IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

3. 16/44.1: this is the key. Is this downconverted from 24/96, or is this the label's 16/44.1?

Good point. Pasting the link in the BubbleUPnP Android app's Playlist page, via the Add stream URL function,  displays the tracks as 24/96kHz, even with the Qobuz Studio account's audio quality restricted to 16/44.1kHz in the BubbleUPnP Android app's settings and so the being played at 16/44.1kHz.

So are the track streams being downsampled from the 24/96kHz hi-res source by the Qobuz online server or are they being provided from a true 16/44.1kHz source?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

4 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hello this problem happened with the latest version of the Chromecast firmware launched by Google.

We are in discussion with Google to find a solution. The problem is present when listening to a file in FLAC format.

While waiting for a correction, I invite you to force MP3 playback on a Chromecast.

Regards

Is this just an issue with iOS Google Cast SDK using apps and/or third party Chromecast supporting hardware, such as the Naim Uniti Nova, with the latest Chromecast firmware?

Google's own Chromecast Audio devices are currently playing correctly with Cast firmware version 1.35.137090 (albeit with the expected lack of gapless playback support) when used with the Android version of the Qobuz app.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

14 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Is this just an issue with iOS Google Cast SDK using apps and/or third party Chromecast supporting hardware, such as the Naim Uniti Nova, with the latest Chromecast firmware?

Google's own Chromecast Audio devices are currently playing correctly with Cast firmware version 1.35.137090 (albeit with the expected lack of gapless playback support) when used with the Android version of the Qobuz app.

The problem are on all chromecast vidéo with last firmware, the audio still work well. For third party Chromecast, it depends is they have the lastest  firmware and is this one meet chromecast vidéo or chromecast audio.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Appreciate your coming here to offer straightforward replies, David.  As you can tell, anticipation was already high without the potential of receiving Qobuz as a Christmas gift.  Though I may be in the (vocal) minority on certain aspects of this release.  Time spent making your service operate as it should from day one is bound to be appreciated by everyone. 

Fully expect you will maintain the conditions of a closed beta.  Though I'm unaware of those under which numerous industry affiliated persons were granted access earlier this year.  The existence of a formal trial launch is reassuring in the utmost.  I'm confident others given towards contemplating what would require this step will view it in a very similar light.  

As @christopher3393 would say, Ah, la vache!

5 hours ago, David Craff said:

This is not quite ready but will be soon. The launch will initially be carried out in closed beta.

Who gets to participate in the closed beta?  I have had an account in France for more than 3 years, but I live in USA so I think I'd be a good candidate.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

7 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

This is not quite ready but will be soon. The launch will initially be carried out in closed beta.

Regards

Any details on the closed beta?  Expected beta duration,  beta open to whom? 

Hope the general rollout is smooth and soon,  I've been using a Society account and overall pleased with a few minor criticisms.  Eagerly awaiting Roon integration as well. 

17 minutes ago, TAV said:

Any details on the closed beta?  Expected beta duration,  beta open to whom? 

Hope the general rollout is smooth and soon,  I've been using a Society account and overall pleased with a few minor criticisms.  Eagerly awaiting Roon integration as well. 

Sorry I have no more details to communicate about that.

On 11/5/2018 at 1:49 PM, beajuju said:

@David Craff  I use Chromecast with my Qobuz iOS app (OS 12.1 and iPhone XS) but since a few months each track in an album seems to glitch by repeating from the start after 2-3 seconds of playback on my Naim Uniti Nova.  No idea if it's a Naim or Qobuz issue but it's beyond frustrating. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi, can you give me the firmware version of your Chromecast and the type of chromecast  (vidéo, audio, google home with generation) ? You can find it with the app Google Home by clicking on the "Parameter icon" (https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7124014?hl=en)

If someone else have  the problem, that can be help us with google.

Regards

17 hours ago, austinpop said:

Thanks for providing this insight into your process. So the key takeaways I got are:

1. Always prefer (use) the label-supplied version, if available, for a given sample rate
    • exception - MP3 is always generated by you from the CD version (which in turn could be label-supplied, or generated by you from high-res)
  2. Never upsample
  3. Fill in gaps at lower sample rates by down converting.
  4. Conversions done with dBpoweramp.

We really appreciate this information!

Well done this is correct :)

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi, can you give me the firmware version of your Chromecast and the type of chromecast  (vidéo, audio, google home with generation) ? You can find it with the app Google Home by clicking on the "Parameter icon" (https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7124014?hl=en)

If someone else have  the problem, that can be help us with google.

Regards

Hi @David Craff,

A big thank you for your interest. I subscribed to Qobuz Sublime +. My goal is to stream in Hi Res to my Naim Uniti Nova. As the DLNA function is in beta format and I want to enjoy your app with it's booklets, my only option is Chromecast. What's annoying is that Qobuz is promoting its partnership with Naim by mentioning the Chromecast feature ... that does not work properly in the Qobuz appiOS 12. I hope your team can fix it in the of an upcoming update.The internalsoftware of Naim Uniti Nova indicates Chromecast buit-in version 1.21.75965. Thank you again, it is very appreciated!

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.