IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Hello Guys - My first post at CA. 

I moved to Qobuz from Tidal recently and I want to move out of Roon as well eventually. Roon has served me very well but I have now decided to only use Qobuz as far as my streaming solution. I do not have any local files that I have to stream. So the solution that I was looking something like Spotify Connect. Qobuz seemed to have a Qobuz Connect plans in the past but they told me that they no longer have any plans. I then chanced up Primare NP5 ( on this website) and it seemed like a very neat device. I was in touch with their team and they told me that they support 24/192 pass through via Chromecast protocol. 

So my question is 

1) Assuming I get a Primare NP5, a Denafrips Pontus ( Great review here by @gmgraves) and Qobuz, will I be able to use the Qobuz app as a control to stream to NP5 to get 24/192 on the Pontus? 

2) Does Chromecast affect the sound in anyway? I was convinced with Chris's review of the CCA puck and how it could pass through 24/96. Is Chromecast Protocol inferior to RAAT that Roon uses? Should there be a difference at all because Pontus gets the complete 24/192 even if its RAAT or Chromecast protocol. 

3) Primare does not have an USB out. Is USB the best input for Pontus? Or the input does not matter? I am only interested in PCM and NOS. Between Coxial and Optical - Which is better? @alvin1118

Thank you very much kind folks. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2021 at 6:03 PM, BrownMagic said:

Hi

I am streaming to a Chromecast audio puck from the Qobuz app on my iPhone. I am able to cast but the song plays on the casted device and then it also starts playing on the phone speaker. Is this a known bug? 

Thanks

@David Craff I would like to nudge you again. I tried again in a different device. A primare NP5. When I cast from the Qobuz app, the music starts playing on the cast device first and then after a few minutes it starts playing on the phone itself.  It is very annoying. I then have to reconnect via Chromecast again. I do not have this problem with Tidal or Spotify. I have tried both services now. Is this a known bug? if yes when can we expect a fix? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, David Craff said:

I can tell you that every app Android iOS PC/Mac will migrate soon to a new Chromecast Receiver.

Will this solve the problem of the song playing on my phone and the device? It has been extremely frustrating. I have tried this in 3 diff devices and same issue so the problem is with Qobuz and Chromecast and not the device. 

8 hours ago, thegios said:

Which devices have you tried with?

Chromecast Puck, Primare NP5 and Arcam SA30. The problem is only with Qobuz. After 3 songs, the connection drops out. Music plays on the speakers and also on the remote in my case an iPhone. I have no issues with volume. I in fact prefer that volume control is done via the device rather than the app. And in IOS app, volume doesn't change even if you want to. My friend who uses android app on the arcam is able to change the volume but there is a BIG bug. The moment he changes the volume on the app, the Arcam plays it at 100% volume. A few more times and I am sure the speaker will blow. 

I was hoping that Chromecast with Qobuz will help me ditch roon completely but I think that time has not come yet. 

2 hours ago, thegios said:

Look at Chromecast integration and uPnP/DLNA that are buggy.

I agree. Give us an app that can work directly with our streamer. Like Chromecast or develop your own connect like How Spotify or Tidal have. That way you are focussing all your energy on YOUR own tech. Rather than trying to integrate with Roon and million other 3rd party software. That way if someone is using a 3rd party app to access Qobuz it doesn’t become your responsibility. It’s good to have support for other platforms but I hope you can first focus on which you can control and have lesser dependancies. We are cheering for Qobuz to win. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, RBO said:

As for Tidal, I am still currently running it side by side with Qobuz and do prefer Qobuz. Although I hope at some point Qobuz will implement some rather handy features currently present in competitors.

Tidal Connect now is available on Volumio. This is going to put Tidal on the hands of so many people with a cheap RPI. This is a game changer and I wonder when Qobuz will come with their own Connect protocol. If they want to expand their user base then they really need to come with their own version of Spotify/Tidal Connect. People are not willing to pay $ for Roon to get Qobuz if they are only streaming. 

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

All of those provide Qobuz access either for free or at very low cost. For example, Logitech Media Server, BubbleUPnP, mconnect Player, Linn Kazoo, etc.

Unfortunately none of them cut it for me. I currently use Google Cast to beam Qobuz to my Primare NP5 streamer. It’s buggy to say the least. I will be moving to Spotify HD if Qobuz don’t have a connect version of their own. 

6 minutes ago, Ran said:

It looks like the NP5 supports DLNA so you can use various apps to stream Qobuz without the need to cast or Roon.

i am using the native Qobuz app to stream to NP5 using the cast. This method supports 24/192. I do not want to use 3rd party apps because the experience is not as good as using the native app. Qobuz claims they are going to update the cast receiver and the dropouts should stop but only time will tell. 

2 hours ago, johnfryett said:

You are aware that there is a "native" Qobuz app on BluOS?

There is only one method which is native. That is using Qobuz’s app itself. Anything else including Roon, Mconnect, BlueOS, etc doesn’t fall under the native category. 

Spotify Connect and Tidal connect are the only native method for the respective services. Everything else is 3rd party and 3rd party no matter how good they are they just can’t be good enough compared to native. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2021 at 6:11 AM, Bevok said:

- when I lose the connection (e.g. turn off receiver I'm Chromecasting to) the local device (phone or iPad) starts playing the track out its speaker.

This is a known bug and Ive been chasing them for a few months now. We will need to wait till the new chromecast receiver is updated and according to @David Craff, it is going to be this summer. Well its June already. So i guess another 2 months ?

13 hours ago, hopkins said:

Thanks - had not thought of searching for "Qobuz Connect".

So nothing tangible yet.

They did mention that they are working on it. No idea when it would come. It’s a shame because I will be moving to Spotify HiFi only because of their amazing Spotify connect tech. If Qobuz can come with their own connect it would surely win more customers. Relying on Roon and other crappy 3rd party apps is a no go for me.