IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Having used Qobuz for a few weeks the only issues I've had have been Chromecast related on IoS (don't have these problems with other apps):

- two or three times a track has suddenly started playing a static noise half way through. Rewinding a few seconds doesn't get rid of this, restarting the track it doesn't recur

- when I lose the connection (e.g. turn off receiver I'm Chromecasting to) the local device (phone or iPad) starts playing the track out its speaker. This actually happens with Airplay too.

I will say Qobuz often 'reconnects' to the Chromecast session when the device has been locked or another app used, but no streaming music app has implemented this to the level of YouTube Music which always picks up the session (and has the added benefit of multiple users being able to connect and add music to the queue). Tidal for example was always terrible at losing its connection to the Chromecast session.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 10:11 AM, Bevok said:

when I lose the connection (e.g. turn off receiver I'm Chromecasting to) the local device (phone or iPad) starts playing the track out its speaker. This actually happens with Airplay too.

This also happens when I am using CarPlay and turn off my car, the phone starts playing music out the built on speaker. This phenomenon is quite annoying in a number of situations eg turning off headphones.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 111MilesToGo said:

Just out of interest: From your screenshot, it looks like you are on an iPhone / iOS. Correct? Which Qobuz App version?

The Media Player framework allows the app to keep playing media in the background even when locked. Downloading is not seen as interactively using the app so it gets freezed when you change focus or lock. This affects all streaming apps (Youtube Music, Deezer, Tidal) in my testing, although not Apple Music :-) So its an Operating System thing not a Qobuz app thing.

10 minutes ago, left channel said:

An API is available. I don't know how public it is. As I mentioned a bit up-thread, on Android I use a great alternative that bypasses system resampling and supports Qobuz, Tidal, local files, and more: USB Audio Player Pro. And as I mentioned further up-thread, on my home server I use the free Qobuz plugin for Squeezebox/LMS. I seldom use the official Qobuz apps, and don't even have the Android app installed because it was misbehaving.

I use it on Sonos and an Arylic streamer through their apps flawlessly, I believe Musicast and Blueos also have support for it although I haven't used those personally.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...