IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

7 minutes ago, church_mouse said:

I think you may be wrong because the TONEAudio rss feed I just pulled in to my InoReader account gets the same length articles as CA.

Did you try anything other than feedbucket before making your statement?

And here's Feedly showing a full article wherein he brags about his BMWs (plural):

image.thumb.png.c67bffdacf2a1e4ea8882c8c80384328.png

Just now, phototristan said:

He's not complaining about his site, he's complaining about yours, as are you too. Since you BOTH don't like how YOUR site is displaying it, why not just fix it? Again, boom - problem solved for both of you. 

You really like saying "boom," don't you?

1 minute ago, phototristan said:

He could be totally incompetent for all I know. That's beside the point. If it's clear he does not want his stuff on my site, I'd simply remove it from my site rather than 'Nope, you left the keys in your car so it's mine now"

If I put up a billboard by the road, is it reasonable of me to then demand that you look away or close your eyes every time you pass it?

9 minutes ago, Milt99 said:

Jeff D. used to post on SHF generally that a new edition of his webzine was available but also in response to reviews on his site.

I responded once to a new gear listing of device isolators, basically pucks of sorbothane with some kind of shiny metal.

The price listed was really expensive like in the thousands.

I posted that I thought for the price these pucks, customer were getting bent over.

No swearing, calling their mag a fake, nothing just about the picks.

Well, he ripped me a new one, MF'er the whole 9 yards. I was attacking his credibility and the credibility of site.

He also informed that the price on site was incorrect and that the pucks were only several hundred dollars.

This guy can put M. Lavorgna to shame

I tried to sincerely apologize and say that I never meant to call into question anything about his site.

Afterall, it wasn't even a review.

I think he told me shove my apology or something like that.

Sheesh.

You should have mentioned reading it on your specially made, gold plated iPad while sat in one of your BMWs.

Just now, firedog said:

I grew up with someone who not only read the book, he went to classes that teach you how to implement the book. He's still a jerk.

I suspect that either only jerks read that book, or the book turns people into jerks.

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I really hope John and Jeff contact all the sites like Feedly who charge a fee to read their RSS feeds. 

P.S. With zero interest in supporting the HiFi community.

Don't forget those dastardly IPSs that eagerly aid and abet in this vile theft. And charge a fee for it too.

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes, Feedly serves advertisements.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 1.17.16 PM.png

Oh, I didn't know that. I only look at my subscribed feeds, not the mix pages. Anyway, who cares? It's a service like any other. Got to be paid for somehow.

1 minute ago, John_Atkinson said:

For reprinting of an RSS feed, the answer is "it depends."

I subscribe to your RSS feed. Maybe one in ten articles seems interesting enough that I click through for the full thing. If you didn't have the RSS feed, I would probably visit your site much less frequently.

13 minutes ago, arcman said:

Since the feed is down now, myself, I would remove this entire thread. A bit embarrassing to have hanging around (If I were the op) if one abides by TA's wishes anyway. 

Mostly embarrassing for Jeff.