IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

OK, I have the Sonore Signature Rendu SE, dCS Rossini, a couple Klipsch Three speakers, and a TV on my network today and the Rendu is the only item that doesn't appear in the Qobuz DLNA / UPnP selection menu. I'll do some thorough testing right now and add some other devices. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 8.25.17 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Hi Everyone, Thank you for the interest. We still have a few tasks to complete, but by launch these issues will all be corrected. Yu're listening to a beta version and you'll even have more features that are available currently.

Stay tuned.

Excellent. Let us know if we can help iron out any bugs.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, nbpf said:

If you are using MPD for playback, expect track skip issues on long tracks and when connecting to certain Qobuz servers, please see

https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli/tickets/11/

and

https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/commit/1ca1269a59e36fc4c91fa9aca93ac6067d9274bf

So far Qobuz has not reacted to any of my issue reports. Thus, I am going to cancel my Qobuz Sublime subscription for the upcoming season. 

No MPD use in this setup right now. 

3 minutes ago, nbpf said:

If you are using BubbleUPnP Server or a software that attempts at throttling the stream during playback, you might be experiencing the same issue. Apparently the Qobuz app downloads tracks to large buffers instead of throttling the stream, see  

https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/commit/1ca1269a59e36fc4c91fa9aca93ac6067d9274bf. I have never experienced any issues with the Qobuz app in my network.

My DLNA testing was with the Qobuz desktop app for macOS and a dCS Rossini DAC.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really lame. As @austinpop pointed out, playing mp3 and only a snippet of the tracks. Just tell me I can't stream the album.

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist Please help on this one. It was a Tidal favorite, that came over when I used Soundiiz. Soundiiz said it had a match so I thought oh cool. Now I go to play it and it not only says High Resolution, but I can't even play it because only 30 second snippets are allowed and they are mp3 as well. Bait and switch. Not cool, but I'm not up in arms or leaving the service. Just something that is annoying.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.33.06 PM.png

50 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

That is strange...While we do have some snippits until the tracks/albums are cleared, I have 1989 playing in full res with the full tune. https://open.qobuz.com/album/0060254706688

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 4.47.35 PM.png

There are three versions of 1989 available (see screenshot). The high resolution version is the one Soudiiz favorited, but that's the only one that won't stream of the three. Not the end of the world, the high res is only 24/44.1 and I'd be shocked if anything close to 16 bits of dynamic range is used on this recording. Plus, now I know to check for this if it happens again.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 4.41.09 PM.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hello,

Currently we display the hi-res logo of an album without distinguishing that it is available for download and/or streaming in this quality. An evolution is underway in our applications to distinguish between the two.

The listening and downloading rights are not identical for the same album.

Regards

Thanks David. 

3 minutes ago, loop7 said:

I'm exploring the desktop Qobuz app both connected directly to a DAC and via Chromecast (the HDMI version).

It seems the Qobuz app doesn't recognize the first generation Chromecast but does recognize the gen 2 Chromecast. 

I'm assuming there are limitations of the first version that make it problematic.

Just an observation.

Yes. Many apps don’t work well or at all with gen 1 of the chromecast.