IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Thanks, they sent me the trial but I decided to pay the Sublime fee, since the catalog is not yet complete I cannot disconnect Tidal yet and will have to pay for both services, maybe I should contact support and ask them for maybe two months in trial and then jump into the subscription? I will give it a try, many of the tracks I have in Tidal are not in Qobuz yet.

Quality so far so good

I have qobuz installed on my laptop, phone and associated in roon. Yesterday around 1pm I was listening to qobuz content through roon, stopped around 1:30 pm and closed the roon app. Went out and around 4 pm tried to qobuz in the car, laptop at home was off and no one was using roon, I started getting constantly a message like "qobuz is a personal app and you cannot play simultaneously in several devices" is this may be a bug or known condition? How many devices can you have associated and / or possibly playing at the same time.?

It went away about 10 min after getting the message, during these 10 min I could not play and the message was repeated over and over again. I could have done the trial but decided to pay for sublime (which kind of I regret because I can use qobuz marginally in terms of content and I cannot cancel Tidal yet because of this , I should have done the trial and then switch over full subscription). So I guess you both @left channel and @ddetaey you are on sublime too as you are regulars on these threads, just checking to see if we are comparing apples to apples subscriptions wise (maybe the trial could have different kind of restrictions?)

Qobuz Support maybe because of the beta is not very responsive yet, I opened a ticket mentioning issues with content a few days ago and no answer yet, thanks to @dmackta for promptly answering here in this thread. The content issues could be also related to roon, money for nothing from brother in arms, played yesterday on my qobuz phone app did not played and skipped in roon selecting same qobuz album saying title was unavailable so I guess a few more things have to be polished. 

Met few of the qobuz team at Florida audio last Friday, some cool kid named Eric, nice guy, I mentioned very politely the MQA 2L issue and he asked me if I was part of the.... And I said "mob? No I'm not but I kind of disagree with the statement, he said qobuz stands behind their statement which is fair, anyways good to see some faces. Someone else David Solomon was also there demoing some content at the Mark Levinson room. 

11 minutes ago, left channel said:

glad it went away after 10 minutes. Odd that you didn't have more than 3 devices in rotation anyway. 

Just tested now simultaneous streaming phone and roon and works, funny I just received 5 minutes ago an email from support at qobuz, maybe they noticed my post? 

Just tested the content availability in qobuz app vs roon, definitely there is a problem, roon is behind somehow and cannot play much content, I will post screenshots here 

Show was small, 6 floors at about 6 to 8 exhibitors per floor, mostly local dealers with cost effective and more expensive rooms side by side. Since this is Florida and there is a lot of apartments and small space housing most exhibitors were showing small speakers, bookshelves etc. 

My impressions. 

There were impressive rooms with good sound, Martin Logan / Parasound and VAC /Von Schweikert audio, these were the bigger rooms and more expensive as well but by comparison and IMO However and it may have been the content been played the Mark Levinson room demoing JBLs Classic L100 in a tiny room by comparison sounded amazing, I think his name is Dave not sure with Mark Levinson he was playing good content and maybe the impression was there. 

At RMAF one good sound was Paradigm with the persona bookshelves and Anthem, they were at Florida as well but instead the bookshelves they demoed the big towers (go figure different than the others) sound was very good as usual. 

Nola open baffle brio Quattro very good sound. 

The most impressive room for the money and convenience (and please don't get the pitchforks out) Vanatoo, these little speakers with their built in dac and class d amp and sub output with automatic xover project some sound for people on a budget. I know we won't be replacing our systems but I think I will get a pair for bedroom and terrace use. Very good unexpected sound. 

The spendor audio a7 (little spendor) was very good as well 

So my favorites were mark levinson jbl, paradigm anthem , spendor a7 with vpi and creek audio and definitely vanatoo 

By the way the spendor was auditioned with a mono cartridge and I wasn't missing stereo at all 

Sorry for the long description 

So this is money for nothing playing on the app, notice the remaster image all good 

Then search on roon with 2 Tidal versions 1 qobuz version 

When trying to play fails, notice the image of the album is different so what's going on? Am I doing something wrong? 

Very frustrated because I cannot play through roon and as stated still rely on Tidal having paid a sublime sub 

Screenshot_20190210-131935_Roon.thumb.jpg.9e075b3d52b25beaab8af128b0b07345.jpg

Screenshot_20190210-131833_Qobuz.jpg

Screenshot_20190210-131858_Roon.jpg

Screenshot_20190210-131922_Roon.jpg

Well there is something odd with the Qobuz / Roon integration definitely, Qobuz has no answered my ticket yet and I have not seen comments here from Qobuz related personnel either. 

I received today acceptance into the beta program for another account I have created, so I have 2 accounts, one US Sublime PAID account and one US Beta Trial account.

As before my paid account shows the Brothers in Arms NON remastered thumbnail

image.png.3383e092a3939fd5c90a10527ce89ee2.png

Logged off and logged back on with the US trial account

Shows the right thumbnail

image.png.e28aacc394004c7040f1f6a5587a41dd.png

But it won't play Money for Nothing.

Added the album to my library

Switched back to the paid subscription

Album is not longer on my library but now on the search it shows the Remastered thumbnail and it plays, same account, same software, same app, just 3 min of difference

There is something different about the BETA and the PAID subscription in terms of content etc. could be Roon's interaction with Qobuz too.

I just hope I am not spending my "money for nothing"

To be honest it all points to a Roon integration, the Qobuz App in regards to content shows the right content.

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

This issue were I cannot use qobuz from my phone started again, I played a song on my phone with no issues 1/2 hour ago, then got in the car Bluetooth connected and tried to play another song and qobuz won't let me thinking there is another device playing, any of you experiencing this issue? 

I cannot use it, this is ridiculous 

Screenshot_20190221-101303_Qobuz.jpg

1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

@luisma please be more patient and stop making comments like 'this is ridiculous'- just go to the ROON support/community page and see the problems there with Qobuz integration which I think it is basically from ROON's end( especially my particular issues(s))

So, if you are having bluetooth/carplay problem with listening to Qobuz listen to some other streaming service for a while(I am sure you have more than just Qobuz or listen to Sirius) and stop making hurtful comments to @dmackta or @David Craff who are both doing a yeoman's(yoepersons) job getting this all to work to everybody's satisfaction

bobbmd

@bobbmd I have no problems being patient, if the issue is known and acknowledged as I reported it before, if that's the case of course I can wait. I totally understand launching a new service like this and supporting it is very challenging, I have been 40 years in the IT industry.

Note the issue I particularly had with Roon went away and I totally opened a ticket with Roon and requested Qobuz support to close the ticket as the Qobuz app was just working good. And on this post I myself stated it was a Roon's issue not Qobuz.

This repeated issue I have (and the reason I mentioned ridiculous for the frustration of the moment no meaning to "hurt" any hyper sensitivities) happens with only one device with the Qobuz app installed (not Roon), an offline playlist (the song is on my phone not even streaming), played from the phone through the phone speaker is just fine, connected to bluetooth (without any other device playing etc) it says the service is personal. That's why I mentioned the bluetooth as it may provide a hint into something specific and help troubleshooting (maybe not?).

I don't know where you are getting that I am making "direct" and "hurtful" comments to @dmackta or @David Craff, if I referenced an issue before (from what I recall) it was in a proper and polite way and on this thread, which last time I checked is to discuss these issues. This is public site and we (all) have to abide by the rules, we are not here for picking fights or wasting our or someone else's time. As a matter of fact the only direct addressing I have was here to @dmackta and was actually thanking him.

Last but not least, your condescend comment of listening to other service or Sirius is completely out of place here, we are not acquaintances you and I and if I do have or not other services that is my own business not yours or anyone else's.

image.gif

8 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

@luisma

I wonder if the issue that you are running into is due to Qobuz servers thinking that it is a different device based on the IP address (wireless connection at home and mobile connection in car).  Do you stop playback before getting in your car and driving away?  I have not run into the issue that you have run into but I have seven devices listed under my Qobuz account (all created on 2/17 when I deleted my UK eval account and recreated it on US servers) and I only have 3 devices that I use (LMS, Phone and Desktop).

Well what you are saying makes perfect sense, I actually disconnected the wireless and got in the car so the phone switched IP. It was not playing at that time during the disconnect. In both instances (WIFI and 4G) the content was offline content but of course the app still goes online for control etc. But since they confirmed it is a known issue I don't see any reason to post anything else here related to that. Thanks for the tip. I will try it regardless.