IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

9 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Not sure where you got the idea of the whole playlist/album being involved, anyway - standard UPnP only ever deals with the current audio file track for playback, plus the 'luxuary' of having to also start streaming next audio file track before the current one has finished playing if gapless is supported.

Ironically, it's precisely those applications that are examples of UPnP controllers that do proxy the audio file track streams when they are sourced from online music services.

Cebolla, your answer seems to imply that, when streaming to a UPnP renderer from the BubbleUPnP android app, audio files are proxied to the local control point. This is not my experience. I can launch a stream of a whole Qobuz album to my renderer (sonore microrendu) from BubbleUPnP and shut down my tablet. The album tracks will play to the end. I can regain control of the renderer and the playlisr from a BubbleUPnP instance running on a different tablet. This shows that the renderer, being of an OpenHome type, owns the playlist and connects directly to the Qobuz server. No proxying should be involved here, unless, I am totally wrong.

Note that I am using a standard Qobuz account, so no streaming in CD or HR quality. Would that make a ifference ?

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, left channel said:

But last time I checked there were only about 150,000 Masters tracks on Tidal vs. 2,000,000 Hi-Res tracks on Qobuz

I would be interested to lean about the way you arrived at those figures, especially on Tidal. On Tidal, are those 150,000 master tracks all MQA type ? How do you search for MQA on Tidal ?

Regards

• 8 months later...
51 minutes ago, jacobacci said:

I am seeing some strange behaviour re. reproduction of some MQA tracks, specifically the two versions of Christian Eggen, Carl Nielsen Piano Music.

There are two versions on Qobuz

• both are marked as "CD", one costs 9.99€ the other 13€
  • Neither is marked as MQA. Not in the Qobuz app, not in the Roon interface
  • Streamed to dCS Rossini from Roon, they both show the MQA logo and expand to 24/44.1. However the Roon signal path shows MQA authenticated 16/44.1
  • Played to a Hifiberry Digi+, Roon Signal path also shows MQA authenticated 16/44.1, however they get expanded to 24/88.2

I played the same album streamed to two different renderers from Qobuz Sublime+, using  Roon.

1- On a Moon Mind v2, Roon signal path is identical to your top screenshot.

2- On an ultrarendu connected through USB to an iFi Pro iDSDdac, the Roon signal path is identical to your second screenshot, except that the "MQA Core Decoder" shows "88.2 kHz 24 bit with MQA Signaling".

24 minutes ago, left channel said:

Thank you. Where are you located? I cannot find it in the Qobuz USA catalog. In fact, I cannot find any of her albums. Search says "5 releases" but when I click on that her page contains none. (All five are on Tidal here.) As I mentioned Fairytales was removed after complaints, but apparently not everywhere, so if the 2L folks have accounts in their country it may still show up for them. Interesting.

The album is available for download/streaming from Qobuz France: https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/fairytales-original-master-edition-mqa-steve-dobrogosz-radka-toneff/czn9zsef6y7pc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Mayfair said:

Another consideration that might or might be relevant to others, I've noticed that some of the albums I purchased from the France Qobuz store would appear to be no longer available if I switched to the Canada Qobuz store.

Another aspect to consider: if you transfer your account from France to Canada (or some other country where Qobuz operates), what will happen to the purchases made in Qobuz-France, and also the favorites accumulated over the years ? Will all those be transferred to your new accoiunt ? I suspect there will be problems because of different rights between countries.

Another observation: what is the real advantage of switching your account from Qobuz-France ? What will you have gained at the end ?

Cheers