IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

The Qobuz plug-in for LMS (Logitech Media Server) is working really well! I get full Hi-Res streaming to the limits of all devices on my network, features like discovery and PDF booklets are well integrated, and it includes solid French to English and German localization. 

Just go to the Plug-ins tab in Settings and click the Qobuz box, then click Apply and restart. After restart go to Settings > Advanced tab > Qobuz (in the menu) and enter your login info. 

I enjoy exploring with the official Qobuz app and look forward to completion of the UPnP feature, but I'm very happy with this plug-in for LMS. Apparently Qobuz provides good documentation for Michael, Pierre, and other third-party devs.

Qobuz-LMS.thumb.jpg.5b1e9c2c953a567a3cbcd0656861b10a.jpg

qobuz-booklet-1.thumb.jpg.45985d38ca0d5bf32c84f28e354f4f39.jpg

Squeezer-Qobuz-NewRel-400px.thumb.jpg.be29495c1a39164658d2e1fb53a0a7c3.jpg

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

25 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

LC... I have one in a closet somewhere. So glad you tried this out and thanks for the report. Still upset about Logitech would have just left Slim Devices alone... Why buy a great company and kill it?

They bought Slim about nine months before the first iPhone. Then everything changed. Logitech is a mass-market company, and that wasn't going to happen anymore. But it is very much appreciated that they have maintained LMS and the online service, and continue to dedicate one full-time engineer, even as much of the user base has swapped Squeezeboxes for ultraRendus, hi-fi Raspberry Pi projects, and other non-Logitech gear that still relies on their software and services.

I have a mix here: 

•  LMS: SGC microJukebox

•  Players: Squeezebox Duet, Squeezebox Touch (two), ultraRendu, Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X

•  Control apps: Android Squeezer, Win Squeezelite-X

7 hours ago, jacobacci said:

Raspberry Pi / PiCorePlayer

Using a Raspberry Pi with PiCorePlayer as the renderer (plugged into SPDIF1) solves the gapless issue for Qobuz and NAS source, but sound quality is mediocre.

5 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Also, piCorePlayer uses Squeezelite (a Squeezebox type streamer) as its network audio file player, so is not a UPnP/DLNA renderer. Squeezebox players are incompatible with UPnP/DLNA and use their own mechanism for gapless playback support - therefore have nothing to do with the SetNextAVTransportUri UPnP AVTransport action.

4 hours ago, jacobacci said:

Thanks also for your clarification re. PiCorePlayer. I tested that one with SqueezeCtrl so I stayed within the Squeezebox Ecosystem.

I am getting excellent sound quality from Qobuz via the Squeezbox ecosystem, with best results out of an ultraRendu connected to a DAC via USB. I suspect a hardware upgrade may help, and am wondering if you've tried adding an Allo DigiOne S/PDIF board to your RasPi or swapping in other endpoints. An Allo Usbridge for example.

I'm getting a bit off-topic though, sorry. The piCorePlayer distro and all things squeezy have their own forum over on the forums.slimdevices.com site. The main takeaway here should be is that Qobuz works well in Squeezeworld, and as I reported above does not even require the Qobuz app.

Back on topic, @jacobacci your tests are fascinating and very much appreciated. The Qobuz app's local network streaming beta is still very much a beta, and I understand why David prefers that it be removed for now.

On 8/9/2018 at 2:40 PM, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

I totally get it... If there's a button, it will be tried. If the button says beta, it will still be tried and people will see first hand why it's listed as beta...

At this point, I've asked the engineers to remove it until it's ready for prime time.

My recommendation: Don't use the UPnP/DLNA and expect it to work well.

Back on topic: Qobuz has a new logo and a new color scheme across all apps.

qobuz-new-logo.png

Some users report problems with the iOS app. Android seems OK but I don't use all the features there. My Windows app is behaving normally.

The DLNA / UPnP beta is still in there tantalizing me with a list of all my devices, but no joy even with MPD on the ultraRendu. They all receive track metadata from Qobuz, but no audio.

@jhwalker I don't expect they'll add it to the mobile apps. That would be great though. For now, I'm surprised the desktop app is seeing my Squeezeboxes at all, and seeing my ultraRendu in both Squeezelite and MPD modes.

When I try to play to any one of them it seems all devices receive the metadata, but no sound. Probably LMS is confusing the heck out of the Qobuz app. It does clearly see the ultraRendu as different devices when I switch it from Squeezelite to MPD, though I've had to restart the Qobuz app so that it will rescan.

Anyway as David said this is a beta and they really should remove it, and I say they should instead actively solicit self-selected users to sign up for the beta. Meanwhile, let us know if your iOS app made it through the update OK. 

1 hour ago, Em2016 said:

Surely they will.

Spotify Connect type functionality is the standard here - cast to endpoints (UPnP and Chromecast for Qobuz) from all devices that support the native app.

Happy to be corrected on that. In fact, in the latest Android update there is a cast icon in the now playing band near the lower right of this screen, though it is grayed out here:

1.thumb.png.407cdf6196baf0a57dc6c7cfe22a83ea.png

And circled in red on this shot of the expanded now playing screen is a new icon:

2.thumb.png.0626c37b56f8cfd88b32e5a8dea26334.png

Clicking that icon brings up the following screen. I see nothing there at this time (even though the desktop app sees my Squeezebox and MPD devices, and the Android YouTube app can cast to my TiVo boxes), but "hope springs eternal"! 

3.thumb.png.39e31e728981a3b70bbebb9d1baf4439.png

25 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

I understand that it is beta, but how many folks are really trying to use UPnP functionality from the desktop app?  In my mind as long as the release notes says the functionality is beta, I would not remove it from the desktop app and collect feedback.  I guess I am a lot more patience with stuff under beta and testing/providing feedback. If it does not work report the exact test scenario so Qobuz can recreate and start enjoying the music the normal way, until the next client update ?.

OK but then they should place a feedback link right there in the same menu. And that goes double for the mobile apps, because most users don't email their comments to the developers: they communicate while posting a bad rating in the store. Sad but true.

In fairness the Tidal cast feature doesn't see my devices either, although I'm clear Tidal only works with Chromecast devices and I have none of those. Maybe that is the plan for the Qobuz mobile apps too? In that case I'm back to my original opinion, kinda sorta: no full DLNA/UPnP support. (The YouTube mobile app works with the YouTube apps in my smart TVs and TiVo boxes, btw.)

2042868276_4-Tidal.thumb.png.0369eb0aba6fc105ff1fbf265c1506a2.png

3 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Exactly, that's the reason.

If mConnect and Bubble UPnP can work out how to play to UPnP endpoints from mobile apps, I'm sure Qobuz can work it out. Especially since @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist has said UPnP support will be fixed, I can't imagine it would be difficult for Qobuz to make this feature working for both desktop and mobile apps.

I hope so. Again, "hope springs eternal"!  ?

47 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Question for the folks who have being using Qobuz for awhile.  Can you let me know how I can configure Qobuz to continue playing similar songs/artist once the last song in a playlist has ended.  Looking for something similar to what Spotify does when playlist ends or what Deezer does with Flow.  I use the Spotify functionality to discover new music and I cannot seem to find how to do that under Qobuz.

For those using LMS (Squeezebox Server), the Don't Stop the Music / LastMix plugin may be able to do this with Qobuz. However in the official Qobuz apps, right now the Qobuz-created Playlists may be the closest you'll get.

I'd be willing to bet they'll eventually create something like Spotify Autoplay or the artist-themed Radio features on other services. Maybe they haven't focused on that yet because the current core user base seems very particular — almost obsessive — about what music plays next.  (I resemble that remark. ? )

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Ahh, OK, I somehow have got a picture that Qobuz application would have UPnP capabilities. I know BubbleUPnP works with when used with Tidal, so Qobuz will likely work too.

One user did get HQPlayer partially working:

On 8/26/2018 at 8:04 AM, shadowlight said:

I am still seeing the option under mine and I am seeing HQPlayer Embedded based renderer and upmpdcli/mpd.

I have gotten it to work with HQPlayer Embedded but right now it only plays one song at at a time.  It is having a hard time sending the subsequent song from playlist.  I have not sat down and collected logs to forward to support, since David has said that the team is busy with US launch.  I will wait after the launch to run some debugging sessions and provide feedback.

David asked the dev team to withdraw the UPnP beta it until it's ready. It disappeared from my desktop app, but some are still seeing it. Maybe it just knows my devices aren't supported (an ultraRendu in MPD/DLNA mode, and several Squeezeboxes).

On 9/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, buonassi said:

Sux for me.  I've put a lot of time into organizing artists, albums, playlists, etc in Tidal.

That time was not wasted: https://soundiiz.com/

I haven't tried it, but Soundiiz supports transfer of playlists, artists, albums, and tracks between these services.

Many thanks to @shadowlight for mentioning the Soundiiz service here (and to @The Computer Audiophile for merging these threads so I could find it again).