IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 8/25/2018 at 10:58 PM, shadowlight said:

Question for the folks who have being using Qobuz for awhile.  Can you let me know how I can configure Qobuz to continue playing similar songs/artist once the last song in a playlist has ended.  Looking for something similar to what Spotify does when playlist ends or what Deezer does with Flow.  I use the Spotify functionality to discover new music and I cannot seem to find how to do that under Qobuz.

I don’t think they have that functionality yet. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 3:10 PM, Martin H said:

Yes- sorry I am familiar with that help area. But I was thinking more of a place where the Qobuz community could talk and share thoughts and recommendations of the music/artists. So more focused upon the content  and helping each other explore it. The uservoice is a good place to flag issues and problems. Just a thought really. Not critical but maybe enhance the experience a little further.

Good idea. There are quite a number of music forums already out there, but having something with some form of a direct link to Qobuz (or better even, integrated with) would be great. 

This would be a spot on fit with the positioning around the music lover that Qobuz focused on. 

14 hours ago, eatapc said:

I'm still confused. I've tried downloading 24/96 content at the native resolution, but the "import" comes in at CD quality. I've yet to get anything above CD quality, whether streaming or playing back from my downloads.

Qobuz screen shot.png

Have you tried changing the import quality in the preferences?

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, David Craff said:

Unfortunately, I do not have a date to provide, but you will not wait another year.

Just a little remark for everyone. Qobuz does not have the striking power of a Spotify, Tidal, Roon or other. When one has 300 developers to fix, improve applications. At Qobuz we have to say that we only have 1% of this amount of developers.

It is legitimate for a customer, especially for a paid service, to be demanding. Just know, without any reproach on our part, that we are doing our best with the resources we have. We are listening to you, we are music lovers.

Regards

I guess the problem was the announcment that was released to early. It's always painful to overpromise and underdeliver.

But the situation is understandable (that said, I'm happy I live in Europe...)

1 hour ago, Peter Hyatt said:

You wouldnt have looked at the 7 options under “settings”? 

It is user friendly.  I’m not tech savvy and this wasn’t challenging. 

Not directed to the poster but an observation here and elsewhere:

Qobuz seems to get quite a bit of criticism with the theme of instant gratification born of entitlement.  Perhaps it’s generational/cultural. 

I’m so grateful to have an alternative to Tidal with such quality!

I did look there in the early days of the app but this option must have been added more recently. 

The app has seen continuous improvements over time. It used to be pretty buggy but is quite stable now. The only remaining issue is that the downloading for offline use that sometimes stalls 

4 hours ago, austinpop said:

I love Qobuz, but the new app (MacOS 5.0.0-b002 for me) is not intuitive for this setting. I looked in vain for anything called "Settings". Ultimately I found it by clicking on:

• nondescript grey face icon on the top right
  • Then click on "Interface"
  • Scroll down to last setting "Saving > Save the selected genres for the homepage"

Would it kill them to just have a Settings menu on the home page of the app?

My original question and the answer were referring to the iOS app. 

6 hours ago, TAV said:

I use both Roon & Audirvana;  if anything my impression is that Roon sounds better by a smidge.  I also prefer the UI in Roon by a mile.   The only reason I'm using Audirvana is because the DLNA/UpnP support in Beta Qobuz IOS/MacOsx apps doesn't work.   I'm also not sold in the pay for use Audirvana remote that gets mediocre usability reviews.  YMMV.  

If Roon is for you I can understand that. The added value it provides just isn’t for me so I cannot comment on SQ.

I was comparing A+ to the many mentions here of using Qobuz‘ own desktop app. 

Same goes for A+ remote app. It’s far from perfect, hasn’t seen a proper update foe ages (the developer is focusing on other stuff instead), but overall does the job,  especially compared to the standalone Qobuz app which doesn’t come with any form of remote. Plus it allows me to seemlessly switch between files in my one library and Qobuz. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, goon525 said:

Is this for random listening? I’ve never chosen a genre - I choose what I want to listen to, and Qobuz doesn’t need to know its genre to find it.

No it is for content discovery on the platform. As a blogger I regularly check out the new releases. Or check out Qobuz playlists.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 10:35 PM, Taz777 said:

Thanks to all those who replied to my question earlier comparing Qobuz with Tidal. One more question if I may: how does offline mode work with Qobuz? It appears to be cache related.

One massive disadvantage I have with Tidal is that lack of offline mode on the desktop app and on (most) DAPs. I've held off buying a DAP due to this lack of offline mode provided natively within the player.

Would Qobuz provide a viable offline mode so I could listen to my playlists when I have no Internet connection (e.g. when I'm on a plane)?

Offline mode works well for my iOS devices. You can chose to download as much as your memory allows at any resolution from MP3 to 24/192. My Dragonfly confirms that I’m getting 24/96 out of the IPhone with the lightning adapter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, David Craff said:

No documentation yet about search engine. This hashtag filters are being tested and will arrive with the redesign of the search engine in the desktop. I can't share them with you knowing that they change regularly.

#multichannel was only made to meet a need and can be changed later

David,

Please use your influence on this topic to tell Qobuz how much this matters.

I really love the service, and have used it for years now, but the search function and, closely linked, the meta tagging of the stuff on offer, could be one of their biggest differentiation factors in the market, especially for classical, but also e.g. differentiating the different remasters of an album.

After all, they are targeting classical music lovers and audiophiles, where those things just matter.

And at this point, search is still pretty much a mess. If

Furthermore, as already flagged previously, I have yet to find an exhaustive list of all new releases, not just the "selection" Qobuz considers relevant.

This is still what I consider Qobuz biggest weakness, or maybe not a weakness, but clearly a lack of positive differentiation.

3 hours ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

I'm not so sure that this falls on Qobuz, and more on the label supplying the files.  The labels are the ones committing fraud if they aren't providing product as labelled to a distributor.  If someone sold fake budweiser to your liquor store, it's not the liquor store's fault. 

Qobuz will be at fault here, IMO, if they don't refund money after you complain of mislabelled downloads.  If they refund the your money, but leave the album available mislabelled for others to be duped, that's when they have a problem on their hands.

What is the policy?  If I buy a mislabelled album do i get my money back?

Whenever I flagged an upsampled album I just purchased was able to choose another one for free, so Qobuz customer service is doing fine. I’ve only had a handful of cases, some true upsampling, some just mislabeled, but I oäalso only buy classical and Jazz, and Most of the upsampled cases seem to concern classic rock remasters. 

I’d presume sure you could get your money back as well if you  prefer.

• 3 weeks later...