IGNORED

Audirvana Windows and AO

jaynyc

Hi.  So Audirvana has recently released Audirvana for Windows

https://audirvana.com/buy-windows/

It can serve as a full and true ASIO and WASAPI front end for playback of local files but MOST IMPORTANTLY it wraps and streams Tidal and Qobuz audio.  This would allow, for example, Tidal listening via pure ASIO, including sample rate conversion as needed for MQA etc..

If AO users wanted to run Audirvana on WS2016, does AO need to offer specific support in a future update?   My limited understanding is that AO supports a specific list of media players.  Any chance it would 'just work' right now with the current version of AO?

Thanks for any guidance. 

Hello

The "Support" of AO for specific mediaplayers is meant in a different way. Those MediaPlayers do not run in Windows Server core without AO. The "support" of AO for these makes them running after all in Core mode of Windows Server XY.

In your case there is absolutely nothing to worry, it will just work. AO does not "unable" any kind of mediayplayers :) The opposite is its job.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

So I just tried installing and running Audirvana Windows on my AO WS2016 machine.   It installs, downloads the libraries it needs etc but when I go to input my license key (or request trial, doesn't matter) the program crashes 'UnhandledException:'

Of course, I'm sure that Audirvana Windows has only been officially tested on Windows 10.  However, given the whole idea of AO and it's success in making it possible to run other media players on WS2016, I thought I'd post this here.

Thanks for any guidance.

unhandledexception.png