IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Hello,

just signed up to vent about the windows app.

I’ve been a subscriber for about a year and a half.

this latest version of the windows app is a serious step back on the high cpu usage problem that has been there since the start.  The latest version now available, I can’t really stream high res with the app minimized...it starts with the dropouts/distortion.

the one prior to the current one, the one that had the dark mode, too, was the best in terms of low cpu usage!  A couple days ago, I started Qobuz and it said there was an update, I downloaded it, and now I’m back to frustration.

please, please, fix the app!!  I don’t get it.  Can you not add some kind of stripped down, low cpu mode without all the superfluous graphics?

i run it on a laptop with nothing on it but Qobuz and my dac drivers.  I tried another computer last night...it just froze...way worse.  I’m on win7.

is there any way to get the slightly older version back?

so frustrated...

sound quality is great, though, very happy with sound, and the iOS app, too, although I don’t do hires on that.

1 hour ago, rando said:

For the sake of conversation, could you explain your reasoning for continued use of Windows 7.  A legacy OS for which mass support has ended.  Though I agree it was a high point of the M$ releases.  The world and modern computing have moved on to a degree tech support "venting" when new programs freeze is a bit underinformed in my opinion.  :)

If this is a computing power/memory/hardware concern.  I can assure you it need not be for your dedicated audio laptop.  Any number of people here could give you concise instructions on how to effect the move to W10.  Just as a wakeup call I'm going to remind you M$ is already ending support for early versions of W10 and has a new OS in the wings.  I feel safe saying Qobuz app will work in the environment being depicted for you to move to.  

Please feel free to contact me outside this thread to keep it on topic.  Or do your own research (Hint: Single language X86/X64 1809 or thereabouts in the version chain dependent on make and model of laptop).

hello,

thanks for your thoughts.

before I explain my reasoning for using win 7, can you explain why Qobuz, when simply playing back a song, uses 2%-10% of resources, minimized and then jumps to 70-100% with the app open?

i don’t see how moving to a more bloated os is going to do anything but aggravate that situation running superfluous spyware, etc.  the win7 media player can play back a file without clearing every program off the computer and using the majority of resources...it would make more sense to upgrade the cpu...but then...how powerful does it need to be?  It’s like having a car that can only go a couple miles on a tank of gas knowing every other car can go much much farther and being told I should just buy a bigger gas tank.

i thought this was the Qobuz issues thread, so I think I’m on topic with my cpu usage issue.  The research I’ve done, is that others have had the same problem, and on win10, too.  I can do more research, but I don’t understand your suggestion.