IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

I would need a better representation of Black Metal albums in order to switch over fully to Qobuz. I enjoy Qobuz quite a bit, but Tidal's catalog is much more rich in terms of what I listen to. Will there ever be parity between the two? Interesting how the albums are available on other services, but Qobuz does not have them.

14 hours ago, dmackta said:

Please give me some examples. Include the labels please. If they are on Tidal, we will likely have them by the end of the month. 

Thank you! Is the end of November when the catalog will be fully updated?

Here are some examples I'd love to have on there:

• Путь – Песни Смерти (https://pskovway.bandcamp.com/album/-) [on Tidal and Deezer]
  • The Body - I Have Fought Against It, but I Can't Any Longer (Thrill Jockey) [on Deezer]
  • The Body - No One Deserves Happiness (Thrill Jockey) [on Deezer]
  • Ulver - Bergtatt (Voices Music & Entertainment) [on Tidal and Deezer]
  • Bathory - missing a lot of albums by them [all on tidal]
  • Drudkh - missing all albums, but have an artist page [all on tidal]
  • there are a lot more

Also, are there plans to categorize releases by Album, EP/Single, Compilation, etc?

On 11/6/2019 at 4:11 PM, dmackta said:

Hey @brianlg -- Thrill Jockey hasn't licensed us yet. Been working on it for a while. Let them know you'd love to hear their releases on Qobuz. Bathory has their own label, distributed by the Orchard, should be delivered to Qobuz any day...this has been ongoing for 3 months. Same with the Ulver. End of November is when all the Orchard-distributed back catalog will be live. Drudkh is on Season of Mist, who we have - what are we missing? https://open.qobuz.com/artist/937353 In general, there is no such thing as a fully updated catalog. There are unlimited labels and suppliers, new releases and reissues every single day, and titles changing labels or distribution just as frequently. Our team is really small but totally dedicated. The other companies have lots of people just dealing with licensing. 

By "fully updated" I meant as in previous releases that aren't available in Qobuz but that are available in other streaming services. It seems like you're in the midst of updating the catalog for Qobuz, so that's what I meant by asking when will that process be done? I realize there will be record labels that still need on board etc. Would love to switch over especially after the price drop, just waiting on and hoping for some of my favorites to appear

Question: when you search on US for an artist, and you see under their artist name "4 releases", but on the artist page there is only 1 relase, why is that? I assume it's a region issue -- but I believe the albums should be available in the US. This happens for quite a few artists. For an example: artist "Windir" shows only one album available to me, but says "4 releases". 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi David. Quick question on catalog as well. 

1. Do you ever run a script to compare your offerings with Tidal and work on filling in the gaps?
  2. Do you ever run a script to compare what's missing in Qobuz US that you have available in other regions vs. what's available in Tidal US? I feel like there's a lot of albums that fall under this. Look at Artist "Windir" for example.. it looks like the GB store has 5 albums, but US only has two; however, all five of these are available for US streaming on all other services so I'm not sure why Qobuz has them unavailable for US.