IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

13 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Here is an example of what I came across, which doesnt seem to be the problem in your case @mav52

Notice the album says it is 24/192, but it plays at 16/44

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 8.30.48 PM.png

Its what my dac is showing.   I saw hi-rez so I played it and it came back with 16/44, Tidal shows 24/96 for the same album,well with Tidal you never know what you are getting,

The Truth Is Out There

3 hours ago, austinpop said:

Ah - my apologies to you and @mav52. I misunderstood.

Just a parting thought... are you both registered in the same country? There could be (and are) differences in streaming rights from country to country.

How about reading my Profile.  Ah USA

The Truth Is Out There

Is anyone using Qobuz and Tidal HiFi? If so, which sounds better to you? Amarra Luxe now integrates with Qobuz so I'm wondering whether it would sound better than Tidal or not. As far as I know, you cannot evaluate the highest quality plan on Qobuz (unless I'm mistaken).

On 12/31/2018 at 6:12 PM, AudioDoctor said:

Did that help?

Jan 1st my special audio show code access to Qobuz  ended, So I got to start over. and now sign up for the beta free trial, BUT it notes service unavailable when I sign up, so unless you have been invited, ya can't use it. . . . Darn shame.

The Truth Is Out There

8 hours ago, Taz777 said:

Is anyone using Qobuz and Tidal HiFi? If so, which sounds better to you? Amarra Luxe now integrates with Qobuz so I'm wondering whether it would sound better than Tidal or not. As far as I know, you cannot evaluate the highest quality plan on Qobuz (unless I'm mistaken).

I subscribe to both: Qobuz Sublime+ (Hi-Res) and Tidal HiFi. The same track in the same resolution, such as a 24/192 fully unfolded Masters track and a 24/192 Hi-Res track, usually sound equally good if from the same master. But last time I checked there were only about 150,000 Masters tracks on Tidal vs. 2,000,000 Hi-Res tracks on Qobuz, so one often cannot make a direct one-to-one comparison.

If you tell us the genres you prefer, we can comment on back catalogs, new music presentation, and other areas. I too use third-party apps most of the time (LMS/Squeezebox at home, and UAPP on mobile), but some aspects carry over via the APIs. Some may not be as visible to you however, and I must say that based on the content in their app and website, the people at Qobuz are clearly passionate about music, and it's not just a business to them. 

Someone else mentioned performance, so I'll say that many of us entered 2018 experiencing frustrating problems on Tidal, including dropouts, buffering, and freezing. But by the end of the year that was going away on Tidal, while Qobuz was clearly experiencing growth pains in delivery and app development. By the time you sign up, those issues could be gone. If not, personally I can live with them for now. It's worth it for the music.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Thanks to all those who replied to my question earlier comparing Qobuz with Tidal. One more question if I may: how does offline mode work with Qobuz? It appears to be cache related.

One massive disadvantage I have with Tidal is that lack of offline mode on the desktop app and on (most) DAPs. I've held off buying a DAP due to this lack of offline mode provided natively within the player.

Would Qobuz provide a viable offline mode so I could listen to my playlists when I have no Internet connection (e.g. when I'm on a plane)?

I don't know about all devices, but with the Qobuz app on my phone I can download songs till my little heart is content and listen to them offline. I do this a lot on road trips, I download a bunch of songs on my home wifi rather than on the spotty cell coverage up north in the hinterlands of MN.

I have an iPhone.

No electron left behind.