IGNORED

Chords New M -Scaler

11 minutes ago, incus said:

Great to get this feedback from the front lines as I await my HMS and TT2 combo as well. Thank you. Could you perhaps describe in a little more detail what the Shunyata brought to the table, besides "minutiae" (which I assume means detail retrieval?)? What is the "goodness" you are hearing, if you don't mind sharing? It would be very helpful to me personally as I contemplate which BNC cables to get for my combo. Cheers (Also has your dealer given you a firm date for the TT2 to arrive?)

First off, no firm date yet on the TT2.  Apparently Chord has still not fulfilled some orders placed in Nov/Dec.

I'll respond to your question about the Shunyata products later.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

3 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

First off, no firm date yet on the TT2.  Apparently Chord has still not fulfilled some orders placed in Nov/Dec.

Oi.

3 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

I'll respond to your question about the Shunyata products later.

Thanks . Much appreciated.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, semente said:

Watts defends the MScaler design.

Interesting post. I use an Mscaler with my Qutest dac and to me  with it sounds better and more relaxed and less "digitally sharp" than without the Mscaler. But I have questions regarding the Mscaler and Qutest which I am running via older macs with standard usb 2 ports. Is Mscaler also easily  compabile with the newer Macbook Airs M1 and M2 which only have two thunderbolt connection ports but no  older standard USB 2 in?

Are there a cables that have standard  USB 2 out from the dac and Mscaler but thunderbolt in at the laptop end? 

Or would I have to get some kind of adapter/ docking box  to make things work as on my older very  soon to be retired mbp 2011 with Snowleopard?

This is one of the few online sites that still works via Snowleopard so I desperately need to upgrade to a newer more modern computer both for the Web in general  and possibly for  PGGB or HQP.  Grateful for informed responses to  my queries.