IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Plus one on the surprising superiority of Qobuz to Tidal. On my high-end tube monoblock system, Qobuz surprised out of the gate with soundstage, dynamics and overall detail quality. Being that both Qobuz and Tidal are touted as CD quality, this was not a small difference.

Qobuz has a smaller overall library than Tidal, (which millions matter to you is an individual issue) at least for the moment but there's a very deep catalog of jazz and classical probably not found elsewhere.

I'm running Qobuz streaming optical to Allen Organ AO75 monoblock amps completely rebuilt with McIntosh LS340s tower speakers. It's simply great and I'd second the opinion this is on par or very comparable with local sourced material. 

More on the rebuilt tube amps here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-mighty-allen-organ-75.840989/

1 hour ago, left channel said:

@Da Horsey sorry don't know of any source for a separate download of 5.1. Just install the version currently available on Play and the update will find you soon if it isn't already there for you. 

Currently, the Android device I'm running is the Amazon Firestick. I was going to sideload the APK as there's not an official update of an Amazon app yet. Can't run the older Qobuz version as I did try that and it's not able to load landscape and sign in.

The firestick actually connects via TV optical audio out to my big tube monoblock rig and makes for a far better quality connection than most any computer connection. So, I'll be awaiting the opportunity. 

Thanks for your kind reply.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RichardSF said:

What happens when you try to install Qobuz from the Google Play Store (assuming you've installed Google Play Store)?

Thanks for the question. Yes, I've tried that trick a few times with various releases. Unfortunately, the size parameters don't match a TV screen size and you can't login or navigate. I've tried on several releases. I have Qobuz running on Kodi and that works well. I'd imagine a native app would work and sound better on my big tube rig.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope Qobuz does get out an Amazon Fire app. There's a new Fire hardware release. More and more people are using these tools for music. 96K works great with the current Fire and Firestick. Crossing my fingers it's in the works. 

Even a 44K app will have big benefits with some of us happy to plug it into our big rigs.