IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

6 hours ago, austinpop said:

+1000

The current support is painful. Not only are public playlists not searchable by key word, you can't just take an URL like the above and paste it into Roon or even the Qobuz app! You have to navigate the URL in a browser, then select Play in Qobuz, then in the Qobuz app, "heart" it, and only then does it show up in your playlists in Roon. Eventually - whenever Roon next syncs with Qobuz. 9_9

<sarcasm>

Could Qobuz please make this a little more convoluted? The above is just too easy to do.

</sarcasm>

Wow you found a way to do that.  I had not!  I was using the playlist converter website... 

• 4 months later...

Qobuz Download tarball does not contain the album art you have to download that separately.

I know that this is a small thing but I am trying to automate the backup of these for myself and others.  Not having a single file is odd and annoying.

I am interested in the fact that the downloads are compressed into .tar files.  Not something that most consumers are familiar with.  But it works for me.

Oh and for grins the files app on iPadOS 13.1 will copy the tarball to a SMB share and uncompressed it.

RJF

• 2 weeks later...

A bunch of folks were making assumptions about QOBUZ outages a few days ago.  Here is some real data and "My assumptions from that data"!

First the email:

Dear MyVolumio user,
This is to inform that we released an emergency update to restore QOBUZ Functionality.

What happened:
On friday 20th QOBUZ contacted us to notify the would temporarily suspend our API access. This was due to a particular search string that caused malfunctions on their infrastructure. They required us to make an urgent change on our implementation, which we did the same day. 

On Monday 23rd however, they communicated instead that they were issuing a new API key for Volumio, in order to restrict access to old Volumio clients.
This means that existing users would not be able to access QOBUZ until they update to a new version with this new API key.

Solution:
To restore QOBUZ functionality, simply update to latest Volumio version. Then log-out and log-in in QOBUZ.

We are sorry about this inconvenience and we did all that we could to solve the matter with the least disruption on your side.
Thanks again for being a MyVolumio user!

Enjoy the music
The Volumio Team

and the release notes:

1985913521_ScreenShot2019-09-27at3_30_19PM.png.7ef043b5a2600967877c92032060ff43.png

SO Bob's Guess.  I am betting on software bugs.

This  tells me something SQL injected them and caused an outage..  Now was that intentional or human error?  I am also going out on a limb and guessing that the bug might not be fixed yet  as they are asking vendors to not send them "certain search strings".  

My Prediction:   Watch for an "announced server outage" in the future.

RJF. (CISM, CISSP --- Retired)

Now back to listening to music!

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Jud said:

Perhaps the upmpdcli problem is related to what @bobfa mentions above? I don't know this, but just wondering.

@Jud may be on to something....

Maybe just maybe.  Hanlon's Razor applies here:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Or Bob's Corollary:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by lack of software testing!

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

• 3 weeks later...

Qobuz operations on the iPad hampered by the way that the website tries to open links.   (I am using IOS 13 on an iPad Pro)

I use the iPad as a primary computer and I have been frustrated with the Qobuz website so I started testing today to see what the problems are.  The site is using pop-up windows in multiple places.  I have had pop-ups blocked on web browsers for  a decade.  Most of the time they are junk in my face.    So I went into settings on the iPad and Safari and turned the pop-up blocker off.  

I wanted to favorite  Rajiv’s playlist from his dCS Bartok review so I could listen to it in Roon and I could not do that.  Here is a video that shows how it works with the blocker off.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, nemick said:

I started the promotional free month yesterday. I am unable to launch the desktop app on either my mac mini or my macbook Pro. I have the latest version of Catalina on both. Downloads fine but when trying to launch I get the message "Unable to check application for malicious software. Please contact app developer" Anyone know if there is a work around for this? I can use the web player, but it's a bit glitchy.

Thanks

Neil M.

Means that the app has not been updated for Catalina.  You can bypass gatekeeper by right clicking on the app in the finder and selecting open.

7 hours ago, jacobacci said:

I have been trying to get Amarra 4.3.510 to stream Qobuz correctly on a MacMini 2018. At samplerates >48kHz streaming cannot keep up with the music and stuttering sets in within seconds. I do not have this issue when streaming from NAS.

Is the Qobuz team aware of this? As the issue only happens with Qobuz, it is likely that customers will come to the conclusion that Qobuz is at fault here (which I do not believe is the case).

Just trying to help with debugging? —— What do the folks at Sonic Studios who supply Amarra have to say about this?  Does the Qobuz App on the Mac do the same thing?   I would think that Sonic Studios would be interested in the problem Also.

1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

@dmackta : @Damien78 answered me at A+3 community support(@Damien3) he was befuddled also-- tried few things he suggested defrag debug etc but PROBLEM SOLVED(I hope): it wasn't my 'system' per se or A+3 it was my internet carrier Spectrum(they serve the NYC area also and are a real PIA)  they had to reboot my modem and I fiddled with both their WiFi and my Apple Time Capsule WiFi shutting them on/off at Spectrums suggestion and Viola instant relief A+3 loaded Qobuz and played Qobuz with all my playlists-- I was also having problems with Qobuz on my desktop app and in ROON and ALL is back to normal.

BTW if you get complaints similar to mine tell people to visit their internet provider that may be the problem not you guys-- BTW also ROON even improved--- all my Qobuz playlists and my access to Qobuz vastly improved BUT they remain sooo slow in loading/starting and their support unlike YOU and Damien is like"... forget it Jake, it's Chinatown"

best wishes and continued success

bobbmd

You should also try changing from the isp provided DNS to Google, openDns, cloud flare, etc. 

9 hours ago, JMD54 said:

Bob

If Spectrum has followed Xfinity's lead and you are using their supplied router or gateway the ability to change the DNS in their setup menu may have been removed. I discovered this a couple of years ago when mine needed to be replaced and the ability to go back to an independent DNS had been removed.

What is the exact model number of the Xfinity box you cannot DNS?  I am VERY interested.

10 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@bobfa @The Computer Audiophile someone suggested that at ROON to compensate for their slowness and loss of services/need to resign in and length of time it takes for albums to play etc but I am hesitant to change at this point but thanks for the idea---Spectrum is awful cost wise horrible redundant cable stations etc but their tech people are fantastic and always come through(always speak to an american usually somewhere in the south or midwest) plus changing DNS worries me because of my electronic med records just too old and set in my ways to try a change like that.

But as I said for now my problem is fixed and only thing that remains is the minutes it takes ROON to load and sync my libraries and A+3 is perfect again as is Qobuz.

@bobbmd

I will have to write up something to de-mystify the DNS setting.   This is something that you can ?NORMALLY? Change about your network.  Changing DNS is a very very good tool in your toolbox.  This is nothing to be feared.  

2 hours ago, JMD54 said:

Bob 

Mine is a  Arris TG1682G.

All of this is off-topic on this thread.  ISPs are monetizing your DNS and more.

@bobfa solves this problem by “spending $$”. I purchase my own modem and build my own network.  I subscribe to business class service that is unlimited. (Xfininity anyway).  No more Twilight Zone!  “We control the Horizontal”

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2019 at 3:54 PM, LBob said:

I just signed up for Qobuz streaming (Studio Premier) and I am impressed with the service. My download days may be numbered. However, I have had one problem that I cannot resolve. I am using a Mac Mini with A+ and using the A+ Remote on my IPad as a controller. When I try to search on the A+ Remote app I get results for my local files but nothing for Qobuz. The search function works just fine when I try with the A+ program on my Mac Mini and I can locate Qobuz content with no problem. Tracks play fine using the A+ Remote and controls (pause, stop etc) also function fine.

I keep thinking I'm missing something obvious on the A+ Remote app, but for the life of me I can't find it.

I guess I am confused.  When you tap the search icon on the remote app.  There are buttons for Local, and in my case Qobuz and Tidal

6678E1D8-18F8-4C7B-9654-EF38F92D2548.thumb.png.7eb23218bd0ca490e08a00de17bdc204.png

• 2 weeks later...