IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

If this has been asked and answered, I apologise. Cannot find it myself :) 

Is there a way for a tracks not to be automatically played in full screen mode? Bit annoying having to minimise the playing now screen when browsing.

3 hours ago, Muddy Walter said:

I don't use iOS but imagine settings would be similar. I have full screen turned off in WinOS in both the app and web player. I find that under my moniker, then settings>display.

Found it. Many thanks! Are we still unable to add a profile photo? Read it somewhere on her that Qobuz have disabled this for the time being. 

8 minutes ago, Muddy Walter said:

Glad you found it! I have also read that (somewhere) about profile image change being disabled. Used to be that it could be changed via Facebook but that meant using Facebook. Qobuz keeps improving and with more countries now able to use the service and Tidal users looking for a more honest sound, hope for the future.

Thanks again for pointing it out. Was really bugging me! :) As for the photo, am not really bothered and was merely curious if I was doing something wrong. 

Been doing a lot of reading on here (especially on the Qobuz features requests thread) and I can tell they are rather proactive in dealing with their customers and support appears to be good. 

As for Tidal, I am still currently running it side by side with Qobuz and do prefer Qobuz. Although I hope at some point Qobuz will implement some rather handy features currently present in competitors. I would love to see Qobuz not list all artist releases grouped together as opposed to competitors doing this by category - albums, singles, ep and compilations.

On 4/23/2021 at 3:37 AM, BrownMagic said:

Tidal Connect now is available on Volumio. This is going to put Tidal on the hands of so many people with a cheap RPI. This is a game changer and I wonder when Qobuz will come with their own Connect protocol. If they want to expand their user base then they really need to come with their own version of Spotify/Tidal Connect. People are not willing to pay $ for Roon to get Qobuz if they are only streaming. 

I have emailed Qobuz about the Connect function and was told there is not ETA for this. Currently I can stream Qobuz to my NAD M10 via AirPlay but it's a bit of an inconvenience to always have to change the audio source output in macOS settings when using the desktop app. It's easier when streaming from the iPhone Qobuz app. 

Tidal has a connect function for my streamer, however, it's rather buggy and has a mind of its own :) Valid for both macOS and iPhone apps. 

I run both services through Roon and it's a breeze but can appreciate some many not want to spend money on Roon. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 10:17 AM, RBO said:

Newbie question - when scrolling through releases (any), every time I hit the back button to come out of one, I am being taken to the top of the list. Is this normal behaviour or am I missing something? 

Wondering if anyone any thoughts on this?

3 minutes ago, left channel said:

This has been discussed in this thread or the feature request thread or on another forum, I don't remember which, but the response was they understand that's annoying and it's on their list to improve.

Cheers for this. 

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Sorry, as I don't manage this application, I don't know everything. I know about a big update but it should not have any impact on your local music.

I will foward your feedback to the mobile dev team.

Regards

David,

We like the sound of “big update” :) Are you at liberty say give a rough estimate of when? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, flipper said:

Hi - I'm new here.  :-)   

I'd like to find out if there has been any recent progress/resolution for the issue in the iOS BluOS  app (when using Qobuz) that prevents you from changing the sort order for your favorite Artists list. 

Currently it defaults to Date Added, with no apparent way to change this.  I do recall that for a long time, my favorite Artists list was sorted by Artist Name, which is exactly what I wanted, and I loved it.  But that went away months ago.  Of course, the native Qobuz Windows app does let me sort, but that's of limited value to me.

Any info would be appreciated - thanks!

Just tried this for you and there is now way to sort it. 

• 1 month later...

So much wrong with metadata across the board. All this and much more showing up in the Sade discography. Can’t remember it being this bad? 

@David Craff I believe it was back in spring you mentioned there would be a big update this summer which would add a proper “connect” function (not Airplay or Bluetooth) and better library management (individual categories for albums, EPs, etc). Would you have any updates on this for us? 

*EDIT* Forgot to add the very choppy scrolling experience on my iPhone - so bad it makes me nauseous :)

The non existent scroll memory (back takes you top of page) which works as expected on the iPhone should also be implemented in the desktop version of the app. 

Many thanks. 

24F9D4A0-5C98-4D86-962F-C5D7BB7C0096.png

50 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

The feature for better connect like Spotify or Tidal is on study. And a better discographie for artist is on develop. The deadline for this last one is for the end of the year.

For the scroll memory, this one is also in progress, we have installed the basics and will gradually move all pages to the new management

Regards

Many thanks for the quick reply David 👍

• 4 weeks later...

This has been happening a lot recently, however, it’s not affecting everyone. I for one, was unaffected when it happened recently. 

The “good” thing is that all of the faves you have in Qobuz will come back on their own at some point. You do not need to do anything apart from wait. 

Roon are saying this is caused by Qobuz servers and they have been working on a permanent fix for some time now. 

Curious what Qobuz have to say about this. 

3 hours ago, vintageaxeman said:

but I'm not sure if that was me suceeding by doing things, or their (whoever!)

It was them :) There is nothing you can do. They always come back on their own. 

You can still access your Qobuz library by accessing Qobuz through Roon. 

As for blaming someone, Roon are pointing at Qobuz. 

I also have Tidal and it never happened with them. It’s always Qobuz. 

11 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

This is true, the issue come from our server.

We are in constant communication with Roon, don't worry about it.

This problem is being resolved.

Regards

As always, thanks for the quick reply David. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody else having issues with Airplay? Can’t seem to be able to do it anymore: iPhone 13 Pro to NAD M10

All up to date. 

Qobuz needs a proper connect function like its competitors. I am happy to keep supporting the “little guy” in this very competitive market, however, the little guy needs to keep up. 

32 minutes ago, Stereo said:

David has said they are just starting to work on a connect function. I wonder if Qobuz has hired more software people to help with speed of keeping up with the competition as long as Qobuz does it correctly and not broken or half assed.

I did ask some time back in early spring and he said to expect a big update in the summer. No idea what that update would have entailed. 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Anyone else think the Qobuz app on iOS has gotten really slow lately?

If you refer to the time required to start playing a track, then yes :) Regardless of being on 5G or my broadband connection, after pressing play, it takes some time for the track to buffer. 

If I want to fast forward, then the app usually goes crash boom bang. 

Am mostly using Qobuz via Roon so did not want to raise this issue.