Official Qobuz Issues Thread

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/5/2019 at 2:43 AM, David Craff said:

Hi

Sorry I have no update about this?

Regards

Hello David

I understand the Canadian release is not imminent but it would be far more helpful if your website allowed potential future customers access to the site to review selection and terms rather than the large lettered banner stating (as per screenshot below) denying access.

Cheers

824185748_ScreenShot2019-10-19at12_29_37PM.thumb.png.e7946ad88bc5d1328e079453759f6bb3.png

"

3 hours ago, jcn3 said:

if they don't have any distribution agreements in place, then they wouldn't have a selection to show . . . .

wasn’t an appeal to authority (but thanks for the explanation of the obvious) and is simply a comment directed to Qobuz.   A view of any current offering, whether US or EU, would give non-users a sense of and feel for the scale of their catalogue and curation.

Impatiently awaiting the Canadian open.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@David Craff

Asked this question of you in a few pages back, and also many pages ago, but was unanswered...as we in Canada have no way to log into the Qobuz web page since the region restrictions give us the silly and patronizing message...it appears you logging in from a country, etc.....would you please advise if Qobuz has any intention of offering your service in Canada and, if so, at what timeline.  

Long ago, you posted that it would be six to eight weeks following the US release but this has proved to be laughable so I am just seeking some timeline.

As a former owner of the French produced Devialet, an amazingly wonderful musical piece of gear, I am used to the very unique and binary French notion of customer service:

positive: a gallic shrug 

negative: indifference (and possible raised middle finger)

So I ask again, to you the North American representative for Qobuz, kindly respond with some thoughtful statement as to a timelime....if you're planning the gallic shrug....forgettaboutit....

1 hour ago, jcn3 said:

I think you'd have better luck if you tagged him properly. It should look like this: @wdw.

This is not a Qobuz sponsored thread (note that Chris started it), so David doesn't have an obligation to check this thread.

Tried to tag his name but am a novice so it posted as shown...here we go  @David Craff

To your comments above, it is obvious this is not a sponsored thread but post the question for my benefit and for the many other Canadians who may be interested in the reply.  

If I attempt to log into Qobuz I get a large static image and the note, in big letters,;

"Qobuz isn't available in your country.  If yo wish to be notified.....when...etc...etc)".  

Hence my question on this thread.  

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, David Craff said:

lol...

This is only for direct chat because we do not have enough people to answer all user message.

David,

What's the over/under on whether I will hear from your support staff (in response to my request) when they are back at their desks on Tuesday?  

Bets anyone?

W

• 2 months later...

OK, I give up...Tried the 60 days and now on board with Sublime yearly...thinking I'd like to purchase some tunes before we lurch into the coming zombie apocalypse...climate change, JFK Jr., the GOP, etc but am baffled how one makes a purchase.  Using the MAC OS app I cannot locate a download link (the MAC OS app is snafu at best) and while the iOS is far better but still seems to be missing an obvious link to make any purchase...need some help on this one.  What device and where to find the link...I know. a dummy!

Thanks, in advance

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Please don’t tell me purchasing isn’t allowed in Canada!

Wouldn't be surprised...remember Pat Robertson referred to us as Soviet Canuckistan and I'm certain our government is insisting on more Canadian content (more Celine Dion if at all possible) but still just wondering where the link is to simply purchase some music....

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Can you buy it from the website using your account?

Must be a complete dummy but logged in to the Qobuz app on my Mac and on my iPad, looking at Black Acid Soul (thanks for your recommend) but don't see any opportunity to purchase a download...have easily added it to my library but no ability to purchase.  Joined into Sublime after a 60 day trial so perhaps this is just a short delay but wonder what your screen shows as a link for purchases...had assumed my 60 day trial allowed purchases although not at the Sublime discount.

21 minutes ago, wdw said:

Must be a complete dummy but logged in to the Qobuz app on my Mac and on my iPad, looking at Black Acid Soul (thanks for your recommend) but don't see any opportunity to purchase a download...have easily added it to my library but no ability to purchase.  Joined into Sublime after a 60 day trial so perhaps this is just a short delay but wonder what your screen shows as a link for purchases...had assumed my 60 day trial allowed purchases although not at the Sublime discount.

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist

Hello David need some assistance on the issue described above.  Thanks, W

24 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 8.16.36 PM.png

Ok, how would I ever know that a purse symbol was the key to a purchase (quite French IMHO) ... no chauvinism intended here as I have a murse....but my thanks for this.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

We are aware of this and working to fix it asap.

Regards

Just bought a Van Morrison album and cannot download it at all...keeps cycling to "download your order" from the email link after purchase to a dead window in your "Qobuz Downloader"....nothing I do will invoke a download.....WTF !!  Trying for a FLAC album.  Can do a track by track download but the file names are silly and require far too much editing.

Is there any other software other than the the Qobuz Downloader that can be used...

Note: I have never had any issues with downloads from Prostudiomasters nor HDTracks nor eClassical nor Presto Music but ...?

Have waited a couple of years for the release in Canada so had naively assumed you had figured this very simple stuff out by now.

45 minutes ago, wdw said:

Just bought a Van Morrison album and cannot download it at all...keeps cycling to "download your order" from the email link after purchase to a dead window in your "Qobuz Downloader"....nothing I do will invoke a download.....WTF !!  Trying for a FLAC album.  Can do a track by track download but the file names are silly and require far too much editing.

Is there any other software other than the the Qobuz Downloader that can be used...

Note: I have never had any issues with downloads from Prostudiomasters nor HDTracks nor eClassical nor Presto Music but ...?

Have waited a couple of years for the release in Canada so had naively assumed you had figured this very simple stuff out by now.

OK, found a work around to initialize the download...reselect the storage location (the same location) in the Settings, Application, Storage Location menu on the qobuz downloader then it happens...buggy

15 hours ago, David Craff said:

Thanks for that I will check it asap.

Regards

Hello David, I was the one who gave you that unnecessary snarky comment a few pages back so hope to be forgiven...just want to say Qobuz is just a joy.  Had to wait (too long) for the Canadian release but are we are delighted.   

• pabl0b changed the title to Qobuz issues with Marantz Model 40n

Recent member and have Sublime with the intent to listen to music but also download some favs.  Qobuz accepted our Visa for the year long membership and for the following four download purchases but is now, inexplicably, refusing payment from two cards we have, both of which have a generous credit limit and a zero balance.  

Cards work everywhere so wondering if anyone is also has had this issue.  

Thanks in advance.  
I do realize these cross border Visa transactions can be problematic but simply question if Qobuz can have a look to see if their transaction house is a tad paranoid.

Often order from the EU (eClassical for one) without any concern nor problems so WTF!!!!!

Mon dieu!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 4:24 PM, wdw said:

Recent member and have Sublime with the intent to listen to music but also download some favs.  Qobuz accepted our Visa for the year long membership and for the following four download purchases but is now, inexplicably, refusing payment from two cards we have, both of which have a generous credit limit and a zero balance.  

Cards work everywhere so wondering if anyone is also has had this issue.  

Thanks in advance.  
I do realize these cross border Visa transactions can be problematic but simply question if Qobuz can have a look to see if their transaction house is a tad paranoid.

Often order from the EU (eClassical for one) without any concern nor problems so WTF!!!!!

Mon dieu!!!!

Want to bump this...it's been four weeks since contacting Qobuz on this issue and nothing positive has been done to resolve the issue.  I have been advised that

"...seems that Checkout is blocking our US customers for no good reason.  We'll take a look at your case, but at worst we'll be able to add you to a whitelist, which should solve the problem..."

so it appears there are others facing the same issue.  Support from Qobuz, one this issue, is abysmal.  I seriously question if anything is being done.  If their credit authorization system is denying valid customers purchases it is time for them to employ a differing credit system.  

They make reference to a 3DS authorization protocol but my bank is baffled by this and claims to know nothing about it.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, why is the latest issue "DIdo and Aeneas" by La Nona Musica shown to be available and allows you to "add to library" but once doing so not playable with each track listed as unavailable...huh?

Also still waiting for a resolution to the paid download issue, now into six weeks but I guess it is...?

I enjoy Qobuz completely but wondering about these things like the two listed above.  By your own writing to me,  your credit security system is not allowing payments from NA so I would only assume this should be a significant issue to Qobuz but…?

14 hours ago, RichardSF said:

Possibly the album hasn't been released yet. The Pentatone website shows the album release date as 22 September 2023, but Qobuz thinks the release date is 1 September 2023.

Edit: Pentatone's announcement of the album

https://www.pentatonemusic.com/lnm-and-david-bates-present-dido-aeneas-purcells-most-widely-admired-work/

says:

Digital Release Date: 22 SEPTEMBER 2023

Physical Release: SEPTEMBER 2023

Thanks for this...that explains it.  This was offered as a download sale item about a week ago but due to the payments issues described earlier in this thread couldn't complete the transaction.