IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Apple CarPlay

Could someone be kind enough to confirm what functions they can use with CarPlay?

Initially non of my menus loaded, Qobuz said a new version of the app was being released.

I downloaded the app and nothing had changed, then I decided to store some content on my iphone and

this was displayed.

The question is using CarPlay can you browse all content as you can on the IOS app or is it limited to only downloaded content.

I have raised this with support - Qobuz | Your request number 00150633

However they just seem to be giving me the run around asking for more screenshots.

I not sure what a screenshot of the interface only showing the one playlist I've downloaded will do but I've responded as requested.

EDIT

Ah looking at the thread below seems others have the issue and Qobuz are aware , not sure why support did not highlight is when requested.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/anyone-a-fan-of-qobuz-via-carplay.902729/

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

@David Graff

I reported the CarPlay issue to support, however they don't seem to understand the concept of support and just ask the same questions without reading the content of the emails.

So I say to Qobuz

À: [email protected]
Objet: Re: Qobuz | Your request number 00150633 [ ref:_00D58JmCx._5006N19JCq:ref ]

Hello

I have downloaded the new IOS version.
It only shows music downloaded to the phone, you cannot browse your online music?

Is this by design or an error?

Many Thanks Phil

And they respond

On 16 Nov 2020, at 08:23, Qobuz Customer Service <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your message.

Can you send us more screenshots of your interface showing what you explained in your last e-mail please ? 

Best regards

So I respond

À: [email protected]
Objet: Re: Qobuz | Your request number 00150633 [ ref:_00D58JmCx._5006N19JCq:ref ]

Dear Qobuz

As stated in my email below CarPlay will only show content which is stored locally on my phone
I cannot browse content to stream.

And they respond

Subject: Qobuz | Your request number 00150633 [ ref:_00D58JmCx._5006N19JCq:ref ]
Date: 16 November 2020 at 16:56:20 GMT
To: 

Dear customer,

Try to import some tracks and tells us if they appear or not.

Best regards

Setup:

2 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hello

Sorry, there was a misunderstanding of the problem by our support. Your request will be taken over and you will get new answers.

Regards

Thank You

The support team have confirmed that the IOS app only allows playback of downloaded content via CarPlay.

Perhaps the team could update the description on the IOS store so this is made clear?

Many Thanks

Phil

Setup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have an issue where the current IOS apps do not show all albums that have a favourite tag in my music.

In my case Alanis Morrisette only shows 2 however I have 19 which are correctly shown on the MAC app and web player.

00155028 Refers.

Setup:

23 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Problem already identified. It will be corrected asap.

Regards

Hi David

The support team are suggesting I may not have full albums which is not the case and seems invalid for the number involved.

Dear customer,

Can you try to click on one of the album not displayed on your iOS app in the Mac app ? Does all the 19 albums are full ? Or just a couple of tracks from them are selected as "favorites" ? If that's the case, they will be in the "tracks" section of your favorites in the iOS apps.

Best regards

Setup:

• 2 weeks later...

@David Graff The IOS version of Qobuz delete all off line music if you log out.

I have proved this on my iPhone and iPad.

Sorry I have not reported this to the support team as I find them unresponsive and your reply is always that they don’t understand the issue.

I now have three issues on the IOS app can you please confirm when these will be resolved?

1/ Offline content deleted if you log out of app.

2/ Artists albums missing from album view.

3/ Only offline content shows on Apple CarPlay.

I am trying to migrate from Apple Music but ongoing issues with Qobuz is preventing this due to the flaws in the IOS application, can we have some focus on this please.

Many thanks Phil

Setup:

So CarPlay requires offline content but if you log out it is all removed and you have to start again.
So any loss of connection will lead to the removal of all offline content and according to Qobuz this is not an issue?
They asked me to log out without any warning of this, so that cost me all the effort of downloading it for CarPlay.....
On 18 Dec 2020, at 15:12, Qobuz Customer Service <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear customer,

1) The offline music is registered when you are connected, if you log out it is automatically put back to zero. It is not an issue. Don't log out of Qobuz and it will remain.

2) This issue will be resolved in the future. 

3) CarPlay is only displaying offline music for now.

Best regards

Setup:

20 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Yes this is true and you get a warning about that, before log out.

Our support is good, I'm no better than them. And I didn't say that they never understand the issue.

But it's not always easy to identify a customer's issue.

It's not an issue. Can you tell me why you want to log out from the app ?

What do you mean? Are you talking about content from artist that are not yet available in our catalog?

If this is the case, there is no end date for this. It is an everyday job. We add albums to the catalogues all the time.

And we try to fill the gaps.

Must be available for Q4

Regards

Sorry David

Im really confused now.

Logging out deletes offline content, the apps don't appear to have an offline mode?

If you use cashe mode on log out you can't use the app without logging in.

Can you please confirm how you use "Offline Mode"?

From the Qobuz terms and conditions

Definitions

“Offline mode” shall be understood as the functionality allowing to listen in different qualities, without an active internet connection, to the tracks, playlists and albums previously downloaded by the Customer via the Import feature, on any Listening Device using the QOBUZ Applications.

3. Description of QOBUZ offers

The Offline Mode allows the Customer to listen to the tracks, albums and playlists that he/she has previously downloaded via the Import feature on any Listening Device using QOBUZ Applications. To do this, the Customer must first import the tracks, albums and playlists concerned on the desired devices and select the Offline Mode. 

The imported music can then be listened to without an active internet connection for a period of 30 days. At the end of these 30 days, it will be necessary to log in to the service again in order to reactivate the right to listen to the imported music in offline mode.

Setup:

5 minutes ago, David Craff said:

As you saw, there is an offline mode. This one works when you don't have internet connection. But don't log out from the app. If your are previously connected and launch the app without connexion, you will switch to offline mode.

So in that case can you enter a feature request that allows the content to remain for a period of 30 days?
Otherwise as soon as the support team ask you to log out to try something you loose all the hours of work performed in creating an offline library.

The request by the support team to log out destroyed everything I downloaded just to see if it worked.

This is wrong, as you don't have to log into the service again, you simply need to reconnect to the internet.

At the end of these 30 days, it will be necessary to log in to the service again 

The terms of service also quote select the Offline Mode. , how do I select offline mode?

The wording of the terms of service do not seem to relate to the operation of the app.

Setup:

21 hours ago, R1200CL said:

I guess the trick is to create a playlist, and then download it ?

(BTW. Offline mode is a non exiting feature in Qobuz 😀). 

I had downloaded all of my playlist that due to Qobuz poor support and implementation of offline mode I lost.

Setup:

15 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps I’m a bit slow. Why is there a desire for a specific offline mode? When I’m on an airplane I just use the content that’s in my offline group of content. 

The desire for an offline mode is to protect your offline content.

I have a number of issues with Qobuz

1/ CarPlay does not work unless the content is offline.

2/ In IOS if you filter on Albums by Artist it does not show all of the Albums.

3/ Qobuz refer to selecting Offline mode which should prevent loss of offline content, but it does not actually have an Offline mode, they simply mean not connected to the internet.

So support come along when you question the fixes you have requested and say, can you just log out and see if it works, and bingo all you offline content is removed because you logged out, even if you log right in again............

Say to Qobuz I'd like a refund of the months not used because you have not identified the issues or have a date to fix them and the answer is no, we don't offer refunds even if it does not work.

Very poor customer service and diagnostics, they should be able to test known issues without customer input.

I've taken this Tidal offer of 4 months for £4 https://tidal.com/offers/holiday-offer and will never use Qobuz again.

Bad decision to take a twelve month plan as it gives you no option the leave.

Setup:

• 1 month later...

Hello

Does anyone have a management team email address for Qobuz support issues?

I've raised issues to them last year and provided all the relevant software details and requested screenshots.

Recently I've sent weekly requests for updates and today I now have an email requesting -

"Thank you for your message.

We need to figure out the problem in detail.
On which version of the application do you playback the music?
Can you please indicate the OS, version and model of the device you use?

Also, if you could provide us with one or two screenshots mentioning the problem (unavailability of tracks, error message, etc.).

Thank you for your feedback,
Best wishes"

One can only describe the support as poor.

Setup:

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2021 at 9:15 PM, jegreenwood said:I heard back from Qobuz support directly.  I was quite surprised that the answer was works as designed (currently).

“If you log out of your account on our app, for legal reasons, all downloaded files are deleted. This eventually will only affect music downloaded for streaming not purchases. However, I don't have a timeline that I can currently share with you.”

My advice to them was that if this is the case, Qobuz should provide a notice to music purchasers selecting a download method.

I had the same issue when support asked me to log out and I lost the lot.

I had issues also with CarPlay only displaying downloaded content, and in the IOS app it did not show all albums for the artist.

I raised all the tickets got no where with Qobuz, asked support to raise it to the management team, nothing.

Paid a years subscription to find lots of the mobile offerings did not work, raised a case to PayPal , no reply from Qobuz, reviewed by PayPal who found in my favour and provided a refund.

These guys clearly need to advertise what the current product offering is and how it works.

The terms of contract don’t seem to match the offering, I’m out and won’t use the service again.

Pity the sound quality is very good, support for the product is poor, and unless the team rapidly grows will only get worse if they expand to more countries as detailed in the podcast.

Seems strange Tidal allow you to log out for a period and actually provide a method to restore your offline content if required.

Setup:

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, thegios said:

@David Craff I wanna be honest here: I am going to ask for money back.

Web adn Android apps are bad, really bad in all sort of thing when intefacing with anything Chromecast related.

- Connection of Android app to Google Mini Speaker has become impossible: it's not connecting any longer whatever I try (reboot of phone and of speaker, cache clearing etc.)

- Volume issue is still presente: if I connect web app or Android app to my Nvidia Shield with integrated Chroemcast, changing volume from the phone slider has no effect all all

I'm sorry but I am going to write to customer support and ask for annual subscription money back, than will move back to Tidal (and eventually to Spotify once CD quality will be implemented).

Sorry but music quality is not everything, UX is terrible here...

Qobuz will just stop responding to your emails and no refund will be provided.

I paid via PayPal and raised an issue that way, once again Qobuz failed to respond, PayPal found in my favour and provided a refund.

Make sure you have all your ticket numbers provided by support to prove no action or resolution has been provided.

Setup: