IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

13 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Here is an example of what I came across, which doesnt seem to be the problem in your case @mav52

Notice the album says it is 24/192, but it plays at 16/44

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 8.30.48 PM.png

Its what my dac is showing.   I saw hi-rez so I played it and it came back with 16/44, Tidal shows 24/96 for the same album,well with Tidal you never know what you are getting,

The Truth Is Out There

3 hours ago, austinpop said:

Ah - my apologies to you and @mav52. I misunderstood.

Just a parting thought... are you both registered in the same country? There could be (and are) differences in streaming rights from country to country.

How about reading my Profile.  Ah USA

The Truth Is Out There

On 12/31/2018 at 6:12 PM, AudioDoctor said:

Did that help?

Jan 1st my special audio show code access to Qobuz  ended, So I got to start over. and now sign up for the beta free trial, BUT it notes service unavailable when I sign up, so unless you have been invited, ya can't use it. . . . Darn shame.

The Truth Is Out There

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

Hello after 2+ weeks of playing with Qobuz as desktop app in A+3 and ROON I have found some strange things.

As of right now ROON is not playing anything from Qobuz through my ME E2 DAC but plays through my Gungnir DAC.

for example the Norah Jones album ‘the nearness of you’ the Qobuz choices/versions on ROON will not play at all neither the 16/44 24/96 or 24/192 albums my album in my cd ripped library plays in 16/44 through ROON the 3 or 4 album choices in TIDAL versions play and virtually ALL of my hundreds of playlists or individual songs only play at 16/44 nothing higher regardless if they are TIDAL ‘masters, or Qobuz HiRes- does anyone else notice this?

A+3 plays all album choices from either TIDAL or Qobuz (the Norah jones album above) at their respective bit rates and in MQA- my ME E2 DAC shows 3 white LED’s for Qobuz HiRes and a green LED for TIDAL ‘Masters’ album.

If this is all result of ‘breakin’ period for ROON/Qobuz i am ok with it and yet at same time don’t notice much of audible difference ie SQ regardless if albums/songs play at 16 24/44 88 96 or 192- is there something wrong with ME/my ears OR my equipment ?? I mean all music sounds wonderful yet I really don’t a WOW from any of players streamers( maybe i have become jaded or just OLD all of a sudden -where I DO notice a difference is with my Sennheiser RS 195’s and in going from ME E2 to my pre multi bit first generation Gungnir

Also last night on A+3 all of a sudden that choice for iTunes Integration appeared with that black box ‘player’ hadn’t seen that in a long time then disappeared and asked me to set up A+1!!- thought i lost everything on A+3 but didn’t and iTunes integration no longer shows up just ‘my library’ which are my iTunes library for ripped cd’s(800+/16000+ tracks)-

Also album choices going fro Qobuz desktop app to A+3 and then to ROON are all different and A+3 doesn’t indicate which albums are HiRes but this is a minor inconvenience 

Hey Bob what is A+3

The Truth Is Out There

1 hour ago, left channel said:

I believe the official launch has begun!  I've been on the beta for three weeks, but just received another "Welcome" message inviting me to sign up with 1 month free.

This message does not mention the beta and bug reporting, but the rest of the content is the same, including the warning that the catalog is not yet complete. It adds that many customers have requested a Family Plan, and they hope to develop one soon.

Good luck Qobuz!

Got the same letter.   "" Once you’ve created your account, you will choose a streaming plan. If you are a Hi-Res music user, make sure you select the Studio plan to access unlimited 24-bit streaming. ""

Odd like you said QoBUZ never mentioned me being a Beta customer, or do they even really know.  And I thought we already signed up, had to pick a plan and had to provide a credit card number to be a Beta user.  .  Why would we do it again and get possibly double billed.

The Truth Is Out There

My wife has an issue, she likes Paul Hardcastle  (soft jazz) and if she searches for his albums. its notes in the search there are 55, but non are actually there. zip  zero in Qobuz.  Loads of them in tidal.  Not using Roon.  Anyway thats all, we got. 😀

The Truth Is Out There

16 minutes ago, goon525 said:

On a UK account, I see 55 albums - and they’re there, or at least loads are.

Same on the US account, but there are not any of his albums actually listed when you pull them up and the ones that come up are NOT Paul Hardcastle. 

The Truth Is Out There

6 hours ago, Paul R said:

Try clicking on the artist result from the search. It at least brings up where Paul H. performed with Change and Direct Drive. 

It has to be some teething issues with getting international material available to US customers. At least I hope so. :)

Paul 

Ya .   But the real issue is it shows 55. When its actually one and that one is a collaboration.  And if you click on the two below that show two releases, you get NO releases available for that artist.

Capture.JPG.9a200bce16699182df1e0ee014da662c.JPG

1.JPG

The Truth Is Out There

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, left channel said:

Qobuz-MQA-Toneff.png.9882d150dd944f18e772fa1dd4ec89f2.png

I'm experiencing dropouts, clicks, static, and stuttering while trying to play this album from Qobuz app to an MQA DAC, with both ASIO and WASAPI Exclusive. I can play it OK with a non-MQA DAC, but with an MQA-capable DAC I can find no way around the problem. It works better playing through the Qobuz plugin for LMS.

The Tidal app plays same album fine, with my DAC displaying 192k and a blue dot. The Qobuz app gives me 176k and a green dot, plus constant glitches. The Qobuz plugin for LMS played through Squeezelite-X gives me 176k and a green dot, but no dropouts or other glitches. My Pro-Ject S2D is perhaps more sensitive than most DACs to imperfections in an MQA stream, but Qobuz should not be hosting MQA albums if they're not going to play, as MQA-capable DACs will try to decode these every time. Tidal offers an optimized bit-perfect pass through option, but I have no idea why LMS is working.

This is not a complaint about whether or not MQA albums should on Qobuz, nor about the upsampling of that particular album which was originally recorded at 16/50.35. There is another thread here for that [link]. But if it's done, it should be done right.

Any particular track, I've played this selection from front tot back on my Lumin and no drop outs, clicks or stuttering

IMG_0611.JPG

The Truth Is Out There

2 hours ago, left channel said:

Thanks for the report. I would hope most people will be able to play it. But is it unfolding to 192 kHz? If not, I suspect it still isn't unfolding correctly.

As I mentioned above, my DAC — which was advertised prominently right next to the Qobuz banner on this site for weeks — is quite sensitive to imperfections in MQA signals, which is what we have here. But even people without dropouts are reporting that it unfolds to the equivalent of green dot 176 kHz or worse, while on Tidal it unfolds to blue dot 192 kHz and to me sounds better there. Does your Lumin display sample rate and authentication information?

On Tidal for me, with my Lumin its MQA Studio 24/192

The Truth Is Out There

2 hours ago, mansr said:

If you have one, sure. If you can get a sample from both Qobuz and Tidal, even better.

Can you instruct me on the best way to do a digital capture of a music file, software to use etc... Windows machine 7-64 here.  Thanks in advance.

The Truth Is Out There

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2021 at 9:06 AM, David Craff said:

This issue is know and will be fix in the next release.

Do you have a time frame for the next release and a hint of what's in it, I know you mentioned the ability to change the background from white to black but I was wondering if you can share the other fixes or enhancements

The Truth Is Out There

• 2 years later...