IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

I've been a reader of CA and TONE for many years. I know Jeff on a personal level and find him to be a friendly, down to earth guy, not a show off at all. I don't know Chris on a personal level, only say Hi and chat briefly at trade shows. Chris has always been friendly and nice to me. I don't know the relationship between Chris and Jeff.

I am also a content creator (YouTube) and I have to side with Jeff on this one. If someone embeds my videos on their website and use as content, I would be upset. Can they legally do it, yes but that doesn't mean it's ok with me. 

Think of this everyone... if someone walks up to you in public and takes a picture of you and what ever you're doing. Share that picture on a public website as content. Can this person legally do it? Yes, because you are in a public area. How would you feel about that?

Chris, why is it so important to you to include Jeff's content in your RSS reader? If Jeff doesn't want to be on your site then take it down. There are plenty of content on the web. You and Jeff are in the same business and at times work with the same manufacturers. You two will one day run into each other. Why does it have to get ugly with one another? The audio (hi-fi) hobby should be fun, drama is not fun and unnecessary. 

~Mike

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Interesting. 

Our resolution was that I removed John's content after a public back & forth on Twitter. He suggested a phone call which I agreed to. The timing was really bad for me because I was in the middle of a family function when this happened and was heading to Maine at 5 am the next day. We disagreed then and still disagree, but I just didn't have time to continue going back and forth and I think Jon is a really nice guy so I just removed his content. 

Under different circumstances I would have talked to him a bit more to understand his perspective, but that in no way changes my view that I did nothing wrong. 

@thecomputeraudiophile

Perhaps Darko's reason for not wanting to take part in your RSS feed is the same reason as Jeff's. Could Jeff been nicer at the first exchange without accusations and threats, yes. But in my opinion, you're the bully. You took Jeff's lunch money and told him I took it because you didn't lock it down like everyone else. That's a bully move.

That's all from me... moving on.