IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

• 4 months later...

@rando @Polyglot I agree with both of you. I paid for Sublime for the year so I could be patient and support the Herculean effort it must take to move to NA. But I kept my TIDAL subscription because of the superior catalog and search capabilities (and I like the My Mix playlists for discovery). I’m not a fan of being trapped into an MQA universe, so everything in my TIDAL playlists I can find in Qobuz, I add to my Qobuz library. I’m hoping for the day I can cancel my TIDAL sub when Qobuz does everything I need. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been playing Qobuz through the new DragonFly Cobalt (iPad and iPhone via USB3-connection-kit). Since that DAC is limited to PCM 24/96 I noticed that when I play 192kHz-sampled music the Cobalt’s LED indicates the color for 96kHz (light-blue is the correct color according to AudioQuest, contrary to the manual). So I’m assuming Qobuz will downsample anything higher than 96kHz to an appropriate lower (even multiple) rate.

My question is, does that downsampling happening in the app (iOS app in my case) and therefore using cached songs if possible, or does the app request a downsampled version from the Qobuz servers to stream?

3 hours ago, PAR said:

...BTW the correct colour for 96 kHz is magenta. So if you send it a 192kHz file it should show a magenta light. Blue represents 48kHz.

That may be true for the DF Red, but I emailed AQ because I was getting a light-blue-almost-white light for anything at 96kHz. This was there reply:

“We are working on updating the Cobalt manual for 96kHz.  It is not magenta but more of a light blue.  This helps make more of a distinction between the MQA Magenta(MQA Purple) and the previous magenta 96kHz on DragonFly Red and Black.  Which looked too close to each other when playing Tidal Masters/MQA.  We most likely will have the downloadable manual of our site updated first with color descriptions and then the printed manuals for future production of Cobalts.  We apologize about that.  There are no firmware updates at this time nor changes.  No defective LED’s.  It is the manual that needs to be corrected.”

Cheers,

Gus

• 3 months later...

Does anyone else see value in creating a new thread: Qobuz Feature Requests.

To me, it seems appropriate to post requests for new features (for the service and/or the apps) in a thread separate from the one designed to talk about problems with existing supported functionality.

I don’t want to complain about missing features in this thread, but would gladly list all the things I wish the app did differently in a separate thread if the Qobuz team wanted that feedback.

21 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

Besides Audirvana and Roon what other software is able to play Qobuz?

Besides native Qobuz apps for desktop and mobile I also use mConnect for some DLNA use which supports both Qobuz and TIDAL.

mConnect supports standard DLNA not the OpenHome variant so may not work for some setups.

The BlueSound app has pretty good Qobuz support too but only works with BluOS-based hardware.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...