IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes, CA publishes an exact bit perfect copy of what Tone Audio pushes out through syndication. 

We use it’s syndicated feed exactly how it’s designed to be used. 

Isn't that how syndication always worked?  I don't believe newspapers were allowed to edit content for any syndicated columnist.  They merely published the unedited content, or chose not to use the syndicated content at all.  ("bit perfect," of course, wasn't a term that would have applied in old print, naturally!)

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

Well, one could certainly make an argument that it is best to leave the content as is, even if you were inclined to simply delete it.  Leaving it unaltered, there is evidence that it has not been tampered with, and any accusations that you have changed anything, or originally had something up that was infringing, can be met with proof that you have not altered nor edited anything in those threads.  If you take them down, it would be much harder to prove that there never was anything that infringed copyright or syndication rights (granted by the content creator/owner/whatever by his RSS feed settings).

This isn't merely in case of any legal action, but perhaps more importantly in the long run, the internet rumor mill.  Even in this short span of time, with proof that your site is merely showing the pushed RSS content exactly, there have been people (on this site, in this very thread) misrepresenting the issue as infringement or stealing content.  Imagine the nonsense going forward if you didn't maintain proof of what has actually been published on your site.

(Edited to add:  Not that you need my advice, and also, I imagine you're already well aware of any issues like these that may be relevant.)

^ Ah ha!  Now the conspiracy theorists can work MQA into this!  :D  ToneAudio may have one or more MQA-loving advertisers who have proclaimed they want no link of any kind between that site and CA!