IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

32 minutes ago, jacobacci said:

I have recently upgraded my (France) sublime subscription to sublime +. Not quite out of free will, but because Qobuz is cancelling the sublime product and will only have Studio and sublime+ going forward, both of which are more expensive than sublime was. So I now have the pleasure of paying 50% more for my subscription. In return I can now stream hires albums in hires, without purchasing them first. So far so good.

Until I tried to stream 24/96 through my Google Chromecast Audio. Looking through this thread, the Chromecast issues at 96kHz seem to be a widely known issue. Gapless playback using Chromecast is also not possible (I know there are technical hurdles. They have been described in Qobuz' answers to customers' questions).

DLNA in the Qobuz app has been declared Beta. Ok.

Google Chromecast Audio has NOT. Customers expect Chromecast to work without issues.

It does seem strange to me that:

- Roon manages to stream to Google Chromecast Audio at 96kHz without issues and to stream gapless. Whatever Roon do in RoonCore to enable this, Qobuz would be able to do in the server that originates the Qobuz stream.

- Qobuz does neither, yet treats Chromecast like a fully supported endpoint. No indication on the website that there are issues. 

This really makes me feel like an RGU (revenue generating unit), not a customer. But I guess that is what we are increasingly becoming.

Can someone enlighten me, if there is a target date, by when the Google Chromecast Audio issues will be fixed? I cannot imagine this to be rocket science. After all, Roon can do it.

The issue would go away, if the integration of Qobuz into Roon would finally become a reality. Instead the integration has become a constantly moving phantom.

Pity.

Chromecast Audio. You get what you pay for. ‘Nuf said

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, bobh3501 said:

I just got into the Beta yesterday and it worked great with Roon.  I spend some time yesterday looking to replace Tidal albums with Qobuz.  Only learning curve was figuring out how to get ALL favorites selected in Qobuz app to appear in Roon Library.  I know they say that they are still in the process of getting rights in the US but I still have a few hundred Tidal albums that are not on Qobuz - I guess a switch will involve keeping both services active for an extended time.  It sounds great - but I thought CD quality on Tidal sounded great too.  Is there a date/target for the full release?  I don't want to lose the work I put into building Qobuz favorites during the beta.

‘Target date is Velentine’s day next week.

Tidal albums to Qobuz: use Soundiiz for four bucks

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

It's also strange to me considering how popular the genre is in Europe and Qobuz has been available there for quite some time.  Metal fans are big on buying media to support bands, so it makes since to lure them in for downloads.  It's there, just needs visibility.

Totally agree! Every other streaming service has Metal as a separate Genre. Even Tidal. What is Qobuz thinking?

9 minutes ago, dmackta said:

Hey guys David Solomon and I are reading this stuff while we have a celebratory beer after another 16 hour day. I wanted to have Metal as a genre for US launch, of course! But we are a tiny team and do not have the resources to properly curate a metal section. Remember with Qobuz it is about the original content etc so its a big job. However - it is probably the next to be added! 

‘Awesome! That would be great! Thank you 

• 8 months later...

I resubscribed to Qobuz after a few months since I cancelled. A few observations from my perspective:

1 - No improvements in catalog. Whatever I was missing back then, it is still missing. 20% of my Tidal library approximately, is not in Qobuz.

2 - What’s new weekly refresh is still the same. Lacking compared to Tidal

3 - Still no separate category for Metal. I contacted Qobuz then, and obviously went to the wrong ear. Or maybe not the target customer group

14 minutes ago, bobfa said:

So what is missing that is in Tidal.  If you can tell them what is not there they might be able to help!  Just and idea.....

‘Sure. I went over the first 100 albums on my Tidal favorites. Here are the 18 missing from Qobuz:

Karen and the Sorrows - The names of things

The Lumineers - III

Ben Glover - Shorebound

Luke Sital-Singh - A Golden State

Lowland Hum - Thin

Lowland Hum - Self Titled album

Molly Tuttle - When You’re Ready

Israel Nash - Israel Nash’s Rain Plans

Rod Picott / Amanda Shires - Sew your Heart with Wires

Simone Felice - Strangers

Rickie Lee Jones - Self Titled

Sara K. - Hell or High Water

Ingrid Michaelson - Everybody 

Peter Bradley Adams - A Face Like Mine

Kari Bremnes - Det vi har

Spain - The Soul of Spain

Lucy Rose - Like I Used To

Rocky Votolato - Sawdust and Shavings

P.S. I am in USA

7 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

And that's no small detail, different albums, in different resolutions, are available in different regions of the world (or not), due to region restrictions imposed by the record labels.

We can all thank the idiot record label suits and their legal teams for that mess, one they will never likely be able to rectify.

I understand that. And it’s out of my control. I was merely pointing out that these are my Tidal albums missing on Qobuz. Same country.

I only checked first 100 albums on my Tidal library. I am sure there are more in the rest of my Tidal library. I will do a full inventory in the next few weeks. I may keep both Tidal and Qobuz for a year

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I find the lack of the following two distinctly separate genres under Qobuz categories pathetic:

1) Folk / Americana

2) Metal

I have requested these a few times since back in November 2018. I get the usual “will add to the list of requested features “, and nothing has happened

1 minute ago, bobbmd said:

couldn't disagree more with you about folk/americana

Every single streaming service has Folk / Americana as a separate genre. Including Tidal. To say they can all be lumped in Country, is simply wrong

How hard is for Qobuz to implement such simple changes?

27 minutes ago, mourip said:

Are you located in the US? I do not think that Qobuz had even gone live in the US in 2018. Perhaps Qobuz is still negotiating access to those niches? Do you know of another streaming service that has better coverage?

By the way you might get better results by not using words like "pathetic" when asking for help. Just a suggestion...

I was among those who got one of those Society codes for USA. Pretty sure it was around November 2018. I may be wrong.

And you are right about the use of “pathetic”. I should not have used.

@bobbmd You are absolutely right. My bad. Apologies