IGNORED

Article: Calibrating My Ears at the San Francisco Symphony

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Absolutely not. But even if it did, who cares?

Hi @bbosler - Why are you sad that someone goes to an orchestra and has fun in his own way? Is he barred from all other performances and enjoying them in the way in which won't make you sad? This is all very strange to me. What does it matter how someone else enjoys his free time?

It doesn't make me sad in the least if someone goes to a Pearl Jam concert for the expensive beer and hot dogs. In fact, I'm probably happy for that person if he is happy.

Perhaps you're bothered easily by people who don't act like you or in your approved way? Just using your own terms (bothered). 

I can't understand why anyone would be bothered by other people's actions as long as the actions don't effect anyone else.

Like music? Fine.

Like gear? Fine.

Like music and gear? Fine.

Like to get a baseline sound for comparison of your home playback system, in an effort to increase your enjoyment of this wonderful hobby? Fine. 

16 minutes ago, bbosler said:

Computer Audiophile, I believe  I was very clear that I was open to how people listened and made them  happy was fine with me.  I stated it clearly and alluded to it more than once. I'm not going to go back and dig through but I clearly stated that how one chooses to listen is their own choice and I wished them much happiness in doing so. The fact you choose to scold me for expressing my opinion about what makes me happy compared to others when I  clearly stated I had no problem with the difference, shows how narrow-minded you are, not me. I don't often get riled up on internet forums but what I stated was an opinion about what I chose to do versus others. It was an observation, not a condemnation like your post about me. Yours was a snarky attack about me doing so.  I suppose you will delete this and ban me from the site for firing back. If so I am happy to go if the moderator is offended by  well reasoned opinions. BTW I deleted my original "kiss my ass" line so as not to offend anybody.

Thank you, I feel better

Hi @bbosler - I'll quote my words above just so we don't have to scroll for reference. 

Is it possible you read more into my post that I really wrote?

I only used your words to ask you questions and state my opinion about how people enjoy things. 

I see zero scolding in my words. I would never scold someone for an opinion. I encourage all opinions. Just like yours, I offered mine. 

I didn't see your post as a condemnation, only an opinion. This is why I asked you questions. To help me understand why you would be bothered (your word not mine).

People don't get banned around here for opinions or offending others as long as they don't launch personal attacks.

Last question, is it really deleting a comment if you say you deleted it and write it in full?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, bbosler said:

That is always possible especially in a forum like this, which I believe I acknowledged in an earlier post. However, when someone quotes you and follows with "so what" don't you think that if not scolding it is at a minimum being dismissive, which is defined as "feeling or showing that something is unworthy of consideration." Whether scolded or dismissed, it is IMHO a counterproductive  way to engage in meaningful dialogue.

The line about deleting the line then including the line was in my mind very humorous. An attempt at what I thought was irony.  YMMV

I apologize to all for taking the thread in another direction. Let's get back to discussing the original post. BTW very well written whether or not I agree with it. 

My specific term was "who cares" and I guess there is no way to use that term online and have it be received like I meant it. My fault.

My body language just didn't make it through my screen protector :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png