IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

A really basic question.

I have downloaded the Windows 32bit installer for my Windows 7 PC and I don't get a desktop icon for when I want to open Qobuz. I have an ASIO only DAC and I want to check that the Qobuz ASIO works before I attempt any free trial (which involves leaving payment details)

I have a user name and can login. I seem to have entered a mode where I can play 30 second extracts.

Would some kind soul point me in the right direction? 

" The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge." Daniel.J.Boorstin

1 hour ago, shadowlight said:

I have a tendency of installing application in manner where everyone on the shared system has access.  When I did that I ran into the similar situation as you.  So if you used one account to install and another account to run you will not see the Qobuz icon.  You have to install the software as the user that you are planning to run it.  When I did that I got the short cut on the desktop and also in the program files.

If you used the same userid to install the software and you are missing the shortcut the software is install under c:\users\"username"\appdata\local\Qobuz\.

My shortcut is setup as following if you need to recreate it manually.  Just confirm the "app-4.0.28b011" directory based on your Qobuz software version:

Target: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Qobuz\Update.exe --processStart "Qobuz.exe"

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Qobuz\app-4.0.28-b011

Thanks shadowlight! It would appear that it's never too late to learn something new about Windows!

In all the years of using Windows 7 I have never created a shortcut from scratch before.

I now have an icon on the desktop, however when I fire it upthe Qobuz app is sluggish to useless.

Any further ideas anyone?

" The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge." Daniel.J.Boorstin