IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

11 hours ago, livepinkfloyd said:

So you are having the same problem? Not so funny they sent me a marketing email the other day trying to get me to do the annual subscription. Sorry to hear that...

No no sorry, it was just to say that having an annual subscription I cannot leave for another service.

My only problem is with volume on Chromecast: it doesn't work, neither from web app not from android app.

9 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Yes I work for Qobuz.

I can tell you that every app Android iOS PC/Mac will migrate soon to a new Chromecast Receiver.

the upgrade to windows app and to android app I got two days ago did not solve this problem: I understand you are talking about even newer versions?

8 hours ago, BrownMagic said:

Will this solve the problem of the song playing on my phone and the device? It has been extremely frustrating. I have tried this in 3 diff devices and same issue so the problem is with Qobuz and Chromecast and not the device. 

Which devices have you tried with?

2 minutes ago, Mark Dirac said:

I guess Qobuz have been busy with the Sonos thing, which is a good thing because it's sad for recorded music that so few people know that Qobuz exists - typically for less money, for essentially very similar catalogue, for no compression, and avoiding MQA palaver. Sonos is popular and will promote what Qobuz has to offer.

Here is a review of streaming services by a fairly respectable magazine - Wired - and Qobuz doesn't even get a mention as an also-ran! Tragedy.

Fine and I'll eventually buy a Sonos speaker for my home office, but I still want Chromecast issues fixed 🙃

2 minutes ago, livepinkfloyd said:

So after several attempts to get Qobuz to answer my question both publicly (on this forum) and privately (support emails back and forth and a private message to David Craff)) no one has the courtesy or guts. Given the service no longer works for people who have 5,000 favorites like myself I have no choice but cancel the acct. Has anyone ever cancelled and then come back - if so did you lose all your favorite selections or were they still there? Trying to understand if the amount of time I've spent building my library is now a complete waste? I see thru LinkedIn that they are a REALLY small company - and yet they have managed to build the best sounding library on the net. Feels like if they had a better DevOps org I wouldn't be in this position. They don't seem to understand that this service is so far superior to the runner up Tidal that they could easy charge more than Tidal. Audiophiles and music lovers are willing to pay for what they want and as playback gear gets better more folks are catching on to the differences in quality btw 24/192 and 96k mp3. If they did they could afford to enhance the DevOps group and not push a rev that fails there most active users. Cheap services allow 10,000+ selections with no problem. The fact they will not allow users who are now essentially shut down the ability to role back to a pervious version until they fix the production one is poor judgment. At least for me it will be difficult to come back if I lose all my work to date. With tactics like these Amazon will come and eat there lunch. Am I alone in this view? 

I'm with you bro

47 minutes ago, David Craff said:

I would like to tell you this to clarify things.

To "livepinkfloyd": Before saying that we did not have the "courage" (to be polite) to answer you, I invite you to look at my answers to your problem.
And if that's not enough for you and others, I'll say it one last time here:

I've prioritized finding a solution to this problem in the next sprint of the development team.

A sprint is a series of tasks to be done over 2 weeks. Following this sprint, a new version of the application is created, tested and deployed.
So yes, between your request, the analysis of the problem, the search for a solution, the correction, the creation of the application, the tests of the application .... without forgetting the consequent list of tasks that we already have in progress. It is possible that the problem will not be corrected in a minute but in XX weeks or month.

Unfortunately as you noticed on Linkedin (yes Qobuz reads your messages) we are a small company. The development team of the Desktop application (which also manages other applications) is only 3 developers. So it takes time, much more than a company with big resources like Spotify or even Tidal.

Regarding the problem of limiting the number of tracks to 1000 in a playlist.

My personal opinion is that I find it messy a playlist with more than 1000 tracks, but I understand the need to be able to classify, arrange, order his library in Qobuz. This said my opinion has no impact on this limit. It is linked to a technical problem and especially a guarantee of stability of our servers. Our current structure is not able to ensure a strong stability of the service if we increase this limit. We are aware of the problem, we are working every day to improve the service and this also passes through our infra structure. But again, this takes a lot of time.

Having a community, a dedicated service like Roon offers.

This is currently being thought about/created. But it should not be seen only as the creation of a forum that would take a few hours. It is also necessary to recruit or train people for the management of the space, to be able to answer to the members, to connect the forum to other Qobuz services, etc... Currently for my application (Qobuz PC/MAC), in the meantime, I come on this forum in order to help you, to answer you and to make the application evolve.

And as much I can answer easily when it concerns the things that I manage at Qobuz that when it is not the case, I can only forward your feedback to the people or services concerned. And once done, I'm sorry but I'm not going to go looking for an answer every day to make one for you. I am not a messenger.

I stop my message on this, because I have many things to do and I would not like to have new remarks or criticisms of our customers :D

Regards

As an IT Manager, I fully understand.

On the other side I understand frustration of paying customers.

It seems to me you are growing in an unexpected way on the international market, and you are now facing with some issues (in terms or tech architecture and development organization) that needs to be solved. Look at Chromecast integration and uPnP/DLNA that are buggy.

Now the main problem is that what someone defines important for someone else is not important.

If you ask me Chromecast integration needs to be solved asap for both web and android app,athens dlna 🙃

16 minutes ago, BrownMagic said:

I agree. Give us an app that can work directly with our streamer. Like Chromecast or develop your own connect like How Spotify or Tidal have. That way you are focussing all your energy on YOUR own tech. Rather than trying to integrate with Roon and million other 3rd party software. That way if someone is using a 3rd party app to access Qobuz it doesn’t become your responsibility. It’s good to have support for other platforms but I hope you can first focus on which you can control and have lesser dependancies. We are cheering for Qobuz to win. 

uPnP/dlna is a standard and it actually works: if you have Bubble uPnP on Android you can stream to a dlna enabled amplifier. What does not work is dlna from Quboz web app itself (full of bugs and actually disabled). Quboz android app does not even have the dlna feature. And you get bit perfect.

Chromecast is not a standard, but it's a protocol built into a lot of devices and if implemented at full capacity you can stream up to 24/192 so in theory you'll get bit perfect. My Nvidia Shield TV implements Chromecast protocol at full potential, the Google puck is capped at 24/96 I think.

I believe dlna and Chromecast is all you need to cover most power users.

20 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Indeed we are growing but we have to manage a technological debt which is holding us back on many things. We can say that bad choices have been made in the past, as in all societies, but that things are getting better and better. It's only a question of time and I understand that the customer can lose patience

Technical debt is like a debt with Mafia: if you ignore it for too long, you wake up one day with a gun at your forehead and either you pay or you die :-)

Just now, BrownMagic said:

Doesn’t seem to work on the Mac Qobuz app. I am waiting for the new Chromecast receiver update to see if it address the drop out issues. 

As I said, if you use other 3rd party dlna enabled apps, it works: Quboz apps (web, android, iOS) have instead problems. On web app it was enabled but was buggy and eventually it's been disabled. On Android app it was never available.

1 minute ago, BrownMagic said:

Can you please explain how this can be done? You mean like Use Mconnect to access Qobuz? 

Yes, mConnect is another option. I had already paid for Bubble uPnP, but mConnect is similar. You know the HEOS app for Denon and Marantz? It's simply a dlna enabled app made by Denon, same concept as for mConnect or Bubble uPnP.

Honestly I still prefer using Android or Win Quboz app as UI is much better than any 3rd party dlna app.

9 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Does the lower case 'u' mean some new (lower?) standard for UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) or perhaps you mean 'micro PnP' (whatever that may be)? 🙃

:-D I'm writing from my phone so the corrector decides ;-)

9 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

You can actually combine both apps on Android, ie, use the Qobuz app with Android's built-in share feature to share to the BubbleUPnP app the tracks you're interested in playing on the UPnP/DLNA streamer.

Really? There's aklwys time to learn :-) That would be the best: using an app with a nice UI on a bit perfect protocol.

Only problem is that when I go to share in the Quboz Android app I only see my device and the Shield TV.

1 hour ago, Cebolla said:

Not a very good spell checker/corrector, I'd suggest, seeing that it can't sort out 'always' being misspelt. Can forgive Qobuz being incorrect - can't make that look any worse. Perhaps it's on counterfeit goods language mode 😀 

Not sure what function you are using on the Qobuz Android app to invoke Share - you should be getting other Andoid apps to share to, not devices on the network:

image.png.0dce64feb6235245fd2701ab18f35171.png

image.png.c2b52c18204465febbcff6ccb392905d.png

Aha yes it works

7 minutes ago, Daren F said:

Qobuz on Android was updated to version 5.16.1.3 recently. Change log said minor updates to Android Auto and Chromecast fixes.

Since the update, I'm no longer able to cast anything higher than CD quality? 

Star he cos I'm on beta and I have 5.16.1.2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

The scroll position memory is currently rework. This will be available in the next version.

Regards

And when will new version of web/Android app will be released? I'm really looking forward to the Chromecast volume fix 🙃

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, been away for a while, so I'd like updates on two following topic:

- uPnP support: when will windows and android app support this?

- Chromecast handler: no news here? When streaming they Chromecast vine still does not work on either windows and Android app

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, David Craff said:

A new version of the Google Cast receiver is available. Our applications will connect on this new version soon. Hope that all issues will be fixed in the same time.

Do we have to expect an update for both win and android?