IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Norton said:

I’m in UK.

Lack of integration with Roon etc  is a barrier to adoption  for me, although I understand Bryston may be enabling Quobuz integration on the BDP.

Just looked at the shop.  What level of % discount do you get on downloads with Sublime+?

And is this the case both for HiRes and RBCD downloads?

Here download pricing for this morning's Qobuz topcharts - downloads & streaming - all in Euro.

Artist  Album Redbook HighRez Sublime
Qobuz Charts Downloads        
Muse Simulation Theory (Deluxe) 17,49 20,49 13,49
The Beatles  White Album [Super Deluxe] 83,99 136,99 68,49
Dead Can Dance Dionysus 11,99 16,49 8,49
The Beatles The Beatles 27,99 38,99 19,49
Imagine Dragons Origins 14,99 21,49 10,99
Marianne Faithfull Negative Capability 13,49 15,99 10,49
Baxter Dury & Étienne de Crécy
 & Delilah Holliday
B.E.D 7,49 10,49 5,49
Steven Wilson Home Invasion: In Concert
At The Royal Albert Hall
21,99 30,99 15,49
Eagles Legacy 33,99 39,99 25,99
Eric Bibb Global Griot 10,99 14,99 7,49
Qobuz Charts Streaming         
Cat Power Wanderer 7,99 11,99 7,99
Christine And The Queens Chris 11,99 17,99 11,99
Hélène Grimaud Memory 14,99 21,49 10,99
Víkingur Ólafsson Johann Sebastian Bach 14,99 21,49 10,99
Prince Piano & A Microphone 1983 14,99 17,49 11,49
Tony Bennett & Diana Krall
with the Bill Charlap Trio
Love Is Here To Stay 14,99 21,49 10,99
Shai Maestro The Dream Thief 16,49 23,49 11,99
John Lennon  Imagine - The Ultimate Collection 41,99          N.A.           N.A.
Tom Petty An American Treasure (Deluxe) 33,99 39,99 25,99
Angele Brol 14,99 21,49 10,99

Dirk

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2018 at 9:38 AM, ddetaey said:

Here download pricing for this morning's Qobuz topcharts - downloads & streaming - all in Euro.

Artist  Album Redbook HighRez Sublime
Qobuz Charts Downloads        
Muse Simulation Theory (Deluxe) 17,49 20,49 13,49
The Beatles  White Album [Super Deluxe] 83,99 136,99 68,49
Dead Can Dance Dionysus 11,99 16,49 8,49
The Beatles The Beatles 27,99 38,99 19,49
Imagine Dragons Origins 14,99 21,49 10,99
Marianne Faithfull Negative Capability 13,49 15,99 10,49
Baxter Dury & Étienne de Crécy
 & Delilah Holliday
B.E.D 7,49 10,49 5,49
Steven Wilson Home Invasion: In Concert
At The Royal Albert Hall
21,99 30,99 15,49
Eagles Legacy 33,99 39,99 25,99
Eric Bibb Global Griot 10,99 14,99 7,49
Qobuz Charts Streaming         
Cat Power Wanderer 7,99 11,99 7,99
Christine And The Queens Chris 11,99 17,99 11,99
Hélène Grimaud Memory 14,99 21,49 10,99
Víkingur Ólafsson Johann Sebastian Bach 14,99 21,49 10,99
Prince Piano & A Microphone 1983 14,99 17,49 11,49
Tony Bennett & Diana Krall
with the Bill Charlap Trio
Love Is Here To Stay 14,99 21,49 10,99
Shai Maestro The Dream Thief 16,49 23,49 11,99
John Lennon  Imagine - The Ultimate Collection 41,99          N.A.           N.A.
Tom Petty An American Treasure (Deluxe) 33,99 39,99 25,99
Angele Brol 14,99 21,49 10,99

Dirk

43 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

I've added Qobuz to my Roon Tidal set up to test it out. On hires 24/192 files I'm getting dropouts and skipping. MQA versions fair a bit better, but still skipping/stopping issues. There is nothing worse that a dropout or stopping in the middle of a track. In  years of using Tidal I didn't have that problem.

I've been hesitant to try Qobuz again as I tried it a few years ago and wasn't happy with service and response from Qobuz, but recent Roon integration and positive reports from others made me rethink. Doesn't bode well I'm afraid.

Anyone know if a more powerful processor is needed to handle the higher res files?

I am playing/streamin Derek & The Dominoes In Concert in 192kHz/24bit right now in Roon/Qobuz without problems.

In about 30 minutes I experienced 1 dropout, but that I have sometimes with 44kHz/16bit as well. (As well when streaming via Qobuz app)

Nothing to do with performance in my opinion

Dirk

15 minutes ago, luisma said:

I have qobuz installed on my laptop, phone and associated in roon. Yesterday around 1pm I was listening to qobuz content through roon, stopped around 1:30 pm and closed the roon app. Went out and around 4 pm tried to qobuz in the car, laptop at home was off and no one was using roon, I started getting constantly a message like "qobuz is a personal app and you cannot play simultaneously in several devices" is this may be a bug or known condition? How many devices can you have associated and / or possibly playing at the same time.?

You can have 3 devices associated and playing at the same time.

You can eventually try to clear the list of assosciated devices in Qobuz - My account - My settings - My devices . 

Devices will (re-)associate when you start playing .

see also Qobuz - Help - Help Center (left down the page)

Dirk

30 minutes ago, dmackta said:

Jeez guys really appreciate these posts. I know sometimes things aren’t as clear as they should be but you gotta know one key thing: it’s all about you, the audiophiles!  Our US team is 4 ppl and we make mistakes — but we are hustling 24-7 to give you the service you want! 

Written while listening to Beck Odelay on Qobuz. iPhone XS, Apple CCK, Audioquest Dragonfly Red, UE Pro RR — waiting on a corner for David Solomon so we can go get a quick sandwich. 

Nothing to do with Qobuz US as such, but just wanting to express my BIG thanks for the integration between Qobuz and Roon.

Your streaming SQ is really, and I really mean REALLY excellent, even at Redbook quality. integration with Roon, being able to bring albums in my library and have all the benefits - just think about lyrics as one example - and also on audioquality - I am  finally able to benefit from HQplayer upsampling/filtering.

I have a lifetime Roon subscription, I will keep subscribing with Qobuz all my life.

Dirk

P.S. Let this not prevent you to further improvements and innovations 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What did you tell your local record shop when they sold you an SACD created from 44.1 PCM files?

On the good side of things, they ‘introduced’ upsampling which was not much used, neither understood at that time. Most of the time it was (is) not easy to hear it was not real SACD.

Of course, there were indeed a lot of fake SACD’s brought to market, which of course fraudulous business practices.

Dirk

16 minutes ago, Ski Bum said:

I am a new U.S. beta hi-rez user of Qobuz, which I stream through Roon.  I am able to successfully stream most of the Qobuz hi-rez and redbook files, but occasionally I will run into an album that appears to be available for streaming from Qobuz but I get error messages in Roon (to the effect that the song is unavailable) when I try to stream it.  For example, the new Jenny Lewis album appears among the Qobuz new albums and I can add it to my Roon library, but the songs are unavailable when I try to stream them.  Is this  a U.S. licensing issue? 

That’s because the complete album will only be released on March 22nd.

Info readibily available in the download store of Qobuz.

Best to first check release date in such cases

Dirk

• 2 months later...

If there would be differences, how would we know?

As far as I am concerned , I am living in 1 country.

Most probably there are people that live in 2 countries, but again 1at the time.

And if those people would make use of Qobuz at these different homes, the chances are nill that they would listen to the same setup.

The telecom provider is by definition different.

Not wanting to offend you, but your question is really not relevant

Dirk

Hi Matthias

I do understand that Qobuz or Tidal or Spotify or .... can have different SQ due to different IT infrastructure in their own and/or rented datacenters. At the other hand, I am sure that either streaming company will make a lot of efforts to standardize their IT 8!frastructure, even if they will rent it as a service from e.g. AWS (Amazon).

Big part of the infrastructure delivering the goods(digital data) in your home, are the local telecom provider(s). Nothing the streaming companies can control.

The point I was trying to make is that I would not immediately think about moving from Belgium to e.g. France it Qobuz would be delivering better sound quality over there.

Dirk

Ry Cooder "Paris, Texas" is available at Qobuz in Belgium.

Bob Dylan "Oh Mercy" apparently has disappeared also in Belgium.

A couple of months ago, this album was even granted a Qobuz Discography 'label' (or award).  I know this for sure as I have tagged (and added) all Qobuz Discography albums to my library.

Now it is even not mentioned there anymore (search  and manual check of about 800 albums).

However, as I own this album, I still have it in my library .

Dirk

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Good question. 

Sorry, but this is one of the most stupid questions I have read on this forum.

Look at the Gartner Quadrant and you know why.  And if you do not know about the Gartner Quadrant, than please catch up before you ask IT-related questions.

image.thumb.png.a6e8a1a848a9811ceed99fa30ee91dd3.png

Dirk

I don't know whose infrastructure Qobuz is using.

But the question definitely suggested that Amazon was responsible for the downtime of Qobuz.

But Amazon would not have grown so succesfull, by far number 1 worldwide in providing webservices and cloud/server infrastructure, if they did not offer a more than excellent service.

Recognized by Gartner year in, year out as the market leader and visonair in this market.

And it is very well possible that a server(cloud) goes down, even at AWS, but there are contracts with uptime and service restore requirements.  Amazon would not be so succesfull with million of small and big companies in the world, if they did not honour these contracts. 

And again, I do not know if Qobuz makes use of AWS or not.

Dirk

If David Ceaff is informing eveybody that the Qobuz servers are down, and the first question starts with Uhmm.... What is the relationship between Qobuz and Amazon, this question is not really about whose infrastructure Qobuz is using.

And for the answer on the dumbest question, as you have good and personal relationship with David Craff, why don't you ask him.

And if I am still the stupiest asshole, well be my guest.

Dirk