IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

I don’t know if this is an API question, a question for Lumin or Quboz. 

I started my subscription with Quboz. It works excellent except that I have an issue with sorting favourites in Lumin U1 Mini. The appear to sort in a random order. I want them to be sorted in alphabetic order by Artist followed by Album Titel. This works with my own files but not with the favourites I selected in Lumin.

Is there a solution to this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, Ropet said:

I don’t know if this is an API question, a question for Lumin or Quboz. 

I started my subscription with Quboz. It works excellent except that I have an issue with sorting favourites in Lumin U1 Mini. The appear to sort in a random order. I want them to be sorted in alphabetic order by Artist followed by Album Titel. This works with my own files but not with the favourites I selected in Lumin.

Is there a solution to this?

@David Craff I repeat this question and hope for an answer. This worked with Tidal but obviously not with Quboz. At least not yet (which has been confirmed by Lumin). I hope you will look into this. Here’s how the random order looks today. (I had no answer from your customer support, unfortunately).

7E481944-5516-417A-A7EF-495444CBC975.thumb.png.d6866de6b250e1b4f233ba35272013be.png

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, hopkins said:

It's not rocket science. 

I agree, I think it is worse than that. There are open standards and closed ones an there are "thousands" of users/apps/programs and needs that should work and co-exist within the same frames that is available with all individual requests and needs. I have some respects to this. What is linked to Qobuz and not I don't know but I'm sure they work on the issues. They have my full support on this as the value of having real hi-res music files are higher than temporary hickups. 

I only use high res Qobuz in my HiFi gear via Lumïn app and from my android cellphone via bluetooth (MP3 or CD) in my garden and in my car. I can't see any differences between new and old app versions. Apparently there are many other ways to use it.

Lumïn had issues for years to run their app with Android. After trying on several Android plattforms I gave up and bought an iPad. This year Lumïn launched a new Android app and now it seems to work, at least for my need. 

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, 111MilesToGo said:

hints across the web that record companies currently are asking for more and improved piracy protection by the streaming sites - ”asking“ to be read as ”forcing“.

I'm not clear on what gear all this is about but I guess it is when people only use laptops or phones as their main equipment, or? I do so as well in my garden and in my car where I connect my phone (Sony Experìa 10 Android v11) over bluetooth for background music. So far not a single issue.

When talking to my friends that mainly stream over Lumïn, Aries, dCS, Innous, Marantz (with or without Roon) they have not experienced any drawbacks either. So I can't help thinking if there are special combinations with gear that are problematic. Or could it be that those brands I mention have extra features with "piracy protection"? If so I think we should be informed from the record companies and the streaming industry. If it is a new attempt of conspiracy theory and fake news, this should be condemned.

5 hours ago, OldHardwareTech said:

No matter what kind of copy protection that's developed someone will devise a method of bypassing it.

Auralic has already done this in their Aries serie. They call MQA high resolution of compressed MP3. They have no agreement with MQA but offer unfoldning their own way. I guess it is only the first fold like Roon. 

3 hours ago, Talisman said:

Please don't recommend that I contact Qobuz whenever a track or album or artist drops off the service. That would be my new full-time job!

I switched to Qobuz for two reasons. One is that I can’t accept MQA (”high res MP3” as some call it) and the other is that my music is better represented at Qobuz. When I left Tidal they had no or very few albums by Neil Young and Frank Zappa. (Maybe this have changes?) On Qobuz I found most of them and also in 24/96. 

As far as I understand it is the recordcompanies that provide albums to both Tidal and Qobuz, not the other way around. Maybe you should contact them? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, left channel said:

And I believe the UK prices are the same numbers with "£" in place of "$".

How are the prices presented in US today? When I lived there 2006-2008 the prices in US was always excluding taxes/VAT as they differs between states. In Europe prices should always include taxes/VAT on consumer level which normally are around 20-25 % in Europe that is added in all consumer goods and services. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, starace said:

Glad that it works fine for many.

When I reed the issues some have, I start wondering what the optimum solution for Qobuz connection is? Personally I run Qobuz via a router and an ethernet network to a Lumin U1Mini and then a dac, for streaming and from a NAS for my own files.

In my garden and in my car I stream from my cellphone via Bluetooth (up to 16/44,1 but in my car max MP3). I never hade any failures (yet). It should be interesting to se a flowchart from Qobuz what kind of option the software is build for. Can it also be regional differences? Most of my friends in Scandinavia has switched to Qobuz and we are surprised over the bad experiences some are facing. 

• 4 weeks later...

@David Craff Now Lumïn has added a very welcome feature where you can read the pdf booklet on the screen, se images below. At the same I notice that many albums do not include the booklet. Is that due to music companies do not include it or is that linked to your workload and selection?

Just curious to know for my understanding.

5B594952-6B64-4950-B9DB-0B1072B4EAE4.thumb.png.d6e55f6d79d41e81532e9a985612dbfc.png

BA964EE5-1B4A-4A1D-8EE7-285183CF89E3.thumb.png.8ac9c911fe7f0774ee008c4f2cfdcbb6.png

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, sevoflurane said:

Certainly, there are lots of reports of people purchasing downloads via Qobuz ending up with the same issue, whereas people who have bought downloads via HDTracks haven’t been affected.

HD Tracks is an American company, Qobuz is European. I’m not surprised if this could make difference just like it was before the dowload/streaming area with different masters and releases between continents, especially with vinyl but sometimes also CD’s.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I deleted half of my offline albums

Maybe this has impact. I never make any offline downloads in my iPad. I just use it for the Lumin app plus reading news and forums. I have no delays with Qobuz. It is like push play on a CD player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Talisman said:

10 minutes ago, Talisman said:

When anyone asks for an improvement of an issue (on an "Issues" thread, no less), a subset of people have to pop up and say that if you don't like it, go elsewhe

I understand that. When Qobuz started the stronghold was their catalogue of classical music and jazz. Since then they have become stronger also with more popular hit music but not in the same level as Spotify and Tidal. Quboz is also quite strong on local charts.

How much this is an effect of Quboz or an effect that music companies prefer the others, I can't say. Whatever reason, you can't win 'em all. Let's hope that Qobuz explains the situation instead of speculate.

One could also be upset on why only Qobuz go for real Hi-Res and Tidal for MQA. Its fine with me. I chose the one honoring HiRes.

• 1 month later...

I checked out the new feature My weekly Q today. Has it really gone live yet?

It seems the function is more ”artificial” then ”intelligence” so far. I buy and stream around 70% jazz, 25% classical and 5% ”others”. ”My Weekly Q” then recommend 1 classical and 1 jazz piece. The rest is completey out of my radar like proposals for Johnny Cash, Rammstein, Beyoncé and the likes. 

So far it gives no added value to me.

• 6 months later...