IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

5 hours ago, firedog said:

Okay, so I've now found that Qobuz has populated my Qobuz "favorites"  with some albums on it's own - there are things there that it is not possible I ever put them in my account. How do I prevent this? I haven't found a setting that would explain that behavior.

I believe that is a Roon thing. When I tried out Roon several years back it automatically populated my Tidal favorites based on my regular library and the existing Tidal favorites. It was a pain to delete some of them especially since the Room favorites were dups or included a version of an album that I didn't want (ie, the non-remastered or non-deluxe version).

Has anyone on the Beta noticed some major deficiencies in the Qobuz catalog especially when it comes to some Indie or underground rock/pop. Seems like they may not have signed deals yet with major American Indie labels like Matador, Merge and Kill Rock Stars since I can't find any of the label's music by some of their bigger names (ie, Pavement, Elliott Smith, Neutral Milk Hotel, Spoon etc). All of these are on Tidal and Spotify.  Just wondering if anyone knows (ie, Dave Craft Qobuz guy I've seen posting) if Qobuz will have some of these labels by the time the Beta (or my new 30 day trial) is up since it could impact my decision to switch over.

2 minutes ago, dmackta said:

@KenG The beta onboarding email specified that the catalog is not complete yet.

Most of the labels you mentioned are in the stuff we haven't ingested for the US yet -- overall it is premature to do any catalog comparisons. The ones you are looking for will be generally sorted out before we open to the public in the US. 

Excellent. Thanks for the response, Dan.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 8:25 AM, dmackta said:

Are there specific labels you are not seeing available for streaming right now? We are in the process of ingesting over 14 million more independent label tracks but it could take a few months to get them all live on the service. 

So far I like the service and appreciate all the hard work you and your teams put into the Beta and 2/14 launch.  I am still noticing quite a few holes major Independent artist like Elliott Smith, Spoon, Husker Du and Radiohead but presume these are coming. I noticed that a lot of the major Matador Records and XL catalog was added over the past few days.

• 8 months later...

Any plans for Qobuz to support Autoplay? ie, after the last song from and album is complete, it will start a radio station with like-minded songs. 

I know that Roon does this and so does Tidal. Would be really cool if Qobuz supported it.

BTW, I resubscribed to Qobuz with the new pricing and think it's really improved since it's launch in the US. 

The interface is nice and I like the integration into other software and hardware.

The catalog is much better and definitely not lacking. Playlist could be better but I anticipated they'll improve.

I think I'm likely to stick with Qobuz this time for the long haul.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 2:47 AM, David Craff said:

Here are the possible filters :

#ByLabel

#ByReleaseName

#ByMainArtist

#ByPerformer

#ByComposer

#NewRelease

#MultiChannel

#Award

#HiRes

Add this in you query, this is available on all device using Qobuz.

David, these are amazingly helpful and I notice they also work within Audirvana. Is there somewhere within the app that shows these so I don't have to always come back to this thread. Would be really awesome if you had a "tips and tricks" link within the app. 

Also, are there any other similar tricks that aren't well known?

Great job as always and I really appreciate that you are out on this forum often answering our questions. I'm really happy with the service and plan to upgrade to an annual plan.

• 3 months later...

@dmackta, will there be any coming enhancements to the Qobuz Android app? I thought it was slow and buggy on my older DAP (Fiio X7 Mk 2) running Android 5.1 but when I recently upgraded to a much faster DAP (Hiby R5) with a recent version of Android (8.1), Qobuz is just as slow and buggy.  I've heard for the longest time that it would be improved but it has not happend.

It's really unfortunate because the iPhone IOS app and the Mac Desktop app work fantastic. I'm really happy with those and the quality of the service in general - so much so that I committed to a year subscription....but man, can you get developers to fix the Android Qobuz app. 

I'd be happy to DM you with any specific feedback or issues I'm experiencing with Qobuz Android.

• 3 months later...

FYI, there is a playback issue with "New Speedway Boogie" on the latest Anniversary Remaster of Workingman's Dead (Grateful Dead) that was just release on Qobuz last week. If trying to play it, it gets hung up and if trying to download the album for offline, this track prevents that.