IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

I’ve noticed recently that classical releases often do not carry the name of the composition in the Title field, only the tempo markings. I had thought this was something new, but I’ve found instances of it happening in the past. Still, I do think this is increasingly the case. Recent examples include the new Nelsons Shostakovich disc and the Haitink Bruckner and Mahler boxes, but there are many more.

This is happening in the Qobuz desktop app (Mac in my case), as well as the mobile apps, and so also in Audirvana. Tidal, Spotify and Deezer all have full information, so I’m skeptical about this being a problem with metadata supplied by the labels. 

I contacted Qobuz customer support a week ago but as yet haven’t had a response.  I’ve been a very satisfied Qobuz subscriber for many years, but if this is growing trend I will have to think about moving to Tidal.

I’m wondering if anybody else has noticed this and, if so, whether they find it problematic.

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2019 at 8:26 AM, David Craff said:

This will arrive soon. Here come a screenshot

image.thumb.png.ab42e9ee173d5a9965eada9c1f803685.png

That looks great, and I see it has started to roll out on the Mac app. Hopefully more 'back catalogue' albums will appear like this over time, as well as all new classical releases.

However, I note that this has not yet been implemented on the IOS and Android apps. I hope this will happen since without it the mobile apps are for me, as someone who listens mainly to classical, becoming pretty useless. Can you confirm this is in the works for future mobile updates, David?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

All catalog must be appear like this depending of the supplier if they correctly filled in the fields. If not we have to make the update.

This  will arrive soon in our mobil APP.

Regards

Thanks for the clarification David.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, chris020 said:

Many thanks I understand all of this but why charge something when they say something else. Also surprised not to get any response from customers support.

The email I got was dated 21 February (not sure if that was the send date or the date I received it). It said that I would be charged the new rate from my next payment, which is 7 March. I think that means I will then move over to the Premier tier - I'm certainly not able to play hi res files yet.

If your payment was due on 19 February, a day or two before the announcement, wouldn't it be correct to charge at the old price? Unfortunate, but I suppose they have to draw the line somewhere!

Regarding customer service, it does seem to have slipped over the past few years. Previously I would always get a personal response, generally with a free album download added to my account.

• 9 months later...