IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

18 minutes ago, left channel said:

Playing with the other thing — the buffered stream — is a great way to drive yourself crazy with Qobuz, Tidal, or any streaming. Sometimes it does exactly what you wrote above, but other times restarting or clicking around in them results in freezing or other unexpected behavior. The software is trying to buffer to deal with all the problems of uneven internet and LAN delivery, and it's not a good idea to go monkeying around with the stream yourself too.

This is so true! I tried to jump backwards in my queue and immediately received a "cache corrupted" message.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Taz777 said:

Does it play each track for a few seconds? If so, it may be due to an album that is not permitted to be streamed but can only be purchased outright.

Track 4 played for about 16 minutes and track 5 about 5 minutes. It’s a streamable album.

@Goon525 Ivan and the Budapest Festival Orchestra on Channel Classics.

14 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi

Go to another track then click on "..." from the track with the issue and remove it from cache. Then play again.

Thanks, David. I’ll try that, but I did try clearing the entire cache. I appreciate your help and the  prompt attention you folks have given to us on AS.

23 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Are US accounts able to stream the new Mahler 7 in 24/192? I find this (and all other Channel Classics albums) only stream 16/44.1.

I hope this is temporary! The 2 labels I tend to gravitate to the most are BIS and Channel Classics, and if those don't stream hi-res, then that takes the shine off Qobuz a bit.

Audirvana+ and Mac indicate 24/192 stream. Unfortunately the Kii Three doesn’t report stream data.

22 minutes ago, Fridolin said:

The resource problem exists on macOS, too.

If i use the beautiful playing now view, my MacBook Pro heats up very quickly and the vent is blowing loud. Nothing but the progress bar is moving in this window, so no reason for heavy graphic processing.

Currently playing Gens' Chausson in 24/96. When Qobuz window is primary, MacOS Activity monitor indicates that Qobuz and Qobuz Helper occupy ~60% of CPU activity. When secondary (for example, partially covered by Safari), the two Qobuz processes require about 28% of CPU activity. Perhaps graphics processing is not very efficiently handled here.

• 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

Facts don't care about your condescension. While Tidal's search engine provides accurate results, Qobuz's doesn't. If the latter care about competing, they better fix it.

First page search results for the term 'Schobert'. Not a single relevant hit on Qobuz. On Tidal, all of Johann Schobert's available albums are presented first. Qobuz's search engine is completely broken.

1.jpg

2.jpg

On the other hand, compare the entries for Heinrich Schütz between Tidal and Qobuz. Database indexing issues aside, my experience is for Classical music, Qobuz reigns. And then there is the occurrence of AAC coded files that are not of CD quality that you encounter on Tidal.

46 minutes ago, PAR said:

David, do you have different search engine software for the USA service compared to e.g. the UK service? Obviously the USA one searches a different database but do they use different criteria? I am a UK subscriber and just tried your "use quote" advice with a search for John Faulds as per my earlier post above. Rather than a better result it actually It produced  zero  as is shown in this screenshot:

1939017624_Screenshot(73).thumb.png.722e66baf8dbcc0a30c84092d947f23a.png

Do you mean "John Foulds"?