IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

16 hours ago, austinpop said:

And thank you in turn for listening to our feedback!

I hope I speak for most of us when I say these feature requests are not criticisms, but stem from a desire for an already great service to be even better for our needs.

I'm agree with that and we'll try to meet your wishes

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

13 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi, nothing plan yet for appleTV, carplay will arrive soon

OK thanks, I'll continue to stream to the AppleTV via Airplay, but a tvOS sure would be convenient ?

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2020 / 16GB RAM / OSX Big Sur; Rockna Wavelight DAC; TDSS Level-3 upgraded NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers; 2 REL T/9i subwoofers; PS PowerPlant 3.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

Hi, nothing plan yet for appleTV, carplay will arrive soon

But CarPlay works like a charm with the new version since a few days!?

23 minutes ago, thyname said:

Can't wait for Qobuz to officially launch in US. My three month society trial (CEDIA code) expired.

Roon integration is a must. Please make it happen. Roon folks are very open to it, and say technically possible

My CEDIA code expired as well.  I discovered that if you connect to Qobuz with a mobile app (in my case IOS) you are able to add a month trail to the subscription.  Seems that since Apple is fulfilling the order, at their inflated prices,  it works.  I'm hoping that production Qobuz will launch within the month and so I immediately went in and cancelled the subscription.  Mine is now valid until mid January 2019.   Couldn't stand to loose my Qobuz fix ?

Qobuz - have they just nerfed support for squeezebox devices?

I use picoreplayer and lms and today ALL my titles in Qobuz , even purchased albums, are saying

”We’re sorry, this work is not available for streaming”

iphone app still working fine but I want Qobuz back on my home hifi now ! Paying the sublime+ for a reason and now it’s not working ?

12 hours ago, Stourmead said:

Qobuz - have they just nerfed support for squeezebox devices?

I use picoreplayer and lms and today ALL my titles in Qobuz , even purchased albums, are saying

”We’re sorry, this work is not available for streaming”

iphone app still working fine but I want Qobuz back on my home hifi now ! Paying the sublime+ for a reason and now it’s not working ?

The Qobuz plugin for LMS is working for me. Maybe a temporary glitch? 

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

I'm using iPeng on an iPad to control LMS/Squeezelite.  I see high res indicators on many albums now.  Does this indicate that the album streams in high res (with the appropriate subscription) or that you can buy the album in high res?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Yes on QOBUZ , the hi res indicator means it’s a 24bit recording, for stream/purchase. So for example you might see the same album listed twice, one without the hires denotation, and one with.

i find it easier to use the actual Qobuz app on my phone to favourite all the hires albums and then go into iPeng / favourites and the ‘right’ album version is there for me 

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist with the upcoming USA launch ...

I currently have an account in France.  I'm going to want to preview the USA service before I cancel my subscription in France, but I don't think I can have two Qobuz subscriptions associated with the same email address.  I really don't want to use a different email address for my Qobuz USA account.  How do I handle this?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 hours ago, rickca said:

I'm using iPeng on an iPad to control LMS/Squeezelite.  I see high res indicators on many albums now.  Does this indicate that the album streams in high res (with the appropriate subscription) or that you can buy the album in high res?

3 hours ago, Stourmead said:

Yes on QOBUZ , the hi res indicator means it’s a 24bit recording, for stream/purchase. So for example you might see the same album listed twice, one without the hires denotation, and one with.

i find it easier to use the actual Qobuz app on my phone to favourite all the hires albums and then go into iPeng / favourites and the ‘right’ album version is there for me 

Earlier in this thread it was confirmed that the official Qobuz desktop app will display the Hi-Res logo when an album is available for purchase in Hi-Res, even if it is not available for streaming in Hi-Res. I just tested the same album in LMS, and indeed although the meta data third-parties can grab hands them a "Hi-Res" tag, the album streamed at 943kbps which is CD-quality. Personally I have never encountered this difference in purchase vs. streaming rights with other music on Qobuz, and I suspect it is not a widespread problem. In the post I linked to here, @David Craff stated they are working on this.

1 hour ago, left channel said:

I just tested the same album in LMS, and indeed although the meta data third-parties can grab hands them a "Hi-Res" tag, the album streamed at 943kbps which is CD-quality.

Possibly, but Qobuz streams compressed FLAC for CD quality and above. Given that a FLAC file's bitrate depends on how easily its content was compressed (so is variable), your specific example of 943kbps actually falls towards the higher end of the typical bit rate for CD quality FLAC (~700 kbps) and could indicate a hi-res FLAC track if the content was particularly easily compressed and/or not 'very' hi-res (eg 24bit/44.1kHz or 24bit/48kHz) in the first place.

So the safer indication for a FLAC file being hi-res is its bit depth & sample rate, not its bitrate.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

I have recently upgraded my (France) sublime subscription to sublime +. Not quite out of free will, but because Qobuz is cancelling the sublime product and will only have Studio and sublime+ going forward, both of which are more expensive than sublime was. So I now have the pleasure of paying 50% more for my subscription. In return I can now stream hires albums in hires, without purchasing them first. So far so good.

Until I tried to stream 24/96 through my Google Chromecast Audio. Looking through this thread, the Chromecast issues at 96kHz seem to be a widely known issue. Gapless playback using Chromecast is also not possible (I know there are technical hurdles. They have been described in Qobuz' answers to customers' questions).

DLNA in the Qobuz app has been declared Beta. Ok.

Google Chromecast Audio has NOT. Customers expect Chromecast to work without issues.

It does seem strange to me that:

- Roon manages to stream to Google Chromecast Audio at 96kHz without issues and to stream gapless. Whatever Roon do in RoonCore to enable this, Qobuz would be able to do in the server that originates the Qobuz stream.

- Qobuz does neither, yet treats Chromecast like a fully supported endpoint. No indication on the website that there are issues. 

This really makes me feel like an RGU (revenue generating unit), not a customer. But I guess that is what we are increasingly becoming.

Can someone enlighten me, if there is a target date, by when the Google Chromecast Audio issues will be fixed? I cannot imagine this to be rocket science. After all, Roon can do it.

The issue would go away, if the integration of Qobuz into Roon would finally become a reality. Instead the integration has become a constantly moving phantom.

Pity.

32 minutes ago, jacobacci said:

I have recently upgraded my (France) sublime subscription to sublime +. Not quite out of free will, but because Qobuz is cancelling the sublime product and will only have Studio and sublime+ going forward, both of which are more expensive than sublime was. So I now have the pleasure of paying 50% more for my subscription. In return I can now stream hires albums in hires, without purchasing them first. So far so good.

Until I tried to stream 24/96 through my Google Chromecast Audio. Looking through this thread, the Chromecast issues at 96kHz seem to be a widely known issue. Gapless playback using Chromecast is also not possible (I know there are technical hurdles. They have been described in Qobuz' answers to customers' questions).

DLNA in the Qobuz app has been declared Beta. Ok.

Google Chromecast Audio has NOT. Customers expect Chromecast to work without issues.

It does seem strange to me that:

- Roon manages to stream to Google Chromecast Audio at 96kHz without issues and to stream gapless. Whatever Roon do in RoonCore to enable this, Qobuz would be able to do in the server that originates the Qobuz stream.

- Qobuz does neither, yet treats Chromecast like a fully supported endpoint. No indication on the website that there are issues. 

This really makes me feel like an RGU (revenue generating unit), not a customer. But I guess that is what we are increasingly becoming.

Can someone enlighten me, if there is a target date, by when the Google Chromecast Audio issues will be fixed? I cannot imagine this to be rocket science. After all, Roon can do it.

The issue would go away, if the integration of Qobuz into Roon would finally become a reality. Instead the integration has become a constantly moving phantom.

Pity.

Chromecast Audio. You get what you pay for. ‘Nuf said

8 hours ago, thyname said:

Chromecast Audio. You get what you pay for. ‘Nuf said

While I agree with you that Chromecast Audio is anything but high end, unfortunately Qobuz has made it the official (and only) way of streaming from a tablet or phone (DLNA has been relegated to Beta because of its major issues). 

So the average Joe is pretty much stuck with it.

My question is not so much to Google, but to Qobuz.

I'd be more than happy if Qobuz had another way to stream from their app to a device not connected directly. Fixing DLNA would be one (easy) way to resolve this (Bubbleguuum can do gapless DLNA, why not Qobuz).

20 hours ago, left channel said:

Earlier in this thread it was confirmed that the official Qobuz desktop app will display the Hi-Res logo when an album is available for purchase in Hi-Res, even if it is not available for streaming in Hi-Res. I just tested the same album in LMS, and indeed although the meta data third-parties can grab hands them a "Hi-Res" tag, the album streamed at 943kbps which is CD-quality. Personally I have never encountered this difference in purchase vs. streaming rights with other music on Qobuz, and I suspect it is not a widespread problem. In the post I linked to here, @David Craff stated they are working on this.

For information; Qobuz Desktop use Qobuz API (Web Service) to get content. Every applications using Qobuz are using the Qobuz API and of course have this issue.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Anyone managed to get Qobuz to stream to an Allo DigiOne Signature (running Dietpi)? I just get transport errors. I realize it's still Beta, just wondered if anyone has gotten it working. 

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

18 minutes ago, dmormerod said:

Anyone managed to get Qobuz to stream to an Allo DigiOne Signature (running Dietpi)? I just get transport errors. I realize it's still Beta, just wondered if anyone has gotten it working. 

Many are successfully streaming Qobuz on Allo boxes by running Squeezelite in DietPi, with LMS and the Qobuz plugin on a PC (perhaps also running DietPi) or on an NAS.

20 hours ago, left channel said:

@Cebolla when I stream Hi-Res files from Qobuz, I see more like 3000 kbps for 96k and 6000 kbps for 192k. Even 24/44.1 is well above 1400. That's the only indication we get in the LMS client, and I normally use a Schiit Modi 2U DAC on my desktop, but to confirm and make our favorite onion happy I inserted my Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital with a front display.

For the above Santigold track the Pro-Ject indicated 44.1 for that 943 kbps stream. I then went to new releases, and played a Decemberists Hi-Res 24/44.1 track. The DAC, unable to show bit depth, displayed 44.1 while the LMS client reported 1666 kbps. Then I played a Van Morrison track at 96k and 3018 kpbs. Then a Depeche Mode track at 192k and 5970 kbps. OK?

Thinking about it, just mentioning what tracks you were referring to in the first place would have done - though thanks for going through all that effort!

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

8 hours ago, jacobacci said:

While I agree with you that Chromecast Audio is anything but high end, unfortunately Qobuz has made it the official (and only) way of streaming from a tablet or phone (DLNA has been relegated to Beta because of its major issues). 

So the average Joe is pretty much stuck with it.

My question is not so much to Google, but to Qobuz.

I'd be more than happy if Qobuz had another way to stream from their app to a device not connected directly. Fixing DLNA would be one (easy) way to resolve this (Bubbleguuum can do gapless DLNA, why not Qobuz).

Ironically, @bubbleguuum's Chromecast supporting apps don't get them to play gaplessly like the Qobuz app, though he has said he may look into providing a gapless 'helper' for Chromecast in the BubbleUPnP Server. It's not such an easy task as you might think - see:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/29829-gapless-playback-with-cca-from-android-app-hi-fi-cast/?do=findComment&comment=599044

On 11/16/2016 at 7:21 PM, bubbleguuum said:

Well, I already though about it (in BubbleUPnP Server) but dismissed the idea at the time as it is not exactly trivial.

I may look into it again as it would be cool to have.

All that is needed is to implement SetNextAVTransportURI for the UPnP Chromecast renderer implementation in BubbleUPnP Server.

Easier said than done :P.

OpenHome'd Chromecast backed by the UPnP AV renderer would automatically benefit from it, and be gapless.

And it could even make its way to Android BubbleUPnP because the UPnP Chromecast bridge already runs on it, although not many get to see it because it is disabled on devices with Google Play Services installed (as regular cast APIs are used instead).

and:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/29829-gapless-playback-with-cca-from-android-app-hi-fi-cast/?do=findComment&comment=599597

On 11/18/2016 at 3:32 PM, bubbleguuum said:

having gapless supported on the receiver side in a standard way (eg on the standard receiver made by Google) would make it easy for app developers to take advantage of it for ubiquitous and easy gapless playback.

Having the controlling software send a continous stream (such as HiFi Cast) is *not* an easy solution for developers, although it is the only one possible for now. And it has some drawbacks such as requiring the device generating the continuous stream running , and using more battery if playing FLAC or whatever format that must be decoded to PCM (not a problem on a desktop computer or NAS).

There is hope that at some point html5 Media Source Extensions (MSE) will support FLAC decoding, allowing to make a gapless FLAC receiver running on the Chromecast. But writing such receiver will not be trivial, if at all possible. Google doesn't give a shit about gapless as long as Google Play Music mp3's can somewhat be played gaplessly (MSE supports mp3 and it is believed Google used it for their Google Music receiver). Amusingly, Android has such easy to use API for developers to play music gaplessly.

-- Jo Cox