IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Great if @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist could join us here and help expedite Qobuz working with micro/ultraRendu in  MPD/DLNA mode, especially with Qobuz launch in USA imminent.  A+ has had this working for a long time, but it would be great to get the native Qobuz app to work.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

5 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

The DLNA portion of the site is in Beta

The DLNA support has been in beta since 3/13.  The Qobuz development team hasn't posted any updates regarding their progress.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@rickca: same with me but for 5years or longer my ‘French’ address is  Oneida, New France(which is what the Northeast would have called if the French had won on the Plains of Abraham)-I worry about changing to USA subscription(even though it would be less expensive than paying in euros) and have it be ‘different’ in some way ie albums artists etc and will my extensive playlists transfer AND what will happen to my A+3 format will that change? I personally find the search function/new releases/genres etc on A+3 better than the Qobuz app ie playlists editor picks most streamed  etc-would that change? And what is this new symbol for the desktop app a black phonograph album with a tone arm-what does it mean thanks bobbmd

I don't know the answers.  They will need to come from @damien78 and @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist.

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist I'm sure you know that nothing turns off a subscriber faster than things that just don't work coupled with unresponsive tech support.

You can have a world class rollout but frustrated customers are really hard to get back.

I left TIDAL for Qobuz 3 years ago because TIDAL made a real mess of their CDN transition and streaming was just plain unreliable. 

22 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Once they actually get to the Sonore product, I'm sure they'll figure it out

Why doesn't Qobuz publish a list of DLNA renderers that have been verified to actually work reasonably well with the beta code?  So far I haven't heard of a single such device.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, left channel said:

The latest update to the Windows app seems to have removed the UPnP/DLNA beta, as David recommended.

Good.  This is what I thought Qobuz should do given that I haven't heard of any DLNA renderers that actually worked with the code.  

10 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I have been given trial access to Qobuz Sublime.

Do you have high res (24-bit) streaming?  If so, it's Sublime +.  Or were you just looking at downloads available to buy?

5 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Yes I have high res streaming up to 24/192. 

OK my point is that Qobuz offers Sublime and Sublime + subscriptions.  Only Sublime + offers high res streaming.  So your post should say you have a trial subscription to Sublime +.  It's more expensive than Sublime.

46 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Qobuz is light years ahead of Tidal.

I think so too, especially if you prefer classical and jazz.  Damien decided to integrate Qobuz in A+ before doing TIDAL, so I switched to Qobuz to participate in the A+ beta testing.  I was quickly impressed by the wealth of content and never went back to TIDAL.  I still thank Geoffrey Armstrong for encouraging me to try Qobuz 3 years ago.

16 minutes ago, David Craff said:

We can easily change the country streaming and store for an account. But the rights with major and label are differents for country. They are nearly the same for europe but not for USA. The goal is to get the same deep music content for all country.

Can I get a trial in the USA while keeping my account in France?  This would give me a period of time to compare availability of material and decide whether I want to change my account to a USA account.  If the pricing in the USA isn't any better than paying in euros I probably wouldn't bother.  I'd imagine for the classical genre that the USA catalog is going to be smaller than the European one ... is that a correct assumption?

3 hours ago, Fridolin said:

As it is now, it looks very chaotic.

I strongly agree.  Qobuz has made a lot of progress with their app but this is an area that needs work.

4 minutes ago, David Craff said:

So we will display all our music catalog and music not available will be show but in another color (grey) and you can listen only sample if available.

Yes I'm familiar with that approach and it's very frustrating to open an album and find that none of the tracks (or maybe just one track) is available.  It would be better not to show the album or at least have an option to exclude such albums from the search results.  Nobody with a HiFi subscription wants to listen to MP3 samples.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, David Craff said:

We have made updates to our servers that have resulted in some disruption.

Qobuz needs to communicate with its subscribers.  If you plan to make changes that may disrupt service, tell us.  If you then outperform and manage to make the changes without disruption everyone will be happy.

TIDAL never communicated with subscribers and made a real mess transitioning their CDN.  That's how they lost me to Qobuz 3 years ago.  Don't make the same mistake.

I'm using the Qobuz desktop app on Windows. 

I set the genre to Classical only.  In Discover, I see two rows of New Releases.  If I click 'See all new releases', the app just displays one additional row.  I have to click 'See all new releases' a second time to actually see all new releases.

@David Craff is this behavior intentional?  I find it irritating.

2 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

as you scroll down, more are loaded dynamically to fill the available screen space

The Qobuz Windows desktop app does that also, but it takes two clicks to get there.

20 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Bit disappointed if the comment posted by Paul - "Indeed but apparently it;’s not happening at RMAF, Pity." is accurate.

Didn't @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist say that RMAF was the official launch?

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, David Craff said:

To go into detail, we need to transform our application so that it can serve audio file links itself.

David, Qobuz integration in A+ works great with UPnP/DLNA renderers.  How did Damien solve this?

2 hours ago, David Craff said:

As A+ or BubbleUPnP do (if I'm not mistaken) the objective will be to get the audio file from Qobuz and then send it to the readers. That's why I'm talking about transforming our application into a url server. At that time we will have control over the headers in the request and will be able to adapt it to the UPnP's needs. It will also be possible at this time to convert the file to another format such as WAV, which is less problematic than Flac for UPnP.

OK that's exactly how A+ handles this issue.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, David Craff said:

This is not quite ready but will be soon. The launch will initially be carried out in closed beta.

Who gets to participate in the closed beta?  I have had an account in France for more than 3 years, but I live in USA so I think I'd be a good candidate.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Qobuz has a few new enhancements to its desktop player.  The quick tutorial shows you around the changes.

25 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Did the new version automatically download for you when you started Qobuz app?  Mine still says b26 :(

Yes.  The desktop version is 4.0.28-b015.  The JS version (what is that, JavaScript?) is 4.0.28-b026.  Is this not new?  It's probably been a week since I last fired up Qobuz.