IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Hi @David Craff

I've switched to Qobuz from Tidal for a few months already. First, the positives:

• Absolutely love the bit-perfect streaming
  • Love the commitment from Qobuz to not alter the master like Tidal did with MQA
  • Qobuz's curation is much nicer than others IMHO
  • I like to root for the small guy who's doing the right thing!

Now the negatives, which I hope you'd address as a priority. I've reported this issue repeatedly to Qobuz but it's not getting any attention.

I'm getting more and more corrupted albums and in some cases, albums that existed when I first moved to Qobuz just completely dropped off the catalog. e.g., Tokyo Jazz Lounge's "Piano Ballads: Jazz Covers Collection" album.

Here is just one of the many many corrupted album.  e.g., Laura Marling's "I Speak Because I can" shows up twice in the artist's page on Qobuz. If you sort by release date, One of the version has 8 corrupted tracks out of 11.  The other album is fine.  However, both shows up as corrupted in Roon. Roon got confused... Roon's metadata on the Roon's server got out of sync somehow.

I was assured by Qobuz before I migrated over from Tidal that the Qobuz catalog is only expanding to catch up with Tidal and Spotify. When I reported corrupted tracks, I wouldn't get any response back from Qobuz for weeks. When I got a response, it's a canned response "brushing me off" politely, saying that a request is submitted to the label to re-upload the tracks. I'm sympathetic about slower response from customer service when Qobuz is surely growing way faster than before.

I can only speculate that it seems like that Qobuz is having a system issue where data are getting corrupted. Instead of asking the label to re-upload the tracks and probably get randomly corrupted in the future again, can Qobuz commit to getting the root cause fixed? This is very frustrating. Your desktop app can tell if a track is corrupted. Why can't Qobuz do a full catalog scan on the server to proactively fix this wide-spread issue? I can find a lot of corruption in the catalog. This is not an one-off issue.  It does feel like that this corruption issue is making the catalog expansion 3 steps forward 1 step back.

I'll report separate to Roon on the out of sync meta data issue.

I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing such issue and I sincerely hope that Qobuz can keep improving on all fronts.