IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

7 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

By the time we launch, you will be very happy. I wish I could say more right now, but have been sworn to secrecy... You may be able to read between the lines, but for now, all I can say is that I totally agree. 

Will the launch include DNLA on the iOS app as well as the Mac desktop app?  That would be heavenly.  I can pretty much live with Qobuz’s excellent iPad app and my microRendu.  Thx!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for being responsive.  I’m using the latest iOS Qobuz app, sending the data to my mRendu via its Shairport output.

I had this problem as soon as the app was released, then went out of town for a week, and returned to it happening again.  Could be my network, but the app had been working splendidly to Shairport prior to the last app upgrade.

best,

On 8/14/2018 at 4:15 PM, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Sorry, this is really annoying, David.  The upgraded app drops my mRendu Shairport connection so much it’s not worth it.  Qobuz should revert to previous version or build a report button onto the app so the user can quickly relay the bug and Qobuz quickly fix it.

I’m not super computer savvy but it was working with Shairport fine before the last software release.  

33 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

??

My question was if you had realised that @sockpit's microRendu issue was about the microRendu being sent audio using the current version of the Qobuz iOS app via the Qobuz app's existing (Apple) AirPlay function (which was apparently working properly in the previous version of the Qobuz iOS app), so it has nothing to do with the getting the Qobuz app to support the (Sonore) microRendu via UPnP/DLNA!

Thanks @Cebolla, that was my point indeed.  I’ll continue to test as you suggest, and see if the problem is mine alone.  Shairport/AirPlay should work without a hitch.  It does with YouTube for instance.

2 hours ago, left channel said:

Getting people to search previous pages before posting a question? Harder than supporting ShairPnNA.

If this was directed at me, please tell me how my question was redundant or out of line.  Qobuz updates its iOS app.  Suddenly the shairport/airplay feature is unreliable.  I ask about it because this is the Official Qobuz Issue thread.  It has nothing to do with Qobuz trying to launch in the U.S.  That's great, but I'd like my subscription in UK to work correctly.

So I had issue--and one I hadn't found reported yet--and since Qobuz doesn't make it exactly convenient to report bugs and issues, approaching David seemed a reasonable thing to do.  

I've no desire to add to the sort of pissing matches that go on in these pages, and would even be happy to learn how to "search previous pages" more efficiently.  I have not found the search feature at CA very helpful . . .  Google is better.

9 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

No. As of now, our guys don't have any of the Sonore product. It's all one step at a time. I'm trying to be a conduit, however can't stress enough that it's still a beta product. At this point, the main goal is to get launched in N/ America, which unfortunately trumps this one feature.

And what's "beta" about the latest release of Qobuz iOS for my iPad?  In replying to my query you seem fixated on the new beta desktop app and the NA launch.  Yet my issue has to do with neither of these.  Should the problem continue, and I wish to report it to qobuz headquarters, might you supply me an efficient way of doing that: a reliable email address, for instance?  thx.

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:
30 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Sorry if I missed your question. There were a lot coming all at once about the DLNA... If I understand the question, you're having a prob streaming Airplay to your Sonore? I did some airplay tests today with an AppleTV and my Aurender. Both worked fine with no glitches. So not sure what the issue could be. I don't typically use airplay because of the re-sampling. If you'd like, please feel free to write support@ qobuz.com.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Musicophile said:

If Roon is for you I can understand that. The added value it provides just isn’t for me so I cannot comment on SQ.

I was comparing A+ to the many mentions here of using Qobuz‘ own desktop app. 

Same goes for A+ remote app. It’s far from perfect, hasn’t seen a proper update foe ages (the developer is focusing on other stuff instead), but overall does the job,  especially compared to the standalone Qobuz app which doesn’t come with any form of remote. Plus it allows me to seemlessly switch between files in my one library and Qobuz. 

Qobuz has a very fine iOS app, spectacular interface.  What it lacks currently is DNLA capability to send to my uRendu or similar device.  Desktop app has struggled mightily with a beta version.  We seem to be a long way from that development within the iOS app.  So one either uses Airplay or ends up on Linn Kazoo or Lumin app.

I’m with you on Roon.  The Qobuz app is nearly as informative and even more intuitive imho.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, steveoat said:

"Are there specific labels you are not seeing available for streaming right now? We are in the process of ingesting over 14 million more independent label tracks but it could take a few months to get them all live on the service. "

Onyx, Avie, Criss Cross Jazz, Steeplechase Jazz, Channel Classics High Resolution

Latest BSO/Nelsons recordings (3!) of Shostakovich on Deutsche Grammophone!   Seems odd, given so much other DG is present . . .  I’d like to cancel other services . . . but how long will it take to fill in the many gaps?

13 hours ago, dmackta said:

This one https://open.qobuz.com/album/t9mvjgf9pgicb is not actually out til next week but we have it. We have full licensing with DG so if there are releases missing it is because they are not cleared for streaming OR it's an easily correctable error. Send details on missing albums through out customer service portal and everything is followed up on. 

Thanks for responding.  I’ll report the other two albums to US customer service.  

They are available from Qobuz in Great Britain, where I have a separate account via VPN.  Love your service and look forward to being a legit domestic customer her in the States!

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2019 at 1:28 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,

As I said before, we can't do it before we have secure our audio stream.

Regards

When is Qobuz going to work with the Jesus, aka @vortecjr, at Sonore to solve a “simple” problem: making it possible to use Qobuz Connect feature of the excellent iOS Qobuz app to communicate directly and in full hirez capability with Sonore’s sonicorbiter software. The natives are getting restless.

I want to dump Kazoo (Lumin, too), Roon is a waste of cash, since I have no large library to handle, and the Qobuz app rocks.  So why can’t it become compatible with Sonore Rendu products and make for more happy customers of both companies?

That’s not a rhetorical question.  Is there a technical or legal barrier prohibiting such obvious cooperation? Please explain, @David Craff

Thx.

6 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Hi David,

I believe @sockpit was referring to your in-house  Qobuz Connect feature, not UPnP/DLNA. Qobuz Connect was announced as early as 2014 and was originally supported by a few devices, such as those based on the Microchip JukeBlox Platform:

https://www.sensorsmag.com/components/microchip-announces-qobuz-connect-support-jukeblox-platform

It was hoped other device manufacturers would work with Qobuz in a similar way, but there has been nothing mentioned by Qobuz on Qobuz Connect uptake for several years.

Has the Qobuz Connect feature been abandoned by Qobuz?

John

That was indeed the gist of my question. First, why Sonore has not been able to connect directly to the Qobuz app (beyond their 16/44 airplay simulator) via Qobuz Connect?  Second why the Qobuz app cannot work with the DNLA/MPD output of sonicorbiter.  Third, why I’m getting the sense, talking to the CEO of my DAC manufacturer, a company with a streamer in development and who would like to have Qobuz play nicely with them, that Qobuz is not easy to work with in terms of getting their Connect or DNLA capability to work.  

I’m a big fan of Qobuz, but it’s connectivity needs to rival Spotify’s soon if it wants to gain market share. I say this as someone with no technical chops and a strong desire to connect hirez directly from Qobuz app to my microRendu. How hard can it be fellas?  😈😉

Paging @vortecjr who is a man of few words, and wise as a fox as well as @David Craff.

1 hour ago, sockpit said:

That was indeed the gist of my question. First, why Sonore has not been able to connect directly to the Qobuz app (beyond their 16/44 airplay simulator) via Qobuz Connect?  Second why the Qobuz app cannot work with the DNLA/MPD output of sonicorbiter.  Third, why I’m getting the sense, talking to the CEO of my DAC manufacturer, a company with a streamer in development and who would like to have Qobuz play nicely with them, that Qobuz is not easy to work with in terms of getting their Connect or DNLA capability to work.  

I’m a big fan of Qobuz, but it’s connectivity needs to rival Spotify’s soon if it wants to gain market share. I say this as someone with no technical chops and a strong desire to connect hirez directly from Qobuz app to my microRendu. How hard can it be fellas?  😈😉

Paging @vortecjr who is a man of few words, and wise as a fox as well as @David Craff.

Same goes for the Yamaha Musicast enabled powered speakers I own.  They do Napster, Deezer, Spotify, Sirius, Tidal, and Pandora.  Why is Qobuz apparently so far behind this curve at this relatively late point in the evolution of these services?  Not simply complaining; genuinely seeking a  lay explanation.

29 minutes ago, Jud said:

In the meantime - let me recommend Audirvana+ for people who want Qobuz to work with UPnP/DLNA.  It may not be everyone's permanent solution, but it does have a free trial.

Thanks much.  I own it too.  Am bent on simplicity and just want things to work.  Sorry to sound so impatient.  First world problem, for sure.

• 6 months later...

A little help please from Qobuz.

Somehow I got bumped out of Qobuz in my iPad Linn Kazoo app.  I tried to sign in repeatedly with what I'm certain was the correct login info.  But no go.

So I went to my account at Qobuz online and changed my password there.  Now I cannot get into my account at all!  So perhaps I messed up.

But the really irritating thing is that subscribers in the US who need a knew password are sent on a circular wild goose chase between the France and the US sites, and it is impossible to change the password despite what the website Help page says.  It sends you and email to reset your password, which sends you to France.  Then a banner comes up that asks if you'd like to go to the US site.  Of courses I would.  But when you click on it, it asks you for your password.

Really dumb.  How do I just reset my darn password in US qobuz so I can get back in business?  thx.

• 2 months later...

I'm no longer able to log in to Qobuz in the Kazoo app (neither the iPad app or the desktop app).

I have a US qobuz subscription and a microRendu with latest sonicorbitor running on it.  I'm running the latest version of Kazoo from Linn. It's supposed to work; it used to work.  Here is what happens:

When I type my username and password into the qobuz login screen within the Kazoo app on my computer it just spins and "blinks" about ever 3-5 seconds, but never really logs in.  When I try the same on my iPad, it tries to make contact and then returns to a blank login screen repeatedly.  I am sure I am using the correct password, because it works fine for logging directly into qobuz website and qobuz app.

It's difficult to know where the issue is: Sonore? Linn? Qobuz, so I'm posting here in case it's a known issue to the kind folks at Qobuz.

I have turned to Jesus at Sonore, and he didn't have a solution to suggest.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.