on a plane)?

The definition of viable may depend on the size of your playlists. Qobuz does offer offline listening for the Win and Mac apps, while matching Tidal offline listening on phones and tablets. YMMV with DAPs.

Yes, Qobuz offline tracks do download as part of the cache, but you may never need to think about that. In the desktop app just select "Import" in the context menu of an album, track, or playlist, and it will be added to your Offline Library.

I can imagine the cache filling up, but then all you'd need to do is go to the app's Music Playing settings to increase the cache size or clear it. Right now mine is set to the streaming "Comfort" preset of 30 GB, but it can be customized up to 100 GB. AFAIK there is no way to access these files without the app, which is as it should be; they are not purchased downloads.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

6 hours ago, left channel said:

But last time I checked there were only about 150,000 Masters tracks on Tidal vs. 2,000,000 Hi-Res tracks on Qobuz

I would be interested to lean about the way you arrived at those figures, especially on Tidal. On Tidal, are those 150,000 master tracks all MQA type ? How do you search for MQA on Tidal ?

Regards

On 1/2/2019 at 10:35 PM, Taz777 said:

Thanks to all those who replied to my question earlier comparing Qobuz with Tidal. One more question if I may: how does offline mode work with Qobuz? It appears to be cache related.

One massive disadvantage I have with Tidal is that lack of offline mode on the desktop app and on (most) DAPs. I've held off buying a DAP due to this lack of offline mode provided natively within the player.

Would Qobuz provide a viable offline mode so I could listen to my playlists when I have no Internet connection (e.g. when I'm on a plane)?

Offline mode works well for my iOS devices. You can chose to download as much as your memory allows at any resolution from MP3 to 24/192. My Dragonfly confirms that I’m getting 24/96 out of the IPhone with the lightning adapter.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, or my network is blocking traffic.  I have an Allo USBridge and DigiOne Signature.  I can happily play to both from Roon with zero issues.  (I know Roon uses its own protocol).  When I try to play to either with Qobuz I get nothing, the UI looks like it trying to play but nothing happens. Are there specific ports that need to be open from a Firewall perspective or anyone else have any bright ideas? I noticed I can't play to the devices using JRiver either, so I do wonder if it's DNLA port related.

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

I can stream Qoboz from a Pixel 2 to an Oppo BDP-105 attached to the router with an ethernet cable using the BubbleUPnP app. The problem is I lose the informative Qoboz GUI.

Is there some other way, short of purchasing a streamer that already has Qoboz built in like the Blusound node 2i, to allow me to use the Oppo in a similar manner while preserving the Qoboz GUI?

\"Damn it Chris! I\'m a doctor, not an engineer!\"

17 hours ago, tmitchmd said:

I can stream Qoboz from a Pixel 2 to an Oppo BDP-105 attached to the router with an ethernet cable using the BubbleUPnP app. The problem is I lose the informative Qoboz GUI.

Is there some other way, short of purchasing a streamer that already has Qoboz built in like the Blusound node 2i, to allow me to use the Oppo in a similar manner while preserving the Qoboz GUI?

I answered your question in another thread, but I notice here you mentioned Bluesound. You cannot use Qobuz apps with those products, and I don't believe the BluOS control apps pull text content from Qobuz. Bluesound appears briefly at about 8:07 in this video:

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

20 hours ago, tmitchmd said:

However, both the Qobuz Android app and BubbleUPnP app support Android's Share feature. This allows you to use the Qobuz app's UI to 'share' (ie, send) the link(s) of the track(s) you are viewing, to the BubbleUPnP app and get the OPPO to start playing the current playlist automatically built from the shared track link(s). Share is accessed on the Qobuz app's options menu, via the album's/playlist's/track's horizontal three dot options icon. The Share menu option is near the bottom of the list, so you'll need to scroll down to get to it.

380487555_QobuzShare1.thumb.png.4fd8f93647673c744f8d1490e05986d9.png

839877371_QobuzShare2.thumb.png.f342a72d1b0a83067a9b8b419546db81.png

1683376907_QobuzShare4.thumb.png.ae97630f43cb5385e3bb28df487006db.png

Be aware, though, it is a bit awkward to get used to (at first), as it does bring the BubbleUPnP app to the foreground & send the Qobuz app's UI to the background - meaning you need to use the Android Current Apps icon/button to get back to the Qobuz app to where you left off.  

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

21 hours ago, tmitchmd said:

As @left channel has mentioned, the Qobuz Android app supports Google Cast and the Bluesound device's don't, so the streamer you'd need to purchase would be a Google Cast streamer, such as the Chromecast Audio.

The Qobuz app is also supposed to control devices supporting Qobuz's own Qobuz Connect streaming mechanism:

logo-qobuz-connect.png    https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/applications#app-audio

However, I don't know of any streamers that support Qobuz Connect. Perhaps, @David Craff can confirm whether this is still the case and if he knows of any streamers that support Qobuz Connect?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Yo Mr Qobuz.

How about considering a 5.1 lossless stream for us multich guys?

TIA

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

59 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

Yo Mr Qobuz.

How about considering a 5.1 lossless stream for us multich guys?

TIA

As a Mennonite furniture maker I spoke to once said with a smile, "More changes get more money."   :) 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:02 PM, Peter Hyatt said:

Is there an estimate on how long the beta testing will continue for?

i don’t want my account disrupted!  

The sound & selection are on are the best these ears & eyes have experienced. 

When I signed up for the beta back in November I had to give a credit card and when the 30 day free trial was over my card started getting charged so I am now a permanent subscriber.

13 minutes ago, exdmd said:

When I signed up for the beta back in November I had to give a credit card and when the 30 day free trial was over my card started getting charged so I am now a permanent subscriber.

I will simply put mine in, therefore, to not lose the account.  Thanks for responding...I have not wanted this to end and will do the Sublime, as others have recommended, to obtain some of the hi res downloads at a solid discount.  

22 hours ago, Jud said:

As a Mennonite furniture maker I spoke to once said with a smile, "More changes get more money."   :) 

Similar to our favorite among custom car/motorcycle builders.

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go? 

No problem for lawyers in any case, they got plenty. ;)

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Google Chromecast Audio EOL

It seems Google is discontinuing Chromecast Audio. No official word from Google yet, but the guy is usually quite reliable.

Now it is clear why Chromecast Audio had little love from Google. No gapless all the way to the end.

For Qobuz this means that they will need a new default way to stream from portable devices to bricks and mortar hifi. Up to now (and currently still) that role was taken by Chromecast Audio.

I guess this would be the right time for Qobuz to get UPnP sorted out.

@David Craff any thoughts Qobuz might have on this?

Hi @David Craff

With the death of Chromecast Audio, just wondering if Qobuz can work with Bluesound to have BluOS support 'Qobuz Connect'?

I know Qobuz can be used inside the BluOS app but the "native" Qobuz app on iOS/Android/Mac/Windows  experience is so much better.

BluOS already supports Spotify Connect and Airplay 2 - so users can use the "native" Spotify app and native Apple Music app to play direct to the Bluesound gear, without having to use the BluOS app.

The Bluesound Node 2i supports 24/192 on digital outputs.

@left channel @TAV FYI the email address for Qobuz USA support is [email protected] this came from mark satlof at a media marketing company called shorefire based in LA but with an office in Brooklyn

I also tried contacting new marketing director at Qobuz USA Dan Mackta via Linkedin but haven't received an answer from either him or USA support ie how to get all my playlists/favorites/purchases  from my 'French' account to a new USA account without having to setup a new email address

Has anyone else except (I think)@TAV had success with doing this or had success contacting USA support? Anyone have a phone number for USA Qobuz?                                                                                        

this is odd...I always check on Friday morning for new releases. Through Audirvana+ there are several. On the Qobuz desktop app there are none(even after a reload). Does Audirvana tap into Qobuz via a different portal? 

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3