IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

@rickca: same with me but for 5years or longer my ‘French’ address is  Oneida, New France(which is what the Northeast would have called if the French had won on the Plains of Abraham)-I worry about changing to USA subscription(even though it would be less expensive than paying in euros) and have it be ‘different’ in some way ie albums artists etc and will my extensive playlists transfer AND what will happen to my A+3 format will that change? I personally find the search function/new releases/genres etc on A+3 better than the Qobuz app ie playlists editor picks most streamed  etc-would that change? And what is this new symbol for the desktop app a black phonograph album with a tone arm-what does it mean thanks bobbmd

@The Computer Audiophile @david..Qobuz etc

just to let you and all that Soundiiz TIDAL to Qobuz is back for transferring... I have transferred all my 166 playlists from TIDAL-they show up completely with varying degrees of completeness on BOTH the Qobuz desktop app(new one) and on A+3 in A+3- using my Meridian Explorer 2 DAC I get 3 white lights and A+3 says '24/176' or '24/192' for my MQA playlists and on my pre multibit Gungnir as 192 for everything- sound is great equally- Deezer(?hires) sounds great -Spotify somewhat less but what a difference from the TIDAL desktop and I don't have to put up all that hiphop stuff

I have had Qobuz(in the USA) since 2013 or earlier and with A+3 sound quality separation etc is just great even better than Qobuz desktop if only ROON integrates with Qobuz... which is hands down the best but only offers TIDAL

bobbmd

@Fridolin What is wrong about that approach-I have had Qobuz in the USA since 2013 or so and that approach to an artist like Leonard is half the fun... I for one love covers of artists songs and albums that is how I discovered Barb Jungr covering not only Leonard but Waits Dylan and others! Enjoy the format and enjoy the many different European artists not found on TIDAL or readily available in USA- I even found Won-Ton-Ton an obscure Belgium female group(Bea Van Der Maat) with a very DARK album called 'HOME' with some very very dark songs on Qobuz and loved it! I type in record labels and get great results like the Bear Family from Germany and their great collections of Johnny Cash and others even though I have their collections on LP and CD-so much easier to just stream the music especially in CD quality.

bobbmd

• 2 weeks later...

@David Craff: Hello- I have had Qobuz since 2013 and I love it!

Today when I turned on A+3 only the Qobuz symbol/logo came up no 'Discover'  'Favorites' etc came up My Playlists were there all listed below the Qobuz logo(and they play) that I have made and the ones I transferred from TIDAL-yet when I go to my Qobuz desktop app Qobuz is there and plays-I am listening now

In A+3 preferences 'streaming' it shows my Qobuz account that I have Streaming HiFI in CD lossless and FLAC

Do you think this an A+3 problem or something else related to Qobuz streaming to A+3?

I have never had this problem before in last 5 years since starting Qobuz and A+3.My account is current and I have A+3 version 3.2.10(31410) which is most up to date version and my OS is El Capitan- please help if you can

Thank You

bobbmd

@David Craff: Problem solved by Jud- all I had to do in A+3 preferences was log off Qobuz and log back in 'streaming' (it is a good thing I remembered my password)!

One thing- I really like in A+3 the old format on Qobuz of 'new releases' 'Qobuz playlists' 'most streamed' 'best sellers' 'editors picks' and 'press awards' than what is offered under the new desktop app with the vinyl and tone arm- I bet others like that better- in addition A+3 to me sounds 'better' maybe because A+3 plays 'up' from  FLAC 16/44.1 to my Merdian Explorer 2 in 24/176.4 and on my pre-multibit Schiit Gungnir to 24/192

bobbmd

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@left channel @TAV FYI the email address for Qobuz USA support is [email protected] this came from mark satlof at a media marketing company called shorefire based in LA but with an office in Brooklyn

I also tried contacting new marketing director at Qobuz USA Dan Mackta via Linkedin but haven't received an answer from either him or USA support ie how to get all my playlists/favorites/purchases  from my 'French' account to a new USA account without having to setup a new email address

Has anyone else except (I think)@TAV had success with doing this or had success contacting USA support? Anyone have a phone number for USA Qobuz?                                                                                        

@kmp6156 that is the way I do it with the Apple Camera Kit(there is an article by Chris(founder of CA/AS) elsewhere months ago or in 2017 search for it

I use my iPhone 7 and my IPad Pro with an AudioQuest DragonFly Red DAC(never tried my Meridian Explorer2-probably does not work/'draws' too much power)

Just listen to downloaded playlists for TIDAL and Qobuz-never really looked at if it was MASTERS or HiFi on TIDAL or HiRes on Qobuz or CD 16/44(I have a Studio account)

Probably makes no difference the endpoint is the sound system in your car(mine are 2017 LR Discovery Sport with a meridian sound system not the high end one and 2018 Jeep grand cherokee with a very good sound system) BTW both my vehicles still have headphone jacks AND USB ports-I have tried both bluetooth and AUX both sound very good but both vehicles especially the LR interfaces are quirky to say the least

Hope this helps find that article by Chris! It was on May 21,2016 in General Forum just search 'Apple Camera Kit'

bobbmd

@kmp6156@leftchannel@AudioDoctor: if one uses the Apple Camera Connector Kit the out put from the DAC one is using is either a headphone jack(AUX) or USB connection (which on my vehicles shows up as BlueTooth source)-does it really make any difference in a CAR/TRUCK if the stream is 16/44 24/96 or 24/192 probably all sounds the same unless one has 4000$ plus Meridian or Bose or whatever sound system in your vehicle-Ireally don’t understand the argument here-my Qobuz downloads from my iPadPro sound wonderful regardless which vehicle I use or what way I connect the DAC-it all sounds better than SiriusXM-even Deezer sounds better than SiriusXM!

bobbmd 

@left channelBTW did you see my post on the  email address for Qobuz support USA? I actually got a response from an Eric Benoit(in the USA) and from the new marketing/media director Dan Mackta telling me I am in the next batch of BETA subscribers and I will be able to transfer my playlists/favorites(will see about that part) using Soundiiz or maybe they will do it for me like they did for @TAV who got his BETA as a promo at a show

@Jud- how did I know you were going to correct him??!! BTW an Eric Benoit at Qobuz support USA got my USA account all set up same email address user name and I was able to change over from PayPal to my credit card-have office hours now will let you all know how it works- hopefully as good as my French STUDIO account which was spectacular on ROON for the 2 days I had it.

Both this Eric and @dmackta were positively wonderful-never have got that type of support from any other service or player ever.

Speaking of players A+3 integrated very well without a hitch for USA Qobuz I will know more later this pm when I check it out in detail but even the HiRes albums show as 24/96 in upper right hand corner of A+3 page and  24/176 in the upper left corner for my ME2 DAC  

bobbmd

@firedog Hello The EXACT same thing happened to me( ie A+3 played Qobuz as did my iPadPro,but on my Mac Mini my playlists were there but TIDAL didn't work at all and all I got were snipits MP3 325 30 sec of music on Qobuz in ROON)). A number of other people had same problem if you go to the ROON support page-I got an immediate answer from ROON@noris@danny2 they suggested keeping ROON open and they would do diagnostics-then my Mac mini became very slow with continuous flywheel I rebooted and everything worked and when I thanked them they said ROON had nothing to do with it!! They thought perhaps Qobuz USA got overwhelmed with new BETA subscriptions. In any event ALL my TIDAL and Qobuz playlists I transferred to Soundiiz transferred to Qobuz USA(although not 100% of the TIDAL songs/albums in each playlist- but what the heck). The interesting thing is that the MQA music( and some non MQA) from TIDAL plays at HiRes 24/96 or 24/192 in Qobuz(I have a STUDIO account)- I think the SQ is better than the desktop app and A+3.

I wander also if my TIDAL playlists in TIDAL will remain if I ditch TIDAL??

And BTW the support person Eric at support Qobuz USA when he installed my BETA account changed my username from bobbmd to my full name and assigned me a new password all that was different from my French account which  worked perfectly on day#1 of the ROON integration.

I see your similar problem got resolved correct?

Also support was fantastic from both Eric and the head of marketing/media at Qobuz USA @dmackta and David Craff-my hat is off to them all and whole Qobuz team

bobbmd

@tapatrick  @ddetaey: FWIW I had a French Qobuz account since 2013 I now have had a USA Qobuz account(STUDIO) for about a week I have had TIDAL since its inception and am a ROON lifetime subscriber and have TIDAL/Qobuz on A+3-I have never experienced 'dropouts' listening on any of them ever and 'dd' I went and listened to that Derrick&Dominoes in HiRes at 24/192 thanks for that tidbit sounds great in 24/192 and I get 2 LED lights on my ME2 DAC. My only problem is that on ROON if you click 'versions' even if it says MQA for TIDAL or HiRes 23/96 or 192 for Qobuz it only plays in 16/44 (sometimes) BUT it all sounds great. I don't know why you folks get dropouts BUT what I have noticed is that TIDAL MQA's in TIDAL playlists I transferred via Soundiiz to Qobuz some will play as 24/88 24/96 or 24/192 with the HiRes logo through ROON so Qobuz in some way recognizes MQA(as as HiRes format??)- go figure

bobbmd

@David Craff @exdmd I read @exdmd above post and it peaked my interest.

There are four versions on Qobuz app of Slowhand 24/192 24/96 and 2 at 16/44 pretty much the same on ROON in Qobuz there is one version at 24/192 it plays with 3 white LED's through my ME2 DAC. And it sounds wonderful.

On TIDAL app there are 4 versions 2 MASTERS/MQA one plays with 2 LED lights blue and white the other one blue light and 2 white LED's.

I hear no distortion on any of the versions and no dropouts(have never had any dropouts ever on Qobuz/TIDAL ROON or A+3 and I hardly ever clear my cache-should I?))

All these versions sound excellent regardless of the 'player' where I might have a suggestion of difference( ie improvement of SQ separation bass ect) is with my Sennheiser 598's or RS-195's headphones.

BUT I have a Mac Mini late 2012 i7 with 16GB RAM and Apple Time Capsule Tower 2TB WiFi so could it be a factor of a PC requiring Wasapi driver? And how much difference in SQ can any of us possibly detect except as subjective hearing/listening experience? To my 70 yo ears all of this sounds absolutely marvelous- a little better here a little better there.

And @Jud I couldn't agree with you more- it is so pleasant on this topic/forum- it must be because Qobuz has made all of us more mellow,sedate and 'chillaxed'.

bobbmd

@David Craff

My post of 1/25/2019 at 08:24 pm wasn't really a question just my observations in regards to @exdmd comments on Clapton's Slowhand versions.

But about emptying the cache in Qobuz I don't think I ever cleared the cache even when I had my French account and now it says if you clear the cache on my USA Studio account it will delete my favorites etc-why does one need to clear the cache and what should cache size be set at I have it set at 'comfort' 30.0  Go and storage used by cache is 11/9 Go on my account

What do you think of my observation that Qobuz plays my MQA TIDAL playlists I made and transferred via Soundiiz play HiRes at 24/88 24/96 or 24/192?

I personally think your support is superb and the SQ in any form I use Qobuz either the desktop app or A+3 or ROON is exceptional-thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello after 2+ weeks of playing with Qobuz as desktop app in A+3 and ROON I have found some strange things.

As of right now ROON is not playing anything from Qobuz through my ME E2 DAC but plays through my Gungnir DAC.

for example the Norah Jones album ‘the nearness of you’ the Qobuz choices/versions on ROON will not play at all neither the 16/44 24/96 or 24/192 albums my album in my cd ripped library plays in 16/44 through ROON the 3 or 4 album choices in TIDAL versions play and virtually ALL of my hundreds of playlists or individual songs only play at 16/44 nothing higher regardless if they are TIDAL ‘masters, or Qobuz HiRes- does anyone else notice this?

A+3 plays all album choices from either TIDAL or Qobuz (the Norah jones album above) at their respective bit rates and in MQA- my ME E2 DAC shows 3 white LED’s for Qobuz HiRes and a green LED for TIDAL ‘Masters’ album.

If this is all result of ‘breakin’ period for ROON/Qobuz i am ok with it and yet at same time don’t notice much of audible difference ie SQ regardless if albums/songs play at 16 24/44 88 96 or 192- is there something wrong with ME/my ears OR my equipment ?? I mean all music sounds wonderful yet I really don’t a WOW from any of players streamers( maybe i have become jaded or just OLD all of a sudden -where I DO notice a difference is with my Sennheiser RS 195’s and in going from ME E2 to my pre multi bit first generation Gungnir

Also last night on A+3 all of a sudden that choice for iTunes Integration appeared with that black box ‘player’ hadn’t seen that in a long time then disappeared and asked me to set up A+1!!- thought i lost everything on A+3 but didn’t and iTunes integration no longer shows up just ‘my library’ which are my iTunes library for ripped cd’s(800+/16000+ tracks)-

Also album choices going fro Qobuz desktop app to A+3 and then to ROON are all different and A+3 doesn’t indicate which albums are HiRes but this is a minor inconvenience 

@left channel thanks for answering for me to @mav52

I got same email also- I thought I already had an account according to Qobuz USA support Eric Benoit when he set up my BETA account with the STUDIO HiRes and closed my French account some weeks ago

Do you think people with  a BETA account have to resign up? Supposedly the BETA account just folds into a regular one. And I never got asked for any errors or 'bug' reporting either- and I still get no music but it is playing the album/song on ROON and I get an occasional 'device not recognized' on ROON/Qobuz interface for my ME E2 DAC-I am sure it will all get worked out

@left channel similar but not quite the same I have refrained from too much complaining the SQ is still great regardless of the bit rate and I love all different things that either the desktop app A+3 or ROON make available and experimenting with them reading all the metadata and finding new groups or albums within americana folk blues jazz i have have never heard before( I even listen to classical music now!!)= I even 'rediscovered' my iTunes library all 56000+ songs on ROON and 16000+ on A+3 like months of music with a 'shuffle' click!!

@dmackta Glad to see all others who have thanked you as I did weeks ago after I found you and you and Eric Benoit helped me with my transition to Qobuz USA!

If  you get a chance take a look at my post elsewhere today on networking networked audio and streaming under ROON/Qobuz problems(pretty lengthy) when you try to get me an answer-I think it is a ROON problem but I am having some probs with even the Qobuz desktop app since begining of this week and especially since yesterday 

Thanks again and thanks for coming to the USA

@David Craff: it is hit or miss sometimes doesn't recognize my device ie DAC or does and no sound plays but music is playing sometimes freezes up web page can't go to discovery or favorites or playlists and sometimes playlists won't play or load and I have not been able to get offline choice to do anything the other stuff clears up if i click restart or just log off but haven't been able to access my offline library at all for a few days

the ROON problems HAVE to be their end @firedog seems to think it's MY SYSTEM but i haven't changed anything and all of this started this week i can live with it is just annoying and like I said Audirvana works always all the time and the Qobuz web page MOST of the time -i am just used to everything loading up and playing almost instantly

BTW_ am listening to a Kenyan folksinger JS Ondara on Qobuz web page/app now through ME2 DAC at192/24 HiRes but it won't play/or takes forever to load if it ever does if I go to ROON Qobuz version

I am sure everything will work itself out but don't understand what has happened since start of this week

@mourip see my post #1342 and my earlier post elsewhere on this page ROON is extremely slow to load for years now even worse now and like you either takes FOREVER to load qobuz albums playlists etc and when it does nothing plays except i get that audio device failed to initialize but quitting the qobuz app in upper left corner and clicking restart fixes the app 'problem' sometimes have to do this several times nothing i do even signing in/out of Qobuz on ROON helps-no one from ROON has bothered to answer my questions yet(not unusual) but David Craff(Qobuz) answered me almost immediately- do you have audirvana that has never failed either Qobuz or TIDAL or my iTunes library or all my playlists etc