IGNORED

Chords New M -Scaler

Hi Guys - Thanks so much for the discussion thus far. It's really cool to see people offer opinions about sound quality after listening and for others to offer their expertise based on what they know about the technology.

All information is welcomed.

Since there's no free lunch, I'd love to know about the Pros and Cons to the Chord approach. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

19 minutes ago, Whitigir said:

I still don’t understand the point of M-Scaler.  Why wouldn’t PC be able to do the same, or why wouldn’t an offline conversion do the job ?  I have seen Rob and some one else keep claiming that his filter and algorithms are perfected and superiors to others.  Very interesting 

are there other similar filters ? Or is his really superior

A computer can do it, but in a far less elegant package and requires the user to do far more than connect a couple cables. 

Resale value will will probably be higher for the M Scaler as well :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

OK Guys - Let's try something, if you're up for it. I enabled a new Off Topic reaction similar to the Upvote, Like, and Thanks reactions. 

Given that it's very hard for me to read every post in the context of the entire thread, I often think stuff is off topic or on topic that really isn't. Are you guys willing to mark posts as Off Topic, so I can go through and select them easily to move to another thread? If not, no worries.

In addition the Off Topic reaction will be available everywhere else on the site. 

4 hours ago, ecwl said:

I almost wonder if we should just leave all the posts in and let people see what is marked as off-topic. But I also worry that people will get upset when their posts were labelled off-topic and then this becomes a debate on why things should or should not be off-topic. Let’s see how it goes. I’m curious whether people concur with my perspective of what’s on-topic and what’s off-topic.

That may be the best way forward. 

• 3 weeks later...