IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

I’m in UK.

Lack of integration with Roon etc  is a barrier to adoption  for me, although I understand Bryston may be enabling Quobuz integration on the BDP.

Just looked at the shop.  What level of % discount do you get on downloads with Sublime+?

And is this the case both for HiRes and RBCD downloads?

9 hours ago, Cebolla said:

The Bryston BDP has a UPnP renderer setting that already allows it to be integrated with Qobuz

Thanks, I‘ve not been impressed by UPnP in the past.   I’d be looking for  Roon integration or direct integration with the BDP before I’d consider moving from Tidal.

• 11 months later...
On 11/11/2019 at 12:58 AM, PAR said:

If you do not like paying that surcharge then the problem lies with your government and not Qobuz.

Disingenuous at best.

$14.99 US price equates to £11.98 at current rates.  Add 20% VAT makes £14.38, but UK price for Studio is £24.99.

I’m ready to sign up once Qobuz can offer me Studio for < £15.

• 2 months later...

I’m midway through my trial month with Qobuz Studio.

I have a Bryston BDP1, which I understood that Bryston had limited to 16/44 when playing  Qobuz directly (as opposed to via Roon)

However, my 24/96 Qobuz favourites play fine and show as 96:24 in the Bryston Media Player pane (with appropriate bitrate) and as 96 on my DAC readout.  

Obviously I’m not complaining, but good to hear  from other users who can confirm the same and/or explain.  (Already enquired on Audiocircle but without reply so far).

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I’m a big fan of classical material on both the CPO and Exton labels. However, unlike BIS or Chandos, most if not all of those CPO and Exton albums that were originally released as SACDs appear on Qobuz only as 16/44.  Assuming these were recorded as DSD or high rate PCM, any chance of upgrading them to 24/96, transfered  from the master or at least from the DSD distribution files?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, PAR said:

I wouldn't make any assumption about original recording formats. There is no provenance available not even an equivalent to the CD SPARS code. The vast majority of SACDs do not have a DSD source and , sadly, sometimes not even a hi-rez one.

Qobuz does not have any rights to remaster recordings and they have no access to the master tapes or files . They can only stream or sell what the record labels send to them. So your question about improved formats really needs to be addressed to CPO or  Exton themselves.

My query was addressed to Qobuz, so unless you are a representative of Qobuz your reply is neither helpful or relevant (of course if you are a representative of Qobuz then your reply is just the former of these). In the case of both these labels the original recordings for the SACD releases I have in mind were made in either DSD or hi res PCM and I was thus asking  that Qobuz source 24/96 or 24/192 material from the label, instead of 16/44 if possible.

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Norton, please keep in mind people are only trying to help and doing so by giving their valuable free time. 

Chris, hands up my tone was perhaps rather sharp, but I thought I was addressing Qobuz in an official thread and didn’t find it helpful to have another user (as I saw it) butting in with assumptions and undermining a legitimate and respectful request to Qobuz.

On the civility front, there’s nothing in my post that was ad hominem, the subject of my sentence  concerns the response, not the person.  It’s kind of ironic though that I am being called out for civility by members who think nothing of using language like “the big  finger” and “FU” (now deleted but still emailed to me) and to whom you apparently give a free pass to so conduct themselves.

• 2 years later...