IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Not sure how come, but I think after the update for some reason, on your particular network, the Qobuz Desktop app's UPnP broadcast request for all UPnP renderers to announce themselves is no longer getting through. However, I suspect the same UPnP broadcast request by the UPnPBridge does get through, with the Qobuz Desktop app riding on its coattails by also picking up the 'I am here' responses from the UPnP renderers, so would include the UPnP/DLNA Media Interface created UPnP renderers.

Sorry for nitpicking, but UPnP uses multicast, not broadcast for discovery. This is important distinction, especially because broadcasts are privileged operation on any sane OS, so normal applications cannot deal with such... They are handled differently throughout the network stack.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 8 months later...
19 hours ago, left channel said:

Good point. Just want to add that nowadays they call that type of person an "information architect".

...and then you only need to get all the record companies adhere to your newly invented standard...

ID3v2 and Vorbis Comments are already good, but completely screwed up by most of the mainstream software.

Problem with "information architect", or something one could call "designed by a committee" is something that is in fact unworkable in practice because the ones who designed never had to implement or apply it to harsh reality. That has been seen in some IETF and other standards before.

Good example of this is already definition of "genre" for a particular piece of music. Quite typically such information is very inconsistent.

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, Cebolla said:

First off (and assuming you have the latest version of HQPe installed & working on the sonicTransporter i9), remove the BubbleUPnP Server's created OpenHome renderer for HQPe's UPnP renderer, or better, still shutdown the BubbleUPnP Server altogether (presumably you are running the BubbleUPnP Server on the sonicTransporter). You need to isolate the problem and having the BubbleUPnP Server's OpenHome support enabled might complicate things.

OpenHome style playlists don't work for streaming services like Qobuz. Because the OpenHome renderer/server would hold the playlist, but the stream URLs obtained by the control point are valid only for short period of time. So you cannot use server side playlists in such cases.

HQPe is supposed to be able to play Qobuz's FLAC tracks directly

Yes it is, for sure.

Also, switch off the BubbleUPnP app's Gapless control setting for HQPe's UPnP renderer if it's not greyed out & you have it switched on - HQPe has its own method & HQPe's UPnP renderer isn't supposed to support the UPnP method.

Yes it does, both with and without the UPnP SetNextTransportURI. So either way is fine.

38 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

The BubbleUPnP Server's emulated OpenHome playlists should, or at least its developer Bubbleguuum mentioned years ago that the online streaming service playlist entries never expire as the streams' true URLs are resolved at the time they are actually played. I believe you may have even been party to that conversation - blimey I must be getting old if I can remember something from way back better than I can from a few weeks ago! 

That would assume some redirect or proxy URL from the control point, but if the control point is not awake (as it is not necessary for OpenHome), then it wouldn't work. Essentially it requires OpenHome to emulate regular UPnP to make it work... :D