IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

So even though Qobuz is now open to the Public in the US, it's still in beta.  I believe that also means the catalog is still incomplete?  When do you expect it to be out of beta?

My beta trial is set to expire in 2 days and I don't feel great about pay $25 for an incomplete service.  It also means I need to keep my Tidal account going until Qobuz is out of beta so I can transfer the remaining albums over.  I was kind of hoping today would be the official launch.  It's more like a soft opening.

2 hours ago, dmackta said:

@iamoneagain With tens of thousands of new tracks being commercially released every week, what does it mean for a catalog to be complete? 🙂

Catalog is not a factor in the beta designation...there are some improvements to the apps that we want to make happen before we eliminate it.

Are there specific labels you are not seeing available for streaming right now? We are in the process of ingesting over 14 million more independent label tracks but it could take a few months to get them all live on the service. 

Well there was a Qobuz employee saying that once out of beta, all the catalog would be available. Also when signed up for beta it warned the catalog not completed. 

I notice there is no Howard Jones available at all. Latest Bob Mould not there. Cat Power doesn’t have much back catalog. When ran Soundliz this morning there were still tons of albums not found. I was assuming this would improve once service officially launch.  See many MQA titles that are not in hi-res in Qobuz. 

I love the sound quality and really don’t want to drop service but just disappointed in catalog. I was planning of keep Tidal for one month overlap. Hopefully I see some improvement by end of next month. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to ask about catelog again too. I see a lot of people choosing to stick with Tidal because not willing to wait for catelog to complete. We were also told conflicting information that once beta was done full catelog would be there. Then catelog had nothing to do with beta status. 

I’m going to stick with it just because sound quality is a jump up and I do have hope Qobuz catelog will fill in. Only real improvement I’ve noticed with Beggar’s group of labels showing up. This was a big one for me but still finding artists like Elliott Smith mostly missing and my playlists missing over 25% of their tracks compared to Tidal. Also find some MQA are either not in hires or that MQA has it as 192k and Qobuz only at 96k. Not that big of deal because thing 96k hires still better than 192k MQA. 

The other factor not getting catelog loaded in time is Tidal now has MQA on iPhones and android phones. So people might stick with that as well. 

Hoping we can get a clear timeline of when the full catelog will be available otherwise some will just think Qobuz sticks with only mainstream artists.