IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

7 hours ago, left channel said:

Anyway as David said this is a beta and they really should remove it, and I say they should instead actively solicit self-selected users to sign up for the beta. Meanwhile, let us know if your iOS app made it through the update OK. 

I understand that it is beta, but how many folks are really trying to use UPnP functionality from the desktop app?  In my mind as long as the release notes says the functionality is beta, I would not remove it from the desktop app and collect feedback.  I guess I am a lot more patience with stuff under beta and testing/providing feedback. If it does not work report the exact test scenario so Qobuz can recreate and start enjoying the music the normal way, until the next client update ?.

16 hours ago, left channel said:

OK but then they should place a feedback link right there in the same menu. And that goes double for the mobile apps, because most users don't email their comments to the developers: they communicate while posting a bad rating in the store. Sad but true.

That makes sense.

Question for the group in general.  I am looking at the subscription information on the Qobuz Great Britain website and I see the following options for subscription:

Hi-Fi (FLAC 16-bit / 44.1 streaming)

Sublime (which is Hi-Fi, with option to download music at steep discount)

Sublime+ (24bit FLAC up to 192Khz + discounted download for Hi-Res)

I did not see an option for just Hi-Res streaming?  Is that correct?

Just now, jhwalker said:

That's their model on the original French website, as well.

Look at it this way - with Sublime+, you pay for high resolution streaming and get a steep discount on downloads for free ;) 

Thx for confirming.  I will have to try Hi-Fi and Sublime+ to hear the sound difference when it is available in US.

21 hours ago, serendipitydawg said:

A really basic question.

I have downloaded the Windows 32bit installer for my Windows 7 PC and I don't get a desktop icon for when I want to open Qobuz. I have an ASIO only DAC and I want to check that the Qobuz ASIO works before I attempt any free trial (which involves leaving payment details)

I have a user name and can login. I seem to have entered a mode where I can play 30 second extracts.

Would some kind soul point me in the right direction? 

I have a tendency of installing application in manner where everyone on the shared system has access.  When I did that I ran into the similar situation as you.  So if you used one account to install and another account to run you will not see the Qobuz icon.  You have to install the software as the user that you are planning to run it.  When I did that I got the short cut on the desktop and also in the program files.

If you used the same userid to install the software and you are missing the shortcut the software is install under c:\users\"username"\appdata\local\Qobuz\.

My shortcut is setup as following if you need to recreate it manually.  Just confirm the "app-4.0.28b011" directory based on your Qobuz software version:

Target: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Qobuz\Update.exe --processStart "Qobuz.exe"

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Qobuz\app-4.0.28-b011

1 hour ago, serendipitydawg said:

Thanks!

Does anyone else have any ideas?

You guys jinxed me also ?

Ran into it while on wireless connection in the basement where signal strength is around 2 bars, the song stopped playing and the app was now responsive.

Moved the connection over to wired.  If it happens again I will start the process of trying to narrow it down.  Internet connection is Fios Gigabit so I should be ok there.  If I find the solution I will report back.

1 hour ago, nbpf said:

At this point the most annoying issue that I have with Qobuz are the random jumps to the next track documented in https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli/tickets/11/.

Can you provide the links to the albums that you seem to have consistent problems with and I will see if I can reproduce it.  Please correct me but I believe you are using BubbleUPnP Server (to create OpenHome endpoint), MPD with upmpdcli as DLNA/UPnP as renderer with all of the components running on uRendu.  Is that correct?  I do not have the exact setup but my setup is BubbleUPnP client on Android as control point, HQPlayer Embedded as DLNA/UPnP renderer.

I know your preference is to continue using MPD/umpmpdcli but have you tried another renderer for testing purpose to see if both have the same issue? 

Sorry, part of my IT engineering background kicking to identify the root cause on why something is not working correctly. 

I will try the song that @sockpitposted about in the CA thread that you linked as a starting point with BubbleUPnP and HQPe.

Listen to the album Tchaikovsky : Symphony No.6 by Teodor Currentzis on Qobuzhttp://open.qobuz.com/album/0886446239934 

I ran the test with the Tchaikovsky: Symphony No.6 by Teodor Currentzis using BubbleUPnP Android client as controller and HQPlayer Embedded as renderer and I did not have any issues.  Next step is to see if I can build a RPi or PC with MPD/upmpdcli and run the same test to see if the issue crops up.  That test will have to wait until next weekend though.  

@nbpf, I have a working system with Volumio, MPD, upmpdcli and upmpdcli-qobuz for 16-bit music but with 24-bit music I get white-noise.  I think I am missing some configuration under mpd/upmpdcli, if you know of anything that will help me remove the white-noise let me know what changes needs to be in place for it to make it work.  I can test similar setup as you with Linn Kazoo, mdp/upmpdcli configured as OpenHome renderer.  I only get white noise when I am using Linn Kazoo which uses the upmpdcli-qobuz plugin.  If I use BubbleDS on a Android device which I believe bypasses upmpdcli-qobuz plugin I am able to play 24-bit files just fine.

For now, I am going to call it a night and pick it up tomorrow night.

Question for the folks who have being using Qobuz for awhile.  Can you let me know how I can configure Qobuz to continue playing similar songs/artist once the last song in a playlist has ended.  Looking for something similar to what Spotify does when playlist ends or what Deezer does with Flow.  I use the Spotify functionality to discover new music and I cannot seem to find how to do that under Qobuz.

42 minutes ago, left channel said:

For those using LMS (Squeezebox Server), the Don't Stop the Music / LastMix plugin may be able to do this with Qobuz. However in the official Qobuz apps, right now the Qobuz-created Playlists may be the closest you'll get.

I'd be willing to bet they'll eventually create something like Spotify Autoplay or the artist-themed Radio features on other services. Maybe they haven't focused on that yet because the current core user base seems very particular — almost obsessive — about what music plays next.  (I resemble that remark. ? )

Yeah, I am completely opposite.  I rarely listen to a complete album :) and majority of the time I like to listen to random bits.  I guess I got into the habit of randomness trying to get the kids more involved in listening to music so had to play some of the music that they liked.

43 minutes ago, left channel said:

The latest update to the Windows app seems to have removed the UPnP/DLNA beta, as David recommended.

I am running 4.0.28-b022 and I am still seeing the option for DLNA/UPNP.  

Did anyone else notice that Soundiiz free account no longer has option for Qobuz.  Two weeks ago I was able to convert a playlist from web to Qobuz but that option is no longer available.  I need to figure out how I am going to convert my Spotify playlist over.

12 hours ago, left channel said:

Maybe this is actually an upgrade, and now the app it knows it's not compatible with my MPD/DLNA and Squeezebox streamers. That would be interesting too.

I am still seeing the option under mine and I am seeing HQPlayer Embedded based renderer and upmpdcli/mpd.

6 hours ago, rickca said:

Good.  This is what I thought Qobuz should do given that I haven't heard of any DLNA renderers that actually worked with the code.  

I have gotten it to work with HQPlayer Embedded but right now it only plays one song at at a time.  It is having a hard time sending the subsequent song from playlist.  I have not sat down and collected logs to forward to support, since David has said that the team is busy with US launch.  I will wait after the launch to run some debugging sessions and provide feedback.

4 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Just saw this. I just went to Soundiiz and the Qobuz site is up again. Wasn't aware that it was down.

Yep, the message from Soundiiz said that Qobuz requested that the service be temporarily be disabled, while maintenance was going on.

Sorry and ty. I'll put in a support ticket  now that I know that it is just me.

@4est responding to you on this thread instead of the migrating playlist thread.

Are you seeing a completely blank screen or are you seeing everything on the screen but it does not respond to anything?  If it is not responding I ran into similar situation when the software version was updated.  It told me that it was updating and once it was updated the warning about need to restart was in the smallest font possible.  I kept on clicking everywhere on the screen until I noticed that warning.

I am not sure if you are running into something similar.  If you are still having issues, please try to uninstall, reboot and reinstall if you have not done that yet.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

I'm just curious, since Qobuz is not available in Finland I cannot try myself; has anyone tried streaming Qobuz to HQPlayer Embedded using UPnP? If Qobuz supports sending streams out to UPnP Renderer, it should work...

Right now I am able to stream one song at a time to HQPlayer Embedded with Qobuz desktop app.  I am waiting for Qobuz team to complete US rollout before I forward the logs to support.

7 minutes ago, left channel said:

David asked the dev team to withdraw the UPnP beta it until it's ready. It disappeared from my desktop app, but some are still seeing it. Maybe it just knows my devices aren't supported (an ultraRendu in MPD/DLNA mode, and several Squeezeboxes).

I am more than willing to generate any debug logs that Qobuz would need, along with what Miska might need if there is something that needs to be tweaked under HQPlayer.