IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Hello, first time poster here. This sure seems to be a forum with a lot of knowledgeable people, so I hope someone can shed a light on the following issue.

In one of my rooms, I'm streaming Qobuz content on a Yamaha WXAD-10, using the Yamaha MusicCast app on Android. This used to work 100% fine, but since a week or so I have the following issue. In the MusicCast app, when I browse to Qobuz > Discover > All Genres (or any subgenre) -> New Releases (or any other choice), the albums that show up are all greyed out and cannot be selected for streaming. If I use the Search option instead and search for any of these albums greyed out in the view mentioned, it shows up normally and I can stream it.

I've tried a full factory reset of the WXAD-10, tried the app on another phone (also Android), both to no avail.

I don't know if there's someone else with such a setup who can check if he/she has the same issue? I really like the overview and easy way Qobuz lets me see and listen to new releases, so this is a bit of an inconvenience for me. Any ideas appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 3:42 PM, dmackta said:

Jacco it's a known issue, it's on Yamaha's side, and they are working on fixing it. We don't have an ETA yet. 

I've notified Yamaha a month ago, they don't even take the time to send some kind of acknowledgement. Is there any way to find out more about the status of this issue? Has Qobuz heard from them, perhaps? My alternative is to stream Qobuz content to the WXAD-10 using BubbleUPnP, which does offer browsing and playing of latest releases, so I'm not completely lost, but my faith in Yamaha is rapidly decreasing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure it's a question for this forum, but still, someone might have an answer. It's about qobuz, but not about the audio, streaming, etc.

I'm considering an upgrade from CD-quality to 24-bits (HiFi to Studio), but I really do not understand the pricing involved.

686545250_Schermafbeelding2020-07-16om15_24_59.png.fc947ed3e7a6e2ef822ece3328dafc97.png

So, the price difference is EUR 5/month.

But if I choose to upgrade to Studio:

2020653116_Schermafbeelding2020-07-16om15_26_44.png.cc9da7ff3dc5ade2f44dcb373b50a54e.png

Upgrading will cost me EUR 10,16?!

If I pay per month, and I change to a subscription that's EUR 5 more per month, and I change "somewhere in the running month", how can the price for that ever be more than EUR 5? I don't get this, and it's making me reluctant to go ahead with this.

Has anybody seen this before, is there some explanation that I'm missing here?

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, if this really shouldn't be here, please remove.

2 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

This is because you have a currently running subscription, that probably expires soon.

So here you'll pay to upgrade for probably 1-2 more months to Studio on your existing Hifi deal, after which you're only paying the full price for the monthly or annual rate for Studio for a new subscription year. 

I've been doing some more math on this and I'm going to contact their customer service, it just doesn't seem right...

13 minutes ago, alandbush said:

I think you'll find that they are terminating the HiFi monthly sub 'today', resulting in a partial refund.

Then from 'today', your new monthly Studio sub begins less the refund.

In effect you are paying 10.16 for the first month before reverting to the normal full price.

My math on this looks as follows:

Paid ahead for 8 Jul - 8 Aug: EUR 19,99
today, 16-7, I've used 8 days of that, 23 days to go. So:
used: 19,99 * (8/31) = 5,16
unused: 19,99 - 5,16 = 14,83

Upgrade to Studio: EUR 5 /month (actually 23/31* 5 for 23 days, but let's forget about that, let's say EUR 5.)

So, now I have to pay 10,16 which is this 5 euro upgrade + 5,16 euro that I've used the past 8 days. Makes 10,16.

But this 5,16 euro, I've already paid that as part of the 19,99. I shouldn't have to pay that again. The upgrade should cost me 5 euros (or 23/31*5 euros), not 10,16.

Am I overlooking something in my reasoning?... 

2 hours ago, alandbush said:

Yes, the Studio sub is for a month starting the 16 July to 16 Aug, i.e. 24.99 minus 14.83 resulting in the 10.16 charge.

This is an educated guess, but I'll apologise now if I'm incorrect.

Educated guess or not, that actually makes sense. So, there's a refund for the non-used part of the hifi subscription, and/but the Studio subscription is to be paid for the full month even if you switch in the middle of the month. (So, the cheapest choice is to switch on the day of monthly renewal.)

Thank you all for your replies, I now see how it all fits together. It was all there in an earlier reply by alandbush:

I think you'll find that they are terminating the HiFi monthly sub 'today', resulting in a partial refund.

Then from 'today', your new monthly Studio sub begins less the refund.

In effect you are paying 10.16 for the first month before reverting to the normal full price.

This is what I overlooked or didn't understand, and that is what caused my doubt. But this clears it all up: I'm refunded for the unused part of my HIFI sub, and *from today* a *new* Studio sub starts at the regular price (not ending when the HIFI sub would have ended, but ending/renewing in 30/31 days). So then indeed one never pays more than one should. I totally missed the "a new period starts", so I thought I would be billed double for part of a month.

Despite this probably being in their terms and conditions, it would really have helped if Qobuz would just have added ending date for old sub and starting date (including showing that it's for a full month) on the renewal page. Would have saved me some confusion, and would have saved you all the time to reply to my question.

Again, thank you all for the replies, I'm going for an upgrade, back to enjoying music (even more than before). 

• 1 month later...

Got an update for Qobuz on the Google play store earlier today, but it wouldn't install. I'm glad the app is still on my phone, version 5.11.0.2. When I check the play store now, Qobuz app cannot be found at all(?!)

Although I'm sure it'll all be OK, just wondering what's going on. 

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Jacco said:

Just got a Qobuz update on Android, which supposedly fixes a bug that I wasn't experiencing. Instead, it introduces a bug: Qobuz won't start anymore. Oneplus 6t, android 10, more details can be provided on request.

Screenshot_20201004-183836.jpg

Screenshot_20201004-183906.jpg

Can't find a edit function for my post, wanted to add that after uninstall and install Qobuz (5.12.0.8) works fine again. 

• 4 weeks later...

Screenshot just as an example. I've seen this more than once. Why is my preferred music service usually (not just in this example) missing in the list of options? In this particular case I admit I haven't checked yet if the song(s) are offered by Qobuz, but at least in some other cases, Qobuz offers the music and yet they're not part of the list of music services.

Edited to add that this particular track is also available on Qobuz. </edit>

I'm not going anywhere else for my music anytime soon, really enjoy the Qobuz experience, but this does make me wonder if I did "bet on the right horse". If it is just a matter of buying yourself in into the list of possible music providers, I would really suggest to just do so.

Anyway, I guess it is more of a suggestion or question than an actual issue. Still, I'm curious to find out where Qobuz stands in this. 

Screenshot_20201101-004147.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2020 at 9:46 AM, Jacco said:

Hello, first time poster here. This sure seems to be a forum with a lot of knowledgeable people, so I hope someone can shed a light on the following issue.

In one of my rooms, I'm streaming Qobuz content on a Yamaha WXAD-10, using the Yamaha MusicCast app on Android. This used to work 100% fine, but since a week or so I have the following issue. In the MusicCast app, when I browse to Qobuz > Discover > All Genres (or any subgenre) -> New Releases (or any other choice), the albums that show up are all greyed out and cannot be selected for streaming. If I use the Search option instead and search for any of these albums greyed out in the view mentioned, it shows up normally and I can stream it.

I've tried a full factory reset of the WXAD-10, tried the app on another phone (also Android), both to no avail.

I don't know if there's someone else with such a setup who can check if he/she has the same issue? I really like the overview and easy way Qobuz lets me see and listen to new releases, so this is a bit of an inconvenience for me. Any ideas appreciated!

Following up on my first post to this forum: earlier this week I received a firmware upgrade for the WXAD-10 (from the MusicCast app), and lo and behold, once that upgrade was applied, albums are showing up again as they should, not greyed out. I just thought I'd share this in case people have turned their WXAD-10 into a (relatively) expensive paperweight: turn it on and find a new paperweight ;)

• 11 months later...

I clicked away the "now we have autoplay" after the latest Qobuz Android update a bit too fast. Searched everywhere in Qobuz, but didn't find... How to disable it. I must admit, before my Qobuz days, I actually discovered a band I completely overlooked in the 90s thanks to autoplay on Spotify, but, no, I don't need this on Qobuz. To be honest, Qobuz doesn't need this. 

Probably I'm overlooking something all too obvious, but, how do I disable autoplay on Android? 

13 minutes ago, Jacco said:

I clicked away the "now we have autoplay" after the latest Qobuz Android update a bit too fast. Searched everywhere in Qobuz, but didn't find... How to disable it. I must admit, before my Qobuz days, I actually discovered a band I completely overlooked in the 90s thanks to autoplay on Spotify, but, no, I don't need this on Qobuz. To be honest, Qobuz doesn't need this. 

Probably I'm overlooking something all too obvious, but, how do I disable autoplay on Android? 

Okay, never mind. Easy to overlook, apparently, but I found it and disabled it. It really helps to say your question out loud, because once you do, you often find the answer yourself. 😉

Screenshot_20211121-000923.jpg

• 11 months later...
On 11/2/2022 at 10:21 PM, Pouakai said:

Thanks, might have to return it to the store. There's a big Qobuz logo on it and the documentation says it should work.

Wxad 10 works fine for me with Qobuz. Although lately I've mostly used it to stream Qobuz from a Mac using airplay. 

In the musicast app, there should be an edit option for the sources which allows you to add Qobuz. Did you try that? 

3 minutes ago, Pouakai said:

Yes, there's no option to add Qobuz in the Android app, but Tidal and Spotify were there.

No worries I returned and picked up the Bluesound NODE instead which is a massive step up in sound and supports Qobuz no problem.

That's strange. Not relevant for you as you've already returned the Yamaha, but just for reference, a screenshot that shows Qobuz as possible source, also on Android.132379845_Screenshot_20221103-2353312.thumb.jpg.04f16449fdf39f445701040639eeb860.jpg

• pabl0b changed the title to Qobuz issues with Marantz Model 40n
  • 5 months later...

Qobuz Android just completely stopped showing or playing any tracks. Can still play on OS X. Tried killing the app and restarting, still nothing. A bit hesitant to clean cache and other data. Is this just me, or is something going on at Qobuz? Using Qobuz Beta by the way.

Edit: clearing the cache + restarting the phone seems to work. Bug reports sent to Qobuz, hope they can figure out why this happened.

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be having trouble with the latest Qobuz Beta on Android. Qobuz usually used to keep status of the album, track, and position in the track I was listening to when I paused and did other stuff on my phone. It's never been perfect yet, but right now, it NEVER remembers. I can pause for just a few minutes and tap the Qobuz icon again, and *poof* gone is whatever album and track I was listening to. This makes for a very bad user experience. Nothing else changed, same phone, no android updates, just this... 

Just wondering if others here have noticed the same issue, or even if it's a known problem.

17 hours ago, Balthazar B said:

I hope you screenshot something and reported the issue through the beta app. That's probably the more effective way to report it to the development team.

Sure did, although to be honest, I rarely get any response to these bug reports through the app. Just thought I'd mention it here as well, also to hear if others have the same issue. 

On 2/23/2024 at 11:55 PM, postmortem said:

This is not longer limited to beta, issue is now in the last released version.

Following up on this, I received a mail from Qobuz support today regarding this issue, stating that "A new version will be released this week in order to fix this problem."