IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 2/3/2020 at 10:29 PM, Jud said:

Hi Sal. Yes, it does bit perfect, hi res, and at least with Ubuntu and similar Debian-based distress, no problem avoiding Pulse and using ALSA.

Jud,  could you elaborate a bit on your last statement?  Provide some guidance/ suggestions maybe? (offline message if necessary)

I am unable to get 24/ 96 sampling from Qobuz Studio (only 16/ 44.1 thru Google Chrome web player or Nuvola Qobuz app... both sound really good) to my i7-6700k Linux Ubuntu 18.04 music server > Gustard DAC. I can successfully upsample to DSD256 or 24/ 192 from HQPlayer 4.3 desktop. If I connect a Windows 10 laptop w/ Qobuz app, I can get 24/96 using exclusive mode.

I worked yesterday on tweaking Pulse Audio per the attached link, but still only getting 16/ 44.1:

• 4 weeks later...

After 30 day trial period expired yesterday, I took the plunge & purchased an annual subscription to Qobuz Studio.

I posted in this thread a couple weeks ago & submitted request to Qobuz support, but no luck so far to address this issue:

I am unable to get 24/ 96 sampling from Qobuz Studio (only 16/ 44.1 thru Google Chrome web player or Nuvola Qobuz app to my i7-6700k Linux Ubuntu 18.04 music server). I have tried both Wi-Fi & ethernet hard-wired to no avail. If I connect a Windows 10 laptop w/ Qobuz app, I can play 24/96 using exclusive mode.

Any suggestions/ recommendations?  I appreciate the help.

12 hours ago, Jud said:

Looks like you're correct. With up to 24/192 resolution selected in settings, the light on my iFi micro-iDSD shows green whether a 24/96 resolution recording is playing (correct for 44.1 through 96kHz resolution) or 24/192 (incorrect, should be yellow).

Edit: Well now this is interesting. Same (green light playing 24/192 when it should be yellow) with officially supported Windows Qobuz app on my desktop. And I checked the DAC with 24/192 from another software player, and got the correct yellow light.

Thank you Jud for testing. Can you provide some clarification re: iFi micro iDSD indication light? If I understand your findings correctly:

If you play a 44.1kHz file: lights up green

If you play a 96kHz file it lights up green

If you play a 192kHz file it lights up green (should be yellow if locked-in properly)

Since you indicated that Qobuz files light up green, then how do you know it's not playing 44.1kHz?

I ask this since when I use the Nuvola apps Runtime, my DAC reads-out 44.1kHz for hi-res albums even though 24/192 max listening quality is selected.

Thanks Jud. Much appreciated. I really like the Nuvola apps Runtime that you recommended in an earlier post. Qobuz sounds great @ 16/ 44.1 kKz, but I want to pursue hi res options if possible.Qobuz Hi res sounds great on my laptop Win10 if I connect it to the main system, but Linux Ubuntu is preferred OS on my music server (have dual booted before, but not interested in that again).

My Linux knowledge is limited. I have tried a couple things so far, but no luck yet. Most revolve around this theme:

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/improving-linux-audio-updated/134511

The ALSA/ PulseAudio stuff is a head scratcher. Ran suggested a couple things to try.  If I have any success, I will be sure to let you know.

• 4 months later...

What is the minimum computer hardware requirements to stream Qobuz high resolution files in Windows 10?

I am unsuccessfully trying to stream Qobuz 24/ 96 high resolution files through an Intel mini PC Atom x5-z8350 1.44 ghz base w/ 1.92gHz burst, 4 cores/ 4 threads, 2mb cache, 2 gb Ram, 32 gb storage, Windows 10 older 1607 version (due to 32gb storage), ethernet wired connection (rest of system listed below).  Qobuz Windows 64 bit App indicates not responding, & Web player results in 48k when Wasapi Exclusive Mode selected. What is the limiting factor here, 2gb memory?

Thanks left channel. I can also successfully run the Qobuz Windows app on my i7-6700k, but currently have a server/ NAA set-up.

I know that I need something more powerful than the Atom mini pc, but was hoping that a low watt NUC7PJYH w/ 4gb memory might do the trick. From your similar quad core Celeron experience, looks like that won't work for me either.

I'm 6 mos. into a 1 yr. Qobuz Studio subscription. Based on my struggles thus far, & due to lack of a Linux app, I seriously doubt that I will be renewing it.

Thanks for the promising suggestion Ran! I am unfamiliar with OpenHome, but will definitely experiment with it this week, esp. since I have an iphone & older iPad2 that I could utilize. Do you have preferred OS & apps that you use w/ OpenHome?

Would be a nice detour from my last 2 rabbit holes of dual booting i7-6700k music server in order to use Windows 10 Pro for Qobuz hi res streaming (primary boot: Linux Ubuntu 18.04 to achieve HQPlayer DSD256 ext2 7EC. Then I moved the server to another room & added the Win 10 Network Audio Adapter to the DAC...

Many thanks to all 😃  I installed OpenHomePlayer on the Win 10 mini pc/ renderer. Linn Kazoo & Lumin installed on iPhone X (prefer Linn Kazoo). Success, but Qobuz 24/96 music selections still play as 16/44.1 on DAC (OpenHomePlayer app has no adjustments, just "Open" only). Great to have Qobuz control w/ the iPhone vs. navigating on 50" plasma display (part of HT set-up).

Thank @left channel. I had bookmarked that hifizine link this morning, & downloaded the BubbleUPnP Server on the mini PC, but couldn't get it going (got hung up on the media renderer details). Diagram shows it to be installed on music server. May fiddle w/ it so more later.

Thanks for the good info @Cebolla ! I downloaded the Audiophile UPnP earlier today, but it was missing a couple .dll files (cause it's 32 bit instead of 64 bit I think).  Will dig deeper into that option tomorrow. 👍